Search Unity

Resolved Simultaneous input from gamepad and kbm not supported?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Lork, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Lork

Lork

It seems that with the new input system, regardless of any settings I've been able to find, any input from a gamepad will arbitrarily cancel any keyboard/mouse input that was previously active, and vice versa.

This is terrible for reasons that should be obvious, but it's actually far worse than it initially seems. Simply plugging a controller in is enough to render a game unplayable on kb/m. Any errant 0.000000001f signal from the analog sticks will lock out kb/m inputs, interrupting the player's controls constantly.

Is there some way to get around this obnoxious restriction? If not, this is a major regression from the old input system.

2. Lork

Lork

I figured out how to get simultaneous inputs working gracefully. You need to edit a control scheme and add all of your supported devices to it, then make sure the Player Input component doesn't leave this scheme.

SalvoSoftware likes this.
  3. SalvoSoftware

SalvoSoftware

I've tried but it doesn't work unfortunately! My mouse keeps moving a little even when it's still and this makes playing with gamepad almost impossible (because the movement of the sticks get reset and keys get "stuck") :(