Search Unity

SimpleAnimation component issues

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AMO_Noot, Mar 5, 2018.

1. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

So, I thought I'd give the SimpleAnimation stuff from github a go; so I can futureproof some animations that I would otherwise do in Legacy.

But I seem to be running into really weird issues: I have two separate SimpleAnimation gameobjects, completely separate, each with a different Animation clip in them. Let's call it an Elevator and a Door.

The problem is that no matter what I try, both the Elevator AND the Door do the Elevator animation, even though the Door GameObject is clearly set to the Door animation clip. What's more, when I open up the Animation window on the Door Gameobject after Playing, it then acts like there is no animation clip set on the object, and tells me to create a new one. Even though there's clearly an animation clip set. (and that is the Door Animation).

These aren't parented or connected in any way. The only similarity between these gameobjects is that they both have a SimpleAnimation component.

Is it somehow impossible to have two simple animations, on different gameobjects running at one time? Is SimpleAnimation just buggy? Legacy Animation works fine.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Can you provide a link to the 'simple' animation stuff you are referring to?

3. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

Here's the link: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/11/28/introducing-the-simple-animation-component/

I, too, am having some issues with the SimpleAnimation component. If I have animation clips in the component but no Animator Controller, no clips show up in the Animation Window for the object. They play back properly at runtime, however.

Actually, I wonder if that's the issue @Kirbychwan. Maybe both objects are using the same Runtime Animator Controller?

4. AMO_Noot

AMO_Noot

@BrainAndBrain That was my initial thought as well. I placed SimpleAnimations on the game objects separately, so I have no idea why they would want to share the same runtime animator controller. Must be a bug...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

The only thing I can think is to create Animator Controller assets for both objects. Of course, having to create an Animator Controller seems to defeat part of the purpose of SimpleAnimation to begin with. But it's what I'm currently doing to workaround the Animation Window issue of not showing any clips.