Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Banana13

Banana13

When can I expect the melee and bow animations on the fantasy pack?
    Also could you maybe send them to me when they are ready im kinda in a hurry XD

2. dhamil

dhamil

You sure? I setup a new project again and re-imported the assets. See screenshot.

Attached Files:

3. Banana13

Banana13

Mhhhh not sure what you did wrong. But Im working on a game with Simple characters and they all worked fine after I updated from unity 5.4 to 5.5

4. samurai926

samurai926

Hi there, I have the SImple People pack (which I am loving). However I just upgraded from Unity 5.4 to 5.5.0f3 and the character animations no longer play. Any advice? Thanks

edit:
    In case it is helpful I noticed this in the inspector of the Animator while running the demo scene:
    ScreenShot079.jpg

edit2:
    I see now I have the same conditions dhamil is reporting above: ScreenShot080.jpg

edit3:
    Resolved! This behavior is fixed in latest release of Simple People v1.31 (12/04/16). Thanks you guys!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  5. syntystudios

syntystudios

Soon, the team are working hard on it plus you need to add in approval time

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

Yeah we picked up on it and managed to fix the issue :)

samurai926 likes this.
  7. papathor

papathor

Hi Synty Studios,

I'm looking at the text file in the root folder, but I'm still not clear on how to play different animations for the Simple Military characters. I assume the first step is to set the weapon type with anim.SetInteger("WeaponType_int", 1); Is that correct? How do you actually play an animation?

For the pistol animations you have:
    Pistol Idle = 0,0
    Pistol Walk = 0,0
    Pistol Run = 0,0.2

What does this mean?

Some example code on playing animations would be really helpful.

Thanks!

P.S. Are you guys going to make a simple scifi pack? That would be an instant buy for me.

8. Supergeek

Supergeek

I hear that. Me too.

9. MalachiteBR

MalachiteBR

I received news about fantasy interiors and I have a suggestion, you guys should make an interior for each race. Because that 'generic' interior is most suitable for humans.

10. papathor

papathor

Synty,

Could you please let me know how to play the idle animation at least? I can trigger upper body animations with an.SetBool("Shoot_b", true), but I haven't figured out how to play something other than the run animation for the legs. Please help.

Thanks!

11. VinylPixels

VinylPixels

12. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi,

The speed_f parameter controls the Idle/Walk/Run animations. Each weapon animation will require a new Body_Horivontal_f and Body_Vertical_f value for Idle, Walk and Run.

There has been talk on a Sci-Fi pack but no ETA though :)

Cheers

13. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi, it has been tested and it does work, the updated rig is fully mechanim compatible. Cheers.

Arkade likes this.
  14. Vancete

Vancete

Any Simple Space pic? How big will be that package? I'm really interested on it.

15. a548922

a548922

I would also like to see some screenshots of the Simple Space if you wouldn't mind showing us. Also, Will their be alien creatures to go with this asset pack? Look forward to seeing it soon!

16. shopguy

shopguy

@syntystudios just in case you haven't already noticed/fixed it, the UV map is a little off for the hot dog stand in simple shop interiors... at least it was for me, maybe I did something wrong.

No big deal for me, just opened it in Blender and adjusted it. Just the "Hot Dog" text part on the side of the cart, it read "ho do" (kind of cute?) before I fixed it :)

17. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, not yet we are in the early stages we will post something in the new year.

Arkade likes this.
  18. UndercoverDesigns

UndercoverDesigns

Any chance of a Dragon? Or is there already one in a package that I can't find?

19. madiaz

madiaz

Hi, i am very interested in Simply People/Citizens packages but i have a quick question: could i change faces, skin color and clothes, separatly by my owns (customize)? Thanks!

20. Supergeek

Supergeek

@madiaz Aside from modifying the textures and materials, I don't think so. I would love a character builder that uses the Synty style and assets. Something designed from the ground up to be dynamic, procedural, and flexible.

pixelsteam likes this.
  21. madiaz

madiaz

It would be great :)! Then each one can change textures/materials to head (face...) and body separatly? For example: character girl, only change face expression and keep original textures-materials in the rest. Is it possible? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    pixelsteam likes this.
  22. IGameArt

IGameArt

Let's pretend I'm a complete Unity noob and I just purchased one of your packs that includes a bunch of character and animations. Using a script, how do I change what state the animator is in? Any time I drop a character into my level from the character prefabs folder they just constantly loop the singled handed melee attack animation, even when I try to change the animation state with the following code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class fadeAnim : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     // Use this for initialization
    4.     Animator a_comp;
    5.     public string anim = "idle";
    7.     void Start () {
    8.         int animHash = Animator.StringToHash(anim);
    9.         a_comp = GetComponent<Animator>();
    10.         a_comp.SetTrigger (animHash);
    11.     }
    12. }
    Am I doing something wrong? I've been playing with unity off and on for a while but I'm really starting to learn things and animation is one of those things i've still to master. Thanks for any pointers guys!

EDIT: I figure I should be more clear. When I drag prefabs into my scene, and also when i run the characters demo scene in the fantasy set, all characters loop the attack animation, also the animals included are HUGE. Easily ten times larger than they need to be. But that's not my problem. Characters should just Idle when dropped into a scene correct?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  23. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Hey, did you fix this? Because it keeps happening.

Thank you, and happy new year!

24. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Simple Fantasy - Cartoon Assets

It looks fantastic but idk I'm having some issues.

My main issue is I am trying to set it up Minecraft style for the characters (FPS cam) but the animations are not playing well with the camera, the head clips through the camera (which would be fine if it was multiple body parts but it's all one mesh). I adjusted the camera's clipping to fix that (kinda) but then if you add a weapon you miss part of the weapon. Then the animations for holding a weapon are messed up because of that whole weird 0,3/0,6 thing.

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(animSpeed > 0.6) // In animationSpeed is greater than walking (Is Running instead of Idle/Walk)
    2. {
    3.   GetComponent<Animator>().SetFloat("Body_Vertical_f", 0.3f);
    4.   GetComponent<Animator>().SetFloat("Body_Horizontal_f", 0f);
    5. } else // Otherwise revert back to walk/idle settings for testing purposes.
    6. {
    7.   GetComponent<Animator>().SetFloat("Body_Vertical_f", 0f);
    8.   GetComponent<Animator>().SetFloat("Body_Horizontal_f", 0.6f);
    9. }
    I did that which uses the values it recommends for a sword. Ideally I'd like to attach the camera to the head but if I do that then it rotates downwards when I start to run, and god forbid I use it with a weapon (the body floats mess it up by making the character run diagonally and looking somewhat lopsided).

Has anybody successfully got this working nice yet? Working with an FPS camera that is with weapons/tools held.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  25. Adam-Sowinski

Adam-Sowinski

I'm working with Simple Apocalypse asset. I can see that human characters have lots of animation to choose from. Zombies however seem to only have 3 animations? I have also some problems with Zombie walk - it seems that even with Apply Root Motion ticked they don't move - it is just the animation playing...

Seems that there are some missing bones on the Zombie model?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  26. ponasoft

ponasoft

i plan to make turn based game. i am thinking to use simple military asset. is there any ui asset that can be used with these assets? i dont want my menu and battle screen to be completely different and weird.

27. freedom667

freedom667

please make melee attack animation for zombies

28. Supergeek

Supergeek

Could you post a video of the new Polygon Adventure pack in action?

29. anihilnine

anihilnine

Hi, just bought Racer and the demo doesn't work.

The referenced script on this Behavior (Game Object 'Main Camera') is missing!

There are no .cs files at all in the package.

Please help

30. Liam_B

Liam_B

"Doesn't work"? Couldn't you just delete the existing camera and throw another one in? I don't own that pack but I doubt they've incorporated any custom camera scripts. Its usually just models and animations.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=category:122

31. syntystudios

syntystudios

Unfortunately we do not have a dragon in any of our packs at this point in time

32. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Zombies is still using the old, out dated rig. We are updating the rigs for all our characters as fast as we can, But it is a slow process.

xtomyserrax likes this.
  33. syntystudios

syntystudios

We wont be producing a video, But we will try get an interactive sketchfab done in the coming weeks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  34. syntystudios

syntystudios

You could try Simple Icons, Otherwise you could render the assets with flat lighting as a UI cheat.

35. syntystudios

syntystudios

We will need to look into this further. We have been updating the rigs on all our characters, This may have caused some issues. Simple Zombies stand alone is still using the old rig though (Apoco is updated)

36. samshosho

samshosho

Hi,

I wanted to ask about your Simple Military pack, do you have things atlased for mobile use?

37. Vancete

Vancete

I bought the POLYGON pack, what's new in the 1.01 update? Are you planning to include new models in that pack?

38. JCross_99

JCross_99

How do I get weapons in the Fantasy pack to look good in the animations? I've tried putting a sword on the Hand_Right_int but it spins around weird. I've tried rotating the weapon at angle and even different animations.

39. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

I'm getting these issues as well. As well as when I put a melee weapon and when the guy is idling, he is swing his weapon but totally wrong

This is the animation for idle, and an axe in his right hand.

40. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Could you list the animations for the simple apocalypse pack as it $120 and i would like to know what I get

41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Thanks for pointing this out, the melee animations are a new addition, We will need to look at this, The hands might need the motion updated on our end.

42. syntystudios

syntystudios

We have submitted our next pack POLYGON - Knights. Adventure will be updated only with fixes if needed and a snow covered bridge :)

43. OculusVision14

OculusVision14

Hello!

I am using the Simple Fantasy pack and as soon as I place a character prefab in the world, the Melee one handed animation starts playing.

I have set up the default animation to be Idle and using scripts i control the animation, but still, when i hit play, the Melee one handed animation still plays once.

What can I do to fix this?

44. roka

roka

Hello,

Can you update the Simple Celebrations with the new rig?

Thank you

45. Salsi

Salsi

Hello,

I'm working with Simple Apocalypse asset and I can't add new animation to HUMAN animator because of it works only in read mode.

How i can add new animation? Can someone help me?

Thank you.

46. jdiperla

jdiperla

Any chance of getting these asset packs redone with baked lightmaps? No matter what I do I just can't get the look right.

47. Supergeek

Supergeek

Would love to see some Polygon People with interchangeable outfits. Modern and Fantasy style.

48. Supergeek

Supergeek

Are there any packs with stairs that are compatible with Simple House Interiors? I'd like to make some multi-level interiors.

49. K-16Games

K-16Games

I second the motion that Supergeek posted. We need some stairs. All kinds.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  50. rickcollette

rickcollette

Did this ever get answered? I would love to know as well....