Search Unity

Simpler Cash System/Logic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bongmo, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Bongmo

Bongmo

Hi.

I played a mobile game. In the game you can collect gold, coal, diamonds etc.

The earned cash is showed like this in the game: E.g. 2k, 1.3M, 3.2B, 4.5T, 1.93aa (never heard of that "aa") etc.

I thought "How the game can be made simpler".

Not these large numbers, something else? Something, that a child or teenager could understand and which is more manageable/viewable. Maybe smaller numbers, or what else?

And e.g. this:
    k = 1,000
    m = 1,000,000
    b = 1,000,000,000
    etc. Where can I find some information about this? Where is this described? What is coming after b and so on?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you search Wikipedia for specific numbers they generally have the common abbreviations. In the short scale number system commonly used in English speaking countries, what follows a billion is a trillion, and is generally abbreviated as T. When you go above trillions into quadrillions and quintillions, these aren't commonly used enough for you to expect people to actually recognize any abbreviations, so I'd just write out the full word or use scientific notation. Above that and you exceed the value of even a Long, so I'm going to guess you're not dealing with such high numbers.

When people think of numbers, often their knowledge is linked to their usage with money, and not even the US government budgets or debt deals with numbers higher than trillions (yet), so don't expect people to recognize such large numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales

3. bobisgod234

bobisgod234

Kiwasi likes this.
  4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Thanks Kiwasi I couldn't remember what it was called - but was looking for it. I prefer SI scale as well.

By chance is this some kind of 'clicker' game?
    I've seen a couple that have to make scale of earned points/cash so obnoxiously large because one mental manipulation tactic is to reward the player upon return with millions, and zillions, and umpty-illions of points for returning, and if you pay .99 you will earn double!

6. Bongmo

Bongmo

Hmm. Never thought of that.

But maybe it's possible to make it simpler and still have mental fun with not large numbers etc.?

7. FMark92

FMark92

Nobody bothered to simply check out Names of large numbers?
    Someone recommended metric prefix chart?
    Disappointing.