Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple WebRTC recieving from a known IP address

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by andybak, Jun 25, 2021.

1. andybak

andybak

I've got an iOS app that will stream to a reciever on the same network. The example reciever code is in javascript:

https://github.com/marek-simonik/re.../video-sources/WiFiStreamedVideoSource.js#L47

It seems much simpler than any of the examples here or in the Unity WebRTC package.

Is there an equivalent to this that skips all the ICE/signalling stuff. I'm not sure I need any of that in this case - plus the app is closed source so I have to work with it as it's built and it seems to be built for a simple direct connection.

Apologies if I've fundementally understood how WebRTC works. That's entirely possible.

CloudyVR likes this.
  2. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I too think I fundamentally misunderstand WebRTC. I only need to connect a local client's ip address and stream video from one project to another, but I can't get any examples to work and now I think I need host TURN servers just to connect projects on same PC?

3. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

Furioos is the streaming service made by Unity, this might be useful for you.
    https://www.furioos.com/

4. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

Thanks but does this mean I have to pay monthly to use simple peer-peer streaming? Both projects are on same local network and I don't need worldwide streaming.

Is it possible for local clients to use WebRTC or render streaming without paid monthly services? I only need rendertexture from one project (on local LAN) to be visible in another project on same LAN.

5. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

If you use WebRTC on same LAN, you don't need TURN server. What kind of problem are you having?

CloudyVR likes this.
  6. andybak

andybak

My initial question was fairly clear on this - the lack of a minimal simple example of WebRTC without TURN and all that jazz.

7. olivers89

olivers89

well, it's been a while, and everything still leads here... so if anyone has any actually helpful examples on how to recieve a videostream from a known webRTC source on a known IP in the same network, let me know please.

8. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

KakaoAnt likes this.
  9. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

I might misunderstood your issue. You want to know the method how to use WebRTC without signaling server. Is it right?
    Unfortunatelly, we don't have the sample, but I guess you need to implement the server in Unity app to receive SDPs.