Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntystudios

syntystudios

Not atm, but we have done this for Unreal. We do have plans to update Unity Town but it’s on a long list of work.

2. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hmm thanks for letting us know we have released an update to fix this.

3. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, we are currently doing an overhaul of the character rigs, the animations on the older rig can be transferred with the newer rig (Simple People and Apocalypse are currently done)

4. Krunkworx

Krunkworx

Loving everything from syntystudios. Just wondering if there are any scripts for character movement that anyone has made. Still fairly new to unity's new mecanim and wanted to move the simple characters using a thirdperson view. Any ideas?

GregMeach likes this.
  5. K-16Games

K-16Games

With the updated rigs, will any new animation be added? i.e. some one and two handed swing animations for those awesome apocalypse weapons you guys made? Also anxiously waiting for some updated zombies. They just don't look right with some of the other mocap zombie animations out there. I am scared to break it, but if I add the run animations from the people packs will that just control the legs or are they tied to the arms as well?

Also, I saw you removed the weapons prefab and kept it separate in the folders, if I add it programmatically it looks like the rotation is off so weapons are showing gangsta side-arm style unless i update the x-rotation. If you keep publishing, i will keep buying. Keep it up!

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

Thanks for the comment. We have not heard of anyone doing this so we can't help on this occasion, hopefully someone else on the forum might?

7. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, unfortunately no new animations will be added at this point in time. Zombies are on the list to update, no ETA as of yet.

Yes you will have to rotate weapons.

Cheers

8. David_The_Boss

David_The_Boss

Hi,
    @syntystudios I wanted to know the ETA for separate the gun on top of tank and if you can separate minigun on mg_stand, so I could rotate it on the stand.

9. Allen0012

Allen0012

Any chance of getting a winter themed pack anytime soon?
    It would be lovely to get a second set of UV/Textures for existing packs with the snow as well.

10. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, this is difficult for us to do because of the way we create the assets. You could try adding a bright light in the scene to mimic a snowy look0or create a custom shader with projected snow.

Allen0012 likes this.
  11. GregMeach

GregMeach

So I could barely spell annie-mayshun-controller but after watching THIS (long) video and HUGE thanks to @Adam-Buckner I learned a lot and was able to edit/patch the SimplePeopleAvatar / model and basically drop in the Unity Standard Assets (Ethan) 3rd person controller and scripts, pressed play and my SimpleSherif is walking around just like Ethan.
    g/l

12. shopguy

shopguy

Is it just me or are all/most of the models in "Simple Military" facing backwards? That is, when I use transform.LookAt() the model faces in the opposite direction as one would expect. Same with transform.forward. It gets annoying having to remember to reverse all calculations, and adding extra game objects to turn everything 180 degrees on Y axis is also not ideal (I have been doing that, but just noticed it's extra annoying on multi-part models like tanks, when you want to use LookAt on all 3 parts and have it work as expected).

Probably asked and answered already but I have no idea how to search a single forum thread and searching all threads was overwhelming.

p.s.-I love the assets, don't get me wrong, I've purchased several of them (although I've yet to finish any of my games using them).

GregMeach likes this.
  13. kingjavo

kingjavo

Is there any way to edit the animations? I'd like to modify how the cheerleaders animate for the Simple Citizens pack.

14. Arkade

Arkade

Anyone (inc. author) know if there's a "pointing" animation in Simple People (or siblings)?
    I have People and Military but can't find one. I know there are so many with so many animation transitions (which are all very cool btw) that I may have missed it.
    Thanks!

15. Allen0012

Allen0012

I don't think there's any pointing animation, but it's simple to do yourself with a little bit knowledge of Unity's animation controllers.

You can open the animations.fbx in some animation software and add one keyframe at the end and rotate all the bones to look like pointing, give that one keyframe a name in Unity's import settings, then play that animation in override mode on spine or chest bone.

Perfect example for that is weaponType_int that exists in the controller parameters.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Arkade likes this.
  16. Allen0012

Allen0012

Anyone here have had any success with the new rig and Mixamo? Whatever I do ends up mushing all the bones together.
    I can play animations and it looks good inside Mixamo web app, but after exporting, it's all messed up in Unity.

17. Arkade

Arkade

Thanks for the response and tips. I'd been worried this wouldn't be possible after reading some things above saying only Maya will edit the models and/or animations correctly. I'm sufficiently competent in Blender to make a pointing animation for my own models but got the impression editing these would be impossible due to my tool. Corrections welcome & Thx again!

18. shopguy

shopguy

Has anyone successfully made the helicopter (Simple Military) rotor spin quickly? Just wondering if anyone wants to provide tips before I go through the tedious process of doing from scratch. My thought is I'll have to create some texture(s) in Photoshop, something like this person did for wheels...

upload_2016-11-1_20-46-10.png

19. shopguy

shopguy

I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought (see my prior post above). I still need to work on it (getting late tonight) but only took about 15 minutes to get pretty close. In case anyone is wondering, here were my steps:

1. Grab a screenshot of the heli rotor from Unity, top down, I turned off the grid in scene view to make easier to "cut out" in Photoshop.

2. Open in Photoshop and magic wand out the background and the center part of rotor, so I just had rotor blades.

3. Filter -> Blur -> Radial Blur (value 20 looked good to me)

4. Saved PSD file to my assets folder (should look somewhat like a spinning rotor after applying blur effect)

5. Added a native 3D quad and dropped my texture on it, scaled it and rotated, and set to 0 position over main_rotor

6. Opened the heli FBX model in Blender

7. Deleted the "blades" part of the main rotor mesh and saved my blend file in Assets folder

8. Grabbed my main_rotor mesh with the deleted blades and dropped it on the heli in my scene... positioned as needed to match existing main rotor

...tomorrow I'll just need to update my spinning rotor script to fade between the normal rotor and my rotor without blades + quad versions when the rotor reaches some set speed.

Probably still a few hours of work to get it looking nice, but devil is always in the details.

Might be better off putting the texture I made on the actual blades/model instead of native quad, if you need it to look correct from all angles (since a quad is flat, probably looks weird in some cases).. I'm making a game with a fixed birds-eye angle, which looks fine to me.

20. shopguy

shopguy

upload_2016-11-1_22-12-49.png
    Forgot the picture, and too hard to upload a photo (copy/paste didn't work) when editing a post.

21. remixgamestudios

remixgamestudios

Does anyone know if this package has a going prone animation?

22. roka

roka

Hello,

Just wanted to know if you will do the same for the SimpleMilitary_Characters ?
    In your SimpleApocalypse pack the main SA_Character is perfectly done and save some draw call because only one mesh is draw instead of two mesh for the SimpleMilitary_Characters.

Also, the SA_Character have a Shoulder and then, i can use animations from other model without any issue. The SimpleMilitary_Characters do not have the Shoulder and then the animations from an other model is broken.

I think that all your characters model should be the same in term of bone and functionality, like that it can be easy for us to mix the characters.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  23. Cynikal

Cynikal

I have the same issue after the latest update. Before, I had no issue.. Now i can not get it.

24. inthemilkywat

inthemilkywat

When does the fantasy pack come out?

25. syntystudios

syntystudios

We have just updated -
    Updates - Simple Town - Version 12
    - Added Z+ facing vehicles - Added a double crossing
    - Fixed motorway ramp prefab

UPDATES - Simple Citizens 1.2
    - Updated the character rigs so they fully support mocap and ragdoll

UPDATES - Simple Military 1.2
    - Updated the character rigs so they fully support mocap and ragdoll
    - Added Z+ facing vehicles
    - Fixed vehicle weapon pivots
    - Fixed FPS hands to work with new rig

UPDATES - Simple Zombie 1.1
    - Updated to the new rig to support Mocap data and ragdoll
    - Reduced each character to one drawcall

inthemilkywat - We are still waiting on the review, expect it very very very soon.

26. KarlGG

KarlGG

I love the things you guys are doing, and look forward to seeing what you do next. Is there any chance you might update the GoogleDoc? It still says you're working on Apocalypse, and some that have come out since (Racing, Interiors) are still on "Future".

27. MalachiteBR

MalachiteBR

Do you guys have any plans on updating shop interiors with some restaurant furnitures ?

28. syntystudios

syntystudios

Thanks!

Our hands have been tied up updating the current packs and creating Simple Fantasy and Simple Dungeons. We also have a few other things going on. I hope to create a new doc for 2017 that we will update on a regular basis. Until then keep an eye on our FB posts as we put everthing on there - Ness, Community Manager - Synty Studios

29. syntystudios

syntystudios

Not at this point in time but I will put the idea across to the team for a possible future pack. Cheers!

30. syntystudios

syntystudios

That's up to Unity we are waiting for it to be published.

31. Gege256

Gege256

Hi Synty studios,

Congrats for your great work.
    I didn t dig too much but about simple apocalypse and SA_interiors for instance,
    could you please list us the few steps to follow if we want rendering to appear as seen in the trailers ?
    Because out of the box the visual result is not as good as it is in trailer :)

Thanks in advance,
    Keep up the good work , funny to see how other artists try to jump in the low poly cartoon train :)

32. David_The_Boss

David_The_Boss

Hi,
    @syntysudios, if my friend bought Simple Town and I bought Simple Military, as a team can we distribute the assets to each other and use them commercially in our games?

33. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Not legally. Unless you are in the same physical location (like in thena same office / company ). You would each need purchase your own copy.

34. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

Ok Simple Fantasy looks fantasic. Great work, is on my must buy list.

35. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Wow. Fantasy is pretty impressive! Nice work. Would love to see a video of the animals in action.

36. a548922

a548922

Everything is always fantastic! I always look forwards to new releases from you!

On the road map, I noticed a railroad version of a kit. Any new updates on that? I noticed that a lot of the roadmap items are already out and that one was still not in the asset store.

Also, if it's possible for a request in the existing assets, can you consider including a UAV drone in the airport or military one? It would be extremely helpful for my project, maybe for others as well. Also, the helicopter in the apocalypse kit, could you maybe include it in the military asset kit as well?

Thank you!

37. roka

roka

Hello,

I have found some problems on the new Rig in the Simple Military 1.2.
    Some parts of the model is linked to the body instead of the head (head_jnt). As result, if we rotate the body, as exemple the glasses or punk mesh rotate also.

Screen error preview :

http://imgur.com/a/6uJZb

Screen error details :

http://imgur.com/a/Q79cv

I'm able to fixe the problem myself, but i have already setup my ragdoll and character by using the new rig and if i try to use the mesh on my modified version of the model, the mesh is F***ed up.

I don't know if you are able to fixe this problem and maybe share the fixed version by email as exemple.

**edit : It seem that i have fixed the issue by changing the head bone in the avatar for "Neck_jnt" instead of "Head_jnt". But the issue on the MS_Terrorist_04 (Cape) is still present : http://imgur.com/OMXYARu

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  38. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

I just bought your fantasy package, however it did not come with with the effects of post production as in its screenshot, I felt a little frustrated, could you please explain how i can I leave it exactly the same as the Your video and screen shots. My version of unity license is pro. Thankyou!

39. syntystudios

syntystudios

Cheers!

40. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi, we have updated the road map, we have future plans to create a rail pack but cannot give an eta at this point in time.

A UAV drone might be something we could add in the future but right now our hands are tie. Thanks for the suggestion.

41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello,

Thanks for your comment and pointing out these issues, we have updated them which has fixed the issues raised.

42. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi, take a look at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51515 Unity have released a bunch of post effects that will help add that extra touch to the look of your game.

43. roka

roka

Thank you for the head fixe but one bug is still present : http://imgur.com/OMXYARu (left leg when you look from behind)

44. inthemilkywat

inthemilkywat

I just bought the fantasy pack and it seems like the combat animations are the ones from simple apocalypse. Shooting, throwing grenade, etc. which don't make sense in a fantasy game.

gterveen likes this.
  45. johny256

johny256

Simple Fantasy - Cartoon Assets Massive pack??? no animation?? spell animation?? mele animation?? 151e? :D

46. syntystudios

syntystudios

We have added this to the bug list for the next update. Thank you for letting us know

47. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, we have moved away from producing animations for our assets but we have redesigned the rig to work with motion capture available on the Unity Asset Store.

48. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, we have moved away from producing animations for our assets, but we have redesigned the rig to work with motion capture available on the Unity Asset Store which enables our customers to create their own :)

49. dhamil

dhamil

Are the animations for Simple People broken in Unity 5.5?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  50. Banana13

Banana13

No I tried it. Still works