Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. spelljv

spelljv

Hello... I bought "Simple Dungeons" and would like to know if there is a way to see both faces of the objects. I can see only one face of the walls, the other side is transparent. What can I do to solve this?

2. docsavage

docsavage

I'd imagine this is deliberate as being double sided would mean some of the scene would be obscured if they where double sided. This is normally not wanted in indoors scenes with top down/side on cameras. You would probably be able to use the asset in conjunction with another pack that would be the outside.

One option is if the wall prefabs are separate you could duplicate them facing the way you want.

There is also another option. This tool - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11625 Includes a 'Make double sided' function. Works amazing and very easy to use. It's also in the cut down component of the pack - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15503 but the other is a bargain as it contains a massive amount of other stuff. I've no affiliation but have liked that product for years and the dev seems like a top bloke..

Hope this helps a bit

3. spelljv

spelljv

do you know if I can do it with ShaderForge or ProCore Bundle?

And thanks a lot for your answer! =)

4. docsavage

docsavage

No problem:)

I've just done a quick check but can't see it in procore. May be there but if it is I'm missing it. Can't comment if shaderforge can do it as I know very little about shaders in general. There's probably a way but I doubt it will be as quick as the Mesh maker tool. That's literally just have the right obejct selected and click make double sided.

5. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Hey

Just updated to the latest Simple People and wondered what happened to the Idle Wave that appeared in 1.22?

It seems to have gone missing so it would be great if you could reinstate!

thanks

Nalin

6. Prophet1111

Prophet1111

Hi!

I've bought Simple Fantasy and I can't figure out how to use "idle" animations. I set speed to 0 and change animation_int but my characters do nothing. They move their bodies slightly different way but do nothing with hands for example (1 = crossed arms and they do nothing).

Some manual included to package would be great btw... Readme file is very short and doesn't say much.

7. gromerr

gromerr

Hello!
    Does Simple Apocalypse work fine with Unity 5.6.1?

8. Supergeek

Supergeek

Just want to say thank you for adding the Shieldmaiden to the Vikings pack!

Please go back and add a female or two to the the Knight and Adventure packs as well, please. I own them all, along with most of your other packs.

9. Griffo

Griffo

@syntystudios

Hi, is there anywhere I can see what the update contains as I don't want it to break my project, if for instance the animations have changed ..

Thanks.

10. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I really love the Polygon Samurai Pack, great job!! :D
    I only have a little issue regarding the path tiles, because i want to make a wider road, but the larger stones in the corners makes it look weird when it put them side by side. See below:

Could you pleas add a version of these road tiles without these "corner-stones"?
    Would be very much appreciated!! ;)

11. AndrewJamesBowen

AndrewJamesBowen

Hi,

I just purchased the Simple Military pack.

Is there a Synty Studio tutorial or recommended videos to watch in learning how to use the characters?

The-Burgunfaust likes this.
  12. johny256

johny256

Simple Military Add More Armor Clothes.
    -Legs
    -Torso
    -Feet
    -Leg
    -Hands
    And More

13. cstooch

cstooch

I've been making a game using these assets from Synty.. first off.. love them.

However, I have a problem with SimpleCharacter_5.0 animator controller in the Simple Apocalypse asset package. I've got it almost all running perfectly, except that if my character is moving, and I switch weapons from 0 (no weapon) to anything, the character will stay in No_Idle state on the Weapon animation layer until I stop moving. Once I stop moving, the character will switch weapons.

It works, as I'd expect, if switching between weapons though (vs. going from unarmed to a weapon). For example, if I am running and I change WeaponType_int from 1 (pistol) to 4 (shotgun), the animation nicely goes transitions to the shotgun pose right away. If I am running and change WeaponType_int from 0 (no weapon) to 4 (shotgun), nothing visual happens... until I stop moving, then the character will change to the shotgun.

Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I'm using the latest Unity.. am I using the correct Animator Controller?

As a hint at a fix, possibly, if I "kill" the No_Idle state on the Weapon animation layer by doing something like making the transition to this state impossible to get to (ex. Speed_f greater than 99999999), then things work well, but then the guy will look goofy when running without a weapon, because his arms won't move with the run animation, of course.

Edit: hmm looks like the other controller "SimpleCharacter" (no _5.0) works as expected. What's the diff between the two? I wonder if I can just use that one?

Edit2: Damn, I guess SimpleCharacter has no melee animations, whereas SimpleCharacter_5.0 does. So I'm back to figuring out how to fix my original prob, or get melee animations in SimpleCharacter anim controller (and possibly discover some other surprises with that one down the road?).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  14. KastroLee

KastroLee

Hello Everyone,

I have a lot of the simple assets and the goal is to start to use them in development. One question though, I know the team is not making more animations, at least from what I have read. Things like the animals have very minimal animations and I know we would all love more animations for the characters. What is everyone doing here to get more animations? Is there something else in the asset store that works? I would love to know what others are doing here.

Thanks,
    Justin

15. cstooch

cstooch

With humanoids, it's super easy to find animations elsewhere (Mixamo is a good source). Synty has been great at setting their characters up with a useable humanoid rig. Most animations for humanoids will work on any model properly rigged as a humanoid. So in short, again, humanoid Synty characters are going to be a walk in the park to find animations for.

Animals.. that might be a little trickier, as I assume there isn't a standard rig for non-bipedals. I am not sure if I have any Simple xxxxx packages that have animals in them, so I'm not sure how they're rigged and how they'd work with animations out there. You might have to do some work in converting the rig of the Synty animal to match what your animation needs though. It's probably best to use one source for all your animal animations too (meaning don't go download some fbx from one site, then some more from somewhere else). Again, I haven't worked with any non-bipedal models yet though, so it might be even easier than I think.

Start with looking on Mixamo for animations!

Edit: looks like Mixamo is just for humanoids.. i could be wrong though. There might be other free sources for animal animations, but again, the challenge would be having the rig match whatever the animation requires.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    KastroLee likes this.
  16. johny256

johny256

Please add canibal character.
    Add monster creature

17. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

Are you guys going to create any more simple asset packs or will future packs be the simple polygon assets?

Also I wanted to request that you update the simple car asset and fix the model rotation to match all your other assets. I import that asset quite a lot for prototyping in my projects and while I could fix the problem myself in my modeling program it would be great if it was already fixed before importing it. Maybe even freshening it up with a few more texture colors like black, yellow and green. I understand it is only a .99 cent asset but it was one of the first of many I purchased from you guys. Thanks! Keep on making quality assets!

18. Mcg

Mcg

hi regarding the simple space package , will there be any updates to add stages to all of the rockets?

19. Gege256

Gege256

Hi

Is there any plan for a greek&persian polygon pack ? Aztec/mayans polygon pack?
    and finally a mythology creatures polygon pack ?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work.

20. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

How come you don't have any women in your polygon packs? It's odd to make a village with just guys. I'd really like to see like an expansion pack of different characters to make a great RPG, but I need more variety including women!! Hell even kids why not. Dogs, Cats, Farm animals ect. They would go great with any of your assets.

usupator and Supergeek like this.
  21. K-16Games

K-16Games

So maybe I have a configuration issue, but FX_Fire (Simple Apocalypse) and FX_Smoke are not working straight out of the box. The particles aren't rendering. I noticed the material shader uses UI/Unlit/Text. I tried messing around with a Mobile/Particle/Additive and it works pretty good. Just curious if that was a bug?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  22. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I noticed that too, I think it's in the build. That's the only little thing I saw was messed up. The rest is great! I went ahead and bought the Polygon Knights, Polygon Adventure, and the Viking village and are making a game using all three in VR. When I save up some more money I'm going to buy the pirate one that just came out. There is another publisher that made a similar package called

PolyWorld: Ancient East Low Poly Toolkit

It's not terrible, almost the same style as this developer, however, thier focus is on their low mesh generator, which is great.

Honestly, I would LOVE it greatly if this developer made a push towards character development in their assets, or better yet, a character PACK that can mix and matches character styles in dozens of UNIQUE combinations. AND MAKE MORE FEMALES!!! That's my biggest grip, I have an entire town that I walk around in VR and there is nothing but men, makes it hard to sell a VR environment with no women around.

23. witchscroll

witchscroll

hello sy
    wish your polygon japan/adventure/city pack have interior addon in future!
    wish a polygon monster pack coming soon! you have the human characters,but do not have monsters to fight.
    hope it have polygon skeleton with armors, ghost, vampire, corpse eater, werewolf, undead zombie warriors.....
    from the pictures about your asset, i see some of characters wear sword on back, but the sword's positon seems wrong, because i imagine when i try to draw the sword, my right hand move to left shoulder in order to touch the sword? no, it should be right shoulder......

good luck.

24. pixelone

pixelone

25. Divyansh_K

Divyansh_K

hi , I am a total noob when it comes to skinned mesh renderers and stuff, I am using your simple military and simple people asset pack in a single game. how can i have the player's skin to be switchable to other skins in your pack (remember i have two of them). (also please forgive my English).

26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Here is a short video of our last game we made with the Apocalypse Pack:

Now we are starting one with the new Polygon series ;)

alexr1221 and schmosef like this.
  27. lvulcanis

lvulcanis

I'm trying to use the Simple Military animations but with no luck. I read the text file and I know I should handle body horizontal and vertical params manually but the animation is not working as I expect. Can somebody help me with this? Where can I find a simple script with this basic animation (idle/walk/running with a gun)? Thank you all!

28. Supergeek

Supergeek

Importing "Fantasy Dungeons" into a blank project and I'm getting these errors:

ImportFBX Warnings:
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Src/AssetPipeline/FBXImporter.cpp Line: 550)

For all of these meshes:

29. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Hi there,
    I'm possible doing something daft, however I've noticed that in the Simple Town pack - the road prefabs do not sit at 0 on the Y axis. Instead, to match them up with buildings and other props I have to set them at Y:6.241724.
    All the other assets sat handily at 0, so I'm confused by the road prefabs in this regard.

30. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi All,

I recently interviewed Mike from Synty Studios! It was amazing to find out so much about their background and other work they have done before.

Hope you guys n gals like it

31. jackishere

jackishere

Hey I noticed the simple military gas soldier have a bit of error in the weight painting. Should be super easy fix!.

Attached Files:

32. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

33. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

I have not tried the Simple characters yet but the Polygon ones would work, I played a bit in my review of the Polygon Pirates pack. I will try the Simple ones to have a look also.

Talking about Polygon Pirates pack, I am giving away a free copy in my "After Christmas Present Bonanza!" (still working on a name for it)

Polygon Pirates Pack by SyntyStudios

http://bit.ly/unitypirates

34. mroyusa

mroyusa

I own basically 95% of all synty simple assets, i have a game started with quests, dialogue i mean all kinds of crazy difficult stuff for a newb. For the life of me i cant get any synty characters to move around or jump or do animations, what is the minimum components needed. Dump prefab on scene and then what? I feel like an idiot i cant get a character to work if i ad standard assets third person camera it works perfect add a synty character and nothing happens.

also i own most of all the assets do i have to use the controller that came with each pack for each character or can i use one for all and which one is best

35. eldimarzioxp

eldimarzioxp

Hello, you have thought about putting discounts on Simple Apocalypse - Cartoon Assets?

36. neilknight78

neilknight78

Have you changed the prefab to Humanoid?

37. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

Good morning, team!

I put together a couple of short scripts that you can apply to the treads and wheels of the tanks to get them rolling (and obviously you can change these up as needed).

For the wheels, I used a simple autorotate:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class Autorotate : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public float speed = 60f;
    public Vector3 rotateAroundAxis;

void Update()
    {

transform.Rotate(rotateAroundAxis, speed * Time.deltaTime);

}

}

For the treads, I just animated the texture, but it looks great:

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

public class animateTankTread : MonoBehaviour
    {
    public float scrollSpeed = -0.5F;
    public Renderer rend;
    void Start()
    {
    rend = GetComponent<Renderer>();
    }
    void Update()
    {
    float offset = Time.time * scrollSpeed;
    rend.material.SetTextureOffset("_MainTex", new Vector2(0,offset));
    }
    }

38. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hey everyone, We have been pretty slack with this forum thread as of late, as a reminder please contact us via our email (on our publisher page) if you require assistance. The community here is awesome though and generally can answer some questions even better than we can :p. I'll try answer any obvious questions over the next few days!

39. hernanbrega

hernanbrega

With the success of the spanish tv show Money Heist (original title: La casa del dinero) i am asking you if will it be possible to your team to add a Salvador Dali Mask to Polygon Heist

Thanks!

40. Supergeek

Supergeek

Is the Polygon Horse set usable with other Polygon sets *without* the Polygon Western set?

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

la casa de papel.

42. Supergeek

Supergeek

What's a good character controller script that works with Polygon characters?

43. gv

gv

With all your vehicles... The Z axis is pointing the wrong way... How is everyone getting around this so their cars do not drive backwards? I cannot see a way of fixing this...

44. Griffo

Griffo

Either make the vehicle child of an empty Transform and use that to drive the vehicle, or as I did take them into Cheetah 3D (Mac) and correct the axis ..

45. thebandolerotuber

thebandolerotuber

hi, I'm pretty new to unity. I just bought the pack and I wonder how can i snap for example a road from the pack to the plane i'm using as a floor in my scene? i tried to use ProGrids, but it snaps so that i can see the plane emerging on top of the road (only on top of the road, not the sidewalk). is there a way to snap it the properly without having to guess the position? thx!!!

46. Griffo

Griffo

Ctrl & V the drag the vertices together.

thebandolerotuber likes this.
  47. imgumby

imgumby

48. thebandolerotuber

thebandolerotuber

yeah, i tried that too, but happens the same thing, the sidewalk is over the plane object, but the road, which is at a lower level than the sidewalk, doesn't get fully over the plane object. you can see the plane glitching over the road.

49. paulojsam

paulojsam

50. halley

halley

Since Synty never seems to provide answers on the forum, and only asks people to email them for support, can anyone else tell me what the secret sauce is, to use the simpler AnimaTION component instead of the mechanim animation controller and AnimaTOR component stuff? I want to throw together some super-simple scripts or Playmaker FSMs and the mechanim overhead just gets in the way. But for the life of me I cannot get even one simple Idle animation playing on any of the Simple People.