Search Unity

Simulation Environment - Designing a structure.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Jason210, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Jason210

Jason210

Hi

I've played around with Unity and other game engines / editors for a while, importing simple objects, attaching scripts to them and so on, so I know the basics. What I want to do now is make a simulation of a ship. This will be a large ship, with a walkthrough environment, that is controllable. The map through which the ship will move will be relatively limited, but the ship itself will be quite detailed, and will need to be composed of levels.

The dynamic is this multi-level environment has to "move" relative to the another environment - between two harbours. Would appreciate any advice on how to approach this.

I can think of several ways to do it, but I don't have the experience to choose the most effiecient way, so I'd appreciate some advice!

Thanks
    Jason

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Loius

Loius

DontDestroyOnLoad Skybox?

3. Jason210

Jason210

For example, if I have an asset that is moving relative to a static model, ie. a vehicle, how can I put objects on that vehicle, including a first person camera, so that it inherits the movement of the vehicle? Is there a way to make and break hierarchy dynamically?