Search Unity

Simulate app suspend and resume in Unity play mode

Discussion in 'VR' started by W3dge_, Oct 15, 2018.

1. W3dge_

W3dge_

Hello everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to simulate an UWP app suspend and resume event in Unity ? This would help me a lot because I wouldn't need to build a new release each time I have a bug related to this pause/resume mechanism.

Thanks.
    Joran.

2. ivan20071

ivan20071

Hi,
    you can simulate suspend and resume event with VS debugger.
    You must open the Debug Location toolbar
    upload_2018-10-16_9-15-30.png
    upload_2018-10-16_9-19-41.png
    Ivan

3. W3dge_

W3dge_

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the answer, though I'm not sure if it is exactly what I was looking for. With your solution I probably need to make a UWP build and run in it either in the headset or in a emulator.

But in my case, I would like to remain in the Unity play mode and generate those events. It might simply just not be possible.

Joran.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Suspend/resume concepts don't exist on Windows desktop applications (and that's what Unity editor is). The one thing I could suggest would be to bind a key to editor to invoke your specific events, but I'm not sure how accurate such a simulation would be.

5. ivan20071

ivan20071

Hi,
    yes with my solution you must make a UWP build.
    As mentioned by Tautvydas-Zilys when you are in Unity play mode you don't have a uwp app but a desktop application and suspend/resume concepts don't exist on Windows desktop applications.
    Ivan