Search Unity

Simple walkthrough for IOS development

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Peysbubby, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Peysbubby

Peysbubby

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to unity and I am interested in developing games for IOS. I have done a large amount of research over the past few weeks however I cannot seem to find what im looking for. Is there somebody here who can give a somewhat simplified, yet detailed walkthrough on how I would go about beginning development for IOS games, as well as some general tips and tricks as well? I know I have to have an Apple developers license to release my game to IOS, but do I have to have it to start building my game?

2. sfjohansson

sfjohansson

Starting to make games is really a journey of discovery of many different things so "simple and detailed" doesn't really apply.

Apparently the requirement to have a dev license to test on device has been removed recently...so you if you got a mac and Xcode installed you should be able to deploy it to device.

But ultimately...you have two things here making a game in unity and putting it on an iOS device...I would say that start doing one thing at a time....so maybe ignore the device for now and do a few tutorials on making a game of any kind in unity...endless runner maybe...or something like a top down shooter...

Hope this helps..have fun!