Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Simultaneous Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling

Discussion in 'UIElements' started by MomoRazor, Aug 28, 2019.

1. MomoRazor

MomoRazor

Hi, I've started working with UIElements this week, and I think I've stumbled into an issue regarding the ScrollView VisualElement. I'm attempting to achieve a double sided scroll, since internally, the diagram will be potentially be increasing in both dimensions. However, I can't seem to stop the #unity-content-container and #unity-content-viewport dimensions from tracking each other.

In my investigation, it seems that when I set flex-direction (in uss) to 'row' on the #unity-content-viewport, the horizontal scrolling becomes allowed, as widths of 'viewport' and 'container' stop tracking each other, and similarly if flex-direction is set to 'column', vertical scrolling becomes allowed.

Any advice on how I can achieve this functionality? Can I set the #unity-content-container to grow according to its content only? Thank you.

2. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

3. MomoRazor

MomoRazor

I've instantiated the ScrollView within UXML, not C#, so how do set the ScrollViewMode as such for a UXML ScrollView? I've already set show-horizontal-scroller="true" and show-vertical-scroller="true"

4. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

From within UXML you can set the "mode" attribute to "VerticalAndHorizontal"

MomoRazor likes this.
  5. MomoRazor

MomoRazor

Thanks that works perfectly! Could you point to where this is documented in the UIElements documentations? Because I couldn't seem to find it and it's quite an important attribute to know about for the ScrollView VisualElement. Thanks again for the support!

jonathanma_unity likes this.
  6. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies