Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Roadwork is going free (when Unity approve)

jprocha101, schmosef and shiva-js like this.
  2. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Firstly i want to thank your for the great Assets! ;)

I have a question regarding the Military Pack:
    With the current Animator it is not possible to shoot and walk at the same time, do you have any plan change this?

3. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Maulwurfmann - Thanks :)! Yes, we are currently working on an update for this (it's taking a while because we want it to be solid)

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  4. syntystudios

syntystudios

5. vinsanity68

vinsanity68

Hi I have a question on the Simple Military pack before I purchase. Does it include animations for the helicopter (i.e. spinning rotors) and tanks (moving turrets/tires/tracks)? And does it include animations for missile fire (missile flying) and gunfire (bullets flying)?

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

@vinsanity68 -
    Spinning rotors - Animation not included (assets are separated so that you can animate via code)
    Tanks - Animation not included (Turrets can be rotated)
    Gun fire - no

These are all things that would be controlled via scripts so we have left them out.
    Hope that helps

7. skrad

skrad

Hey,
    question about simple military:

Seen some people asking for run/walk animations with the guns, is this added yet to the pack?
    If not added, when can we expect it?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  8. syntystudios

syntystudios

@skrad - Not yet but it will be added in the next week or so.

9. paulojsam

paulojsam

since simple road is going to be free, and i bought it, can i exchange it for another of your packages

mroyusa likes this.
  10. syntystudios

syntystudios

@paulojsam - I bought Shader Forge a week ago for $90 and today it is on sale for $30, unfortunately that's how life works sometimes.

schmosef likes this.
  11. paulojsam

paulojsam

what if someone bought planet earth and its not happy with the natives ...

12. schmosef

schmosef

13. w34edrtfg

w34edrtfg

¿Do you ask the same when games go on Summer sales? Or at gas station? Or at food-market offers?
    If you thought the price wasn't right, why did you buy it?

When i wanted Military pack, i paid the 38€ because i found it was a good price.
    When i wanted Simple Town pack, i didn't like the price. So i waited for a sale, and i bought it at the price that if found right.

syntystudios likes this.
  14. paulojsam

paulojsam

syntystudios likes this.
  15. syntystudios

syntystudios

We switched Simple Roadwork to free because it was our cheapest pack, people who have previously bought it have enabled us to continue making packs and we hope now that Simple Roadwork is free it should increase the visibility of all our packs. More sales means more packs and more options for you guys.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    UnleadedGames and shiva-js like this.
  16. JBacal

JBacal

I love your charming designs. But I have a question. The taxi (and perhaps other vehicles - but I've only worked so far with the taxi) seems to be oriented backwards along the z axis. This creates an issue when using software like Simple Waypoint System and having the taxi follow/orient to a path. The taxi always drives backwards along the path. The current solution is to child the taxi to another object which is oriented in the "forward" direction. Have you designed your models this way for a reason? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Jay

17. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I had the same issue, but you just have to rotate the "Body" Y-Rotation by 180.

18. gozdagb

gozdagb

When will be Simple Military updated?

jprocha101 likes this.
  19. syntystudios

syntystudios

@JBacal - Nope you're not doing anything wrong, this was just an oversight we had when we first published the asset a year ago and to change it now would annoy a lot of people with existing games that assume this backward orientation. @Maulwurfmann - yep that would fix it :)
    @gozdagb - "in the next week or so."

20. JBacal

JBacal

Would also love some animals to populate the town like dogs, cats, birds etc.
    Best,
    Jay

jprocha101 and syntystudios like this.
  21. JBacal

JBacal

Hi again,

The corner road piece seems to have noticeable and undesirable white edge. Please see the attached picture. Is there a way to remove this white edge?

Thanks,
    Jay

Attached Files:

22. syntystudios

syntystudios

@JBacal - are you using Anti aliasing x4? for some odd reason in Unity 5 this issue occurs when x4 is on, x2 and x8 are fine. Also check that you have snapped the pieces together correctly (Use Snap settings under the edit menu) otherwise email us a scene

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  23. Shavik

Shavik

I have been having this problem for quite a while. Nothing I could find would make the white lines disappear but after this message I turned Anti aliasing to off and they completely disappeared. ANY AA setting other than OFF, caused the white lines to appear. Attached are some screenshots.

Obviously I'd like to find a solution where AA could be enabled and not have the white lines.

AntiAliasing - Disabled
    aa-disabled.png
    AntiAliasing - 2x Multi Sampling
    aa-2x.png
    AntiAliasing - 4x Multi Sampling aa-4x.png
    AntiAliasing - 8x Multi Sampling aa-8x.png

24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I simply used the "Antialiasing" Script from the Unity Standard Assets Package, they work absolutely fine.

But i have also a question for syntistudios:
    How can i edit the animations, or add additional? e.g. i would like to let a zombie "explode".

Thanks!

25. JBacal

JBacal

Hi and thanks!

I discovered that some of my road pieces where not rotated to whole numbers due to floating point errors. Setting them back to whole numbers (0,90, 180,270) fixed the white edge issue I mentioned in my earlier post.

However, I too am now seeing the white lines across the road at certain distances and camera angles that Shavik pictures above. Turning off anti-aliasing does mostly remove the lines but unfortunately causes other issues with certain edges.

Is there another solution for this phenomenon?

Best,
    Jay

Update: just tried the anti-aliasing script. This does work. Unfortunately, I believe this effect can not be used on mobile devices using OpenGL ES 2.0.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I use FXAA1 and this works fine for Android and iOS, only WP8 does not work.

syntystudios likes this.
  27. gozdagb

gozdagb

Simple military. I hope there will be an update for this asset, for now i will buy this package but i believe you will update it.
    Also if i can make any request for new package, will be great if you make a extension or new package with tons of military tanks, guns, soldiers from WWII. Or just more tanks models for simple military.

Thanks

28. syntystudios

syntystudios

@JBacal - We will take a better look into this once the Military update is done, it does seem rather odd though.

@gozdagb - We are working on the update atm, we are also building an asset viewer. Simple WWII has been talked about and could be a future pack.

THE ASSET VIEWER
    We are building an asset viewer so we can easily see how the assets (mainly characters) react in a game type environment for testing and eventually so customers can see our assets before they buy. It also means we can show you the Simple Military update before we submit to Unity and you don't have to wait to see it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    jprocha101 likes this.
  29. syntystudios

syntystudios

@JBacal, @Maulwurfmann, @Shavik - Just took a look at the white line issue and it is 100% a Unity issue, basically when a UV coordinate is mirrored it gets confused. So I removed all mirroring on the road UV's and the issue is no more!
    Will submit this fix with a few more quick fixes today.

Fixed While line issue.

EDIT - SIMPLE TOWN UPDATE SUBMITTED

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  30. JBacal

JBacal

Thanks for all the great communication.

Slowly buying all the packs...can't stop!! :)

Small issue with the Items pack. It downloads with an Editor folder and a Standard Assets folder which generates errors. Needed to remove these unintended(?) folders.

Also the SimpleItems material has a medium gray Main Color as its default which makes all the items quite dull and dark. Needed to set the Main Color to full white.

Best,
    Jay

syntystudios likes this.
  31. syntystudios

syntystudios

@JBacal - Have just submitted an update for Simple Items with the fixes you mentioned, thanks.

32. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hallo, when can we expect the VOTE WINNER.

Simple Airport
    23 vote(s)
    46.9% ?
    ?

33. ZJP

ZJP

+1 :p

34. JBacal

JBacal

Wish List - background elements for town like hills, mountains, clouds, custom skybox in Simple Style with blocky crescent moon, sun, stars.

Thanks,
    Jay

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  35. syntystudios

syntystudios

@Devision4 @ZJP - One of us has just returned from holiday where there were many airport reference photos taken, work will start on this very shortly as we wrap up the Simple Military update/Asset viewer.

Simple Background, will add this to the big fat list.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  36. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Great news, thank you. What do you mean by Simple Military Update? What will be updated? And what is the Asset Viewer?! Oo

I recognize your free Road asset does not fit the the other city pack. The road has yellow line instead of white. Will you update that or will you release Highway elements with yellow lines?

37. syntystudios

syntystudios

SIMPLE TOWN UPDATE LIVE (still 50% off)

Version 10.05
    - Fixed Road white line issue
    - Added a new grass piece to match the road size
    - Fixed normals on Office building

@Devision4 - The asset viewer is something we needed to test the characters animations so we have been working on one that can also be used to show off our assets to you guys. We should be able to roll it out with the Simple Military update. Check the roadmap for details

We are planning to submit the Simple Military update this weekend followed by Simple Airport the next weekend.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    UnleadedGames, gozdagb and shiva-js like this.
  38. gozdagb

gozdagb

Great News!

Can we know what changes will be in Simple Military update?
    I wait for new animations for characters, this animation systen what we got now, its a big pain for optimalization in mobile devices and its just hard.
    I asking becouse i dont know if continue working in my project or just wait for an update.

Thanks.

39. syntystudios

syntystudios

40. gozdagb

gozdagb

Its seems that will be ok.
    I dont know how that will be looks like after update, but im my opinion that should be looks like that:
    All guns should be a separated objects and all guns texture packed in to texture atlas. Only what i should do, is just put the weapon in the hand left or right (depend of animation) set position, rotation, scale to 0, 0, 0, and have 3-4 animation for each weapon: hold weapon (can be 1frame animation/pose), shoot, reload. With this solution we can make in animator another layer with weight seted to 0 and animator mask only with selected arms. When player shooting we just set weight to 1(blended or no) and call wanted animation.

Or is any better solution for this? i am new in unity so i can thinking wrong.

Thanks.
    Also i want say your assets are incretible awesome.

41. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

syntystudios likes this.
  42. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Awesome Maulwurfmann. How did you make the map? Is it auto-generated? Maybe you do a Tutorial some day or selling a kit? :D

43. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks! :)
    There are different "Environment-Prefabs" which are simply spawned (randomly) one after another and despawned again if out of cam. Sorry currently we don`t have any plans on making a tutorial or selling a kit.

44. syntystudios

syntystudios

SIMPLE ITEMS - UPDATE LIVE

Version 1.01
    - Removed extra folders
    - Changed Material color to white
    - Added Unity 5 version

@gozdagb - That is more or less what we are doing. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  45. Macro

Macro

Any chance you could do an office/building interior pack?

46. syntystudios

syntystudios

We are planning to do these interior packs (to start with)
    SIMPLE HOUSE INTERIORS
    SIMPLE SHOPS INTERIORS
    SIMPLE OFFICE INTERIORS

47. syntystudios

syntystudios

We have started work on the Simple Airport today. Here is a small sneak peak of the upcoming pack :)

48. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Looks great! But please also add an actual Airport and some none military planes.

49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

And do you think it would be possible to make a car transporter truck?

We want to add ramps to our game, and i think a car transporter would be perfect for it.

Thanks!

50. syntystudios

syntystudios

This is just a small slice :) There will be buildings, commercial planes, private planes, runways etc
    A transporter truck wouldn't really fit into Airport so we will have to see where it fits timeline wise.

Simple Military Update WIP -
    We have been having a hard time trying to get the characters to work perfectly and with minimal setup your end but we may have found a solution to the main issue of aiming while walking and running. Each weapon requires a different body orientation and thus the characters were aiming in different directions. The solution will require some parameters to be set in code your end but you are already setting the gun visibility so this isn't a big deal.

Expect the asset viewer for the military update in the next few days.

Update 1.1
    Vehicles

- Add medic truck
    - Separate all wheels

Buildings
    - Guard tower
    Props
    - Broken concrete walls
    Animations
    - Change the way guns are animated (with the character)
    - Walking/Running with weapons animation
    - Stationary animations version with no root motion (Walk and Run)
    - Look up, down, left, right
    - Add Mini gun animations
    - FPS hands

Weapons
    - Add mini gun

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015