Search Unity

since installing unity can change grahics drivers

Discussion in 'Linux' started by knobby67, Aug 31, 2015.

1. knobby67

knobby67

Hi,
    I know how strange this sounds, normally on lubuntu I can go into software updates and additional drivers, I can then swap between Xorg and AMD 7650M. As I'm having an issue with Unity displaying a back window on scene I thought I'd click AMD priority drivers. I opened up my additional drivers and can see it's no longer clicked on either AMD or Xorg but now contains a fourth option ( first time ever ) that says "continue using manually installed drivers". This has only appeared since installing unity, also I can't check any another driver?
    I'm slightly confused, is this a unity issues or has something else happened I'm unaware of ?
    Does anyone know of a way to get rid of continue using manually installed drivers" so I can go back to using priority drivers?

2. Tak

Tak

This seems unrelated to Unity.

3. cra0zy

cra0zy

You seem to have manually installed AMD driver, also the black window thing is a bug that AMD driver has.... resizing the window should show the window content.

Anyway to remove the driver open up terminal and do:
    cd /usr/share/ati
    sudo ./amd-uninstall.sh

and reboot the system.

knobby67 likes this.
  4. knobby67

knobby67

Thanks for the advise. And the work round for the scene. The thing about installing manually I haven't, I'm a long time Linux user and swap between AMD and Xorg driver, because of some software I use on a regular basis. So thought ( though obvious wrongly ) that the .deb unity package must have installed latest drivers.