Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dojoman

dojoman

ZJP likes this.
  2. Orepheus

Orepheus

I wish it didn't cost money to get these amazing packs.:( But sadly, because you worked so hard on these, we have to pay.

3. dojoman

dojoman

I would say it is a reasonable price compared with the value you get from it. Just my opinion.

syntystudios and DiNoGames like this.
  4. syntystudios

syntystudios

@DiNoGames - If you select a character there is a Animator controller on it, open up the Animator window and change the parameters in playmode (You will need to control these in code for your game.
    @Orepheus - Just have to hope for more sales. We tried to price them at a price lower than other assets on the store.
    @dojoman - thanks :)
    @smokegun - We will be releasing so many packs in the future that creating a pack of all assets isn't viable.

Airport is in the lead!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  5. smokegun

smokegun

Ok, no problem i going to buy all your asssets that will save my some time but may i ask wich program you use to model them?

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

@smokegun Maya

7. Vagaldindo

Vagaldindo

Hey guys,

i've been seeing a lot of games made with these amazing packs.

I need show mine:

Mynerace

8. smokegun

smokegun

I am going to buy all the packages but i am also trying to learn some modelling so i am going to true to make more characters!

syntystudios likes this.
  9. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Nice job there

Vagaldindo likes this.
  10. Safebox

Safebox

I'm curious to know, has anyone created a texture template for the Simple characters? And for that matter why isn't there one included in the packs.

11. andyz

andyz

Hi I like your packs and bought the Simple Military one which is good although it seems to lack animation control for running and gunning - holding the weapon up to fire at all times. It seems the animations are more poses than shooter-game ready?
    Also I was wondering what the scale is you work to. I assume all the packs are same scale but the characters are kind of 1.5 x normal height, like nearly 3m tall, perhaps everything is 1.5x size or just the chunky characters?

orchard800 likes this.
  12. jdiperla

jdiperla

Anyone have a demo scene that I can download that would make the simple town scene look like it did in the video Preview? No matter what I do, it just wont look good. Even a step by step tutorial would be great. I already looked on page 3 of this thread, but I just can't seem to replicate it :(

EDIT: When I say tutorial, I mean more like the proper settings for the directional lights and Lighting window.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  13. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Town is in LEVEL 11 this month! 50% off
    @Safebox - Our packs are not meant for customization, however if you have the know-how you're welcome to create your own, we already get enough support messages that it is hard to keep up with, if we included a texture template we would no doubt be answering emails all day. However we have been thinking about how we could create a Simple Characters pack which would enable you to mix and match pieces.

@andyz - Simple Military will get an update with more assets and the animation you mentioned.
    Correct this is the style we went for, chunky characters as we felt they read better on screen this way.

@jdiperla - What Unity are you using? Unity 4 is very different to 5 in terms of lighting.

14. jdiperla

jdiperla

I using Unity 5.

15. biggbest

biggbest

Great job, as always !!!
    Two questions:

1) Have you planned to create the missing stripped road corners ?

2) Any planned discount on the military asset soon ? :p

Thank you ! :)

16. syntystudios

syntystudios

@jdiperla - Can you send us an image of what you were able to get in Unity 5 as we haven't used 5 yet. contact@syntystudios.com

@biggbest 1.) We can add that 2.) We have submitted Simple Military for a sale, now it's up to Unity to randomly select it from the hundreds of requests they no doubt get a day. It took us 8 months to get a sale last time fyi

17. ei8htbit

ei8htbit

Great asset platform guys! I look forward to your next developments to continue expanding it. I think it's great you are offering polls to keep the community involved with it's progress. However, for what it's worth I think the most valuable addition to this entire package would be more animations (or at least sharing/including animations between all of the character sets since they are based on the same root models anyway rather than limiting the animations to the individual sets). You have included some great animations already but with that in mind I think the following would add a lot more flexibility in terms of interaction with other characters in the environment:

1) Crouch/Pick Up (item from ground)
    2) Give (item to other person)
    3) Receive (item from other person)
    4) Talking (maybe simple hand gestures)
    5) Head Nod (saying yes)
    6) Head Shake (saying no)
    7) Eating/Drinking (similar to wipe mouth I suppose)

18. syntystudios

syntystudios

@ei8htbit - Thanks, the reason for including separate animations comes down to the packs usage, including all the gun type animation in Simple People/Citizens will just result in emails asking for guns to be added. We are currently finishing off Simple Props (environmental assets) that can be used to make Simple Town look lived in. After Simple Props we will create Simple Items (Character based assets) this pack will also include a bunch of animations (will add your ones) which are related to the items ie Burger - eat animation, Axe - Swing animation etc
    note - Simple Airport will come after Simple Items.

19. ei8htbit

ei8htbit

@syntystudios - ha fair enough you make a good point! I can only imagine how much work goes into building/maintaining assets like this. The simple props and items sound like a great addition - looking forward to those! Anyway thanks for the reply and good luck with future updates.

syntystudios likes this.
  20. dojoman

dojoman

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    syntystudios likes this.
  21. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Props Preview - Coming soon!

Proxi, Vagaldindo, ZJP and 3 others like this.
  22. sefou

sefou

Splendid. ;)

syntystudios likes this.
  23. dojoman

dojoman

It can be a headache to find assets visually fitting together if you need to have many variations in your game.

The seamless style of your assets is of great help for that purpose. Keep up the good work!

Find your next asset instantly bought by me :cool:

ZJP and syntystudios like this.
  24. redchurch

redchurch

Seems to work okay with Complete Physics Platformer, although I had to make quite a few modifications to support the extra animations and haven't even finished implementing them.

Has anyone set up ragdolls on SimplePeople? Unity's ragdoll generator and Ultimate Ragdoll Generator seem to fail pretty hard... I am probably going to have to set these up manually. :-(

BTW, seems to go well with Jean Moreno's Cartoon FX 1-4 particle packs!

Vagaldindo likes this.
  25. syntystudios

syntystudios

@redchurch - We haven't yet tried Unity Ragdoll but would like to add it to all the character packs at some stage.

26. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

I set up simple characters with UFPS, rag doll works perfect, you shouldn't have any issues just a time consuming PITA.

syntystudios and redchurch like this.
  27. redchurch

redchurch

Could be lack of T pose as they advise, but FTR, here is what Unity's and also Ultimate Ragdoll Generator outputs... :p

Should have no problems with that ragdoll, right? ;-)

28. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

I think the wrong bone is getting picked for the root/hip mine do not look like this. The collision boxes should be perfect on hip/spine. I just use the built in unity ragdoll maker.

syntystudios likes this.
  29. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

I've purchased several of these assets and they are great ^ ^

I didn't see it in the request/voting but I'm really interested in simple buildings with interiors- or a separate asset pack with some interiors that would match simple buildings/town :)

Keep up the great work!

syntystudios and dojoman like this.
  30. dojoman

dojoman

"interiors" is a good idea! i'd like to see that too some day.

syntystudios likes this.
  31. syntystudios

syntystudios

Would Interiors like https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18139 work?
    We know that a bunch of people want interiors but connecting them to buildings becomes hard. If they were separate like the above asset we could easily do them at some point. The other option is to create new buildings with interiors in mind.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  32. dojoman

dojoman

As from my point of view the simple assets are best used in top down perspective, i would consider interiors to be loaded in a separate scene which could be loaded when a player character enters a building. But this would just be my approach.

syntystudios likes this.
  33. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Hi syntystudios, I know you have a lot on your plate for these wonderful assets but was curious if the update for simple cars with separate wheels and wheel wells was over looked? You mentioned it was submitted in an earlier post with the others but I haven't seen the update go live yet. It shows an update was applied on May 7th but for me it's still the original package.

syntystudios likes this.
  34. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Separate interiors would work well since we already own the exteriors- So if you sold an interior pack that has separate interiors that matched the building types in the building/town/military packs that would be awesome and an instant buy for me :)

syntystudios likes this.
  35. syntystudios

syntystudios

36. flyingmate

flyingmate

I'm considering to buy Simple Military, I'm curious if vehicles have animations or not. For example, choppers can fly? or should I animate it manually like rotating the propeller? Tanks can aim up/down and left/right?

37. syntystudios

syntystudios

@flyingmate - Vehicles do not include animations, it's super easy to animate things like this with Unity.

38. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Items - Submitted to the Asset store

Next we start Simple Airport and work on the many updates we need to get out.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    UnleadedGames and dojoman like this.
  39. syntystudios

syntystudios

dojoman likes this.
  40. im

im

hey just picked up simple props and cant wait for simple items

we do need interiors i think that should be like high priority perhaps like after airport since you mentioned you were working on the next, but hopefully interiors after that...

(and when you doing interiors please dont forget do to all the rooms like bathroom is very important notice lots of the other interior packs dont do bathrooms which sucks since who does not have one...

plus interiors goes great with those simple items

if your doing interiors dont forget walls and ceilings and doing a new modular building pack that works with interiors that would be best.

so please do lots of furniture for each room, think sims :)

one thing i did notice is that simple items does not have places and glasses, so please add them cause they are needed for the food...

also what would be nice is for a damaged buildings, vehicles, streets, props, ect for like war / apocalypse type games

anyways great job as always only gave 5 stars cause the damn thing wont let me give more ;)

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    syntystudios likes this.
  41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Interiors are something that we have been discussing for a while, they wont work with existing buildings due to the static nature of the doors and windows not to mention the scale of the buildings were never meant to have interiors. We came up with 2 potential methods and will investigate them soon. We would possibly make a bunch of focused smaller packs ie Simple Kitchen, Bathroom/Toilet, Lounge, Bedroom, Office, Restaurant etc

After Simple Airport we may do Simple Post-apocalypse (name needs to be shorter) since a lot of people are making zombie type games, but we will do another poll soon to make sure that is what you all want.

42. someunityguy

someunityguy

Simple Apocalypse

43. im

im

Simple Post-apocalypse would be cool

i also like idea about interiors

and while i agree existing buildings wont work with interiors you could have whole new modular buildings that would be scaled to work with them.

basically bunch of wells, ceilings, floors, doors, windows, stairs, ect so people can make buildings, homes, stores, ect from the modular parts... perhaps get it to work with one of those assets in unity that do such things using bunch of modular parts. so you could in theory generate your buildings

44. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Apocalypse could work. Still a little long but it does fit on the icon.

We could create new buildings that can have interiors, this could be just an alteration to the existing buildings or brand new ones but we need to start making the pack before we know the direction to take.

We actually can't remove the poll or create another (DUMB) so we might have to do it oldschool.

45. syntystudios

syntystudios

POLL - Simple Apocalypse (2 questions)

Question 1. How big would you like this pack to be? (Based on existing pack sizes)
    A. $4.99 (Roadwork size)
    B. $9.99 (Building/Cars sized)
    D. $34.99 (Military sized)
    E. $49.99 (Woah this is huge)
    G. $69.99 (MASSIVE)

Question 2. What would you like the focus of the pack? (Select as many as you like)
    A. Zombies (With more animations)
    B. Apocalypse Survivors (With more animations)
    C. Apocalypse vehicles (Guns, spikes, armor etc)
    D. Apocalypse Buildings (Safe houses, boarded up buildings, check points etc)
    E. Destroyed Assets (burnt our vehicles, crashed helicopters, destroyed buildings etc)
    F. More Simple FX
    G. Apocalypse props

Answer like -
    1- E
    2- ABCDEF

dojoman likes this.
  46. dojoman

dojoman

I think the D-size is a good approach. On the one hand you do not need too much time to create it, as it has a medium amount of content. On the other hand you can provide upgrades later. I have read somewhere that Unity will make upgrade fees possible, so you can offer upgrades to existing customers somehow for a little extra money. Cheers

47. im

im

1: E-G
    2: ABCDEFG

G is for more post apocalypse props

more is better

then again

or instead of a single huge pack why not have a bunch of little packs that add up to G like you have done so far

orchard800 likes this.
  48. nathantran

nathantran

I agree with im.

1: Bunch of little packs that add up to G (Gives impression of an active dev = more sales, also more choices for the consumer. Win, win.)
    2: ABCDEFG

49. GreenBoxInteractive

GreenBoxInteractive

Must say this looks wonderful!

50. andyz

andyz

Simple Apocalypse sounds great - big
    1: D-E
    2: A-F

But if have mecanim systems please make systems that work for run & gun gameplay in Unity5 & update that military pack for the same please.

Casper_Stougaard likes this.