Search Unity

Simulator "frequently used" overlay

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by avijeettomer, Jun 6, 2022.

1. avijeettomer

avijeettomer

This is my first Unity forum post, apologies if it's posted in the wrong section!

I keep getting "Frequently Used" overlay while using the Simulator (which replaces the Game window for testing on mobile devices), please see the attached image.

It is annoying because it interrupts the gameplay testing, and I cannot find a way to stop it from happening, please help?

Thank you!

Attachment:
    Screenshot (1).png

2. BrutifulGames

BrutifulGames

Please, yes, this. For the love. At the very least provide a clear "close" option for it.

avijeettomer likes this.
  3. hazzm55

hazzm55

Ctrl + backspace will toggle it on and off
    And on Android, you can toggle it by 3 fingers double tap rapidly

flouser1993 and TheDre like this.
  4. eloinpuga

eloinpuga

Has anybody found a GOD DAMN WAY to disable this permanently? I am using mouse and it C O N S T A N T L Y pops up making gameplay testing a DAMN NIGHTMARE

sickshredzz likes this.
  5. RealHandy

RealHandy

Thanks @hazzm55 I'm getting it using Unity Remote on Android. It's the Rendering Debugger.

essencewareoffice and TheDre like this.
  6. TheDre

TheDre

After some digging i found the solution, thanks to @RealHandy suggesting that it was happening because of the Rendering Debugger instead of the Simulator.

To fix this issue, you simply search for the DebugManager script in your Project files (Search: All) then change the following code to 'false'. That should fix this issue.

private bool m_EnableRuntimeUI = true;

m_hakozaki and citycat3000 like this.