Search Unity

Question Simulation View: Proxy shows object when added, but not when press Play

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by wickedwaring, Jun 18, 2020.

1. wickedwaring

wickedwaring

Hi,

I have used the MARS Create Tool on the bed in the bedroom 20x17 sample simulation object to add a generated proxy and a child cube gameobject.

The cube shows in the simulation view immediately, which is all good.

Yet, when I press play in the simulation view, the cube does not show at all when moving around device / sim?

I know this is min basics, but how do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      3.4 MB
      Views:
  2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

hello @wickedwaring. You have to check if you press play mode when you are in simulation view or device view; they are different.

If you press "play" on simulation view, it will start playing a recording; if no recording is found, nothing will happen. Whereas if you press play in device view it will let you move around when you have the mouse right click pressed.

Being said that, to check out the compare tool to create proxies and see them on the simulation do this:

Set your view type to be on simulation and the select type to be on content:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.30.02 PM.png

After this, drag and drop a prefab (a cube for example) to the sim view and the detected planes should be highlighted (in green) and have your object on the planes.
    Upon doing this, you should get a window that pops up asking if you want to create a proxy for said object.
    Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.36.15 PM.png

In this case I set the condition to be ~59cm above the floor (that's the bed height calculated by the app on that plane).
    Press confirm and you should have a "Generated Proxy" object on the hierarchy; like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.44.14 PM.png
    After you have that, you should be G2G to test your object in sim view. Now to test it out. Set your Simulation view to "Device view":

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.46.15 PM.png

With that, just press play and right click to start scanning your environment; with that you should be able to see your proxy in the environment when the plane scanned meets the condition.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.47.08 PM.png

Do bare in mind that if you scan another plane and that other plane has the same condition (height is ~59cm) your proxy will get placed there first.

Hope this helps! :)

wickedwaring likes this.
  3. wickedwaring

wickedwaring

Thank you, this detailed explanation did help.

jmunozarUTech likes this.