Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. arkon

arkon

Just a quick warning for others. The assets are good for prototyping but a draw call hog when trying to use them in a game. Some of them do use an atlas but when you start mixing packs the draw calls go through the roof. ideally they would all share the same atlas. I'm currently atlasing them altogether and it's taking ages.

2. syntystudios

syntystudios

Like our other interior assets they will need a LOADING screen or a fake cut as we can't match existing buildings.

3. syntystudios

syntystudios

While this is true we can't do anything about it as each pack needs texture space and we are always adding new packs. If you mixed any other asset on the store, the results would be the same.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. arkon

arkon

I know. I'm just saying it would have been better if each pack used the same pallete, nearly all polygons are flat one colour. to give you an idea I shrank the buildings textures from your 512 x 512 to 128 x 128 and had no loss of quality. but even 128 x128 is too big for these flat coloured assets.

i'm just suggesting you think about a pro pack or something where they all share one atlas. I know it's possible because that's what I'm currently doing to your assets now. I'm using Atlas Magick to combine them all into one texture atlas. (Taking days though, which is why I am suggesting you make future purchasers life easier by doing this at your end.)

5. zugsoft

zugsoft

Hello,

I am trying to change the animation in your SimpleMilitary under Unity 5, but I don't understand how.
    My character always run with character_handgun_idle.

Can you help me please ?

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

In the root folder there is a txt file, check that out and if you have any additional questions just ask :)

7. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

May i ask you something? Is Simple Zombies asset compatible with Unity 5? If not, please update it! https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/27935

Also: For Simple Icons:
    - Could you make an animation in which the objects are moving on their own place? (For pick up items)
    - Could you add pick up items (or create an small asset for that)?
    With pick up items i mean things like boxes which gives you health or strenght or speed, etc.
    Something like this but nicer (i know you can make it look really perfect):
    (Ignore the coins, diamond, potion. Just the boxes or something related)

Thanks for answering!​

8. Hangar11Studios_David

Hangar11Studios_David

Hi,
    Syntystuodios
    Can you update the asset simple military and add a rpg rocket and gun bullet in it, cause I want to fire with the weapons and separate the gun on the top of the tank and apc?

9. syntystudios

syntystudios

xtomyserrax likes this.
  10. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Thanks a lot! And try checking the suggestion of Simple Icons!!

11. StarGamess

StarGamess

Are you guys planning on making a Monster Pack? With Golems, wolfs, spiders stuff like that.

12. Hangar11Studios_David

Hangar11Studios_David

Hi,
    Syntystuodios
    Can you update the asset simple military and add a rpg rocket and gun bullet in it, cause I want to fire with the weapons and separate the gun on the top of the tank and apc and helicopter?

How can i rotate the effects 90 on z?
    Because whatever I do they remain the same?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  13. albertoxamin

albertoxamin

Hi Syntystuodios,
    Could you upload a free sample character on the unity asset store?
    before buying I would like to see if your characters suit in my game.

Thanks

14. Midnight_Games

Midnight_Games

15. paulojsam

paulojsam

16. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

17. Midnight_Games

Midnight_Games

Thanks! The player animation and some of the zombie animation ( maybe one or two.. or none) i got from the asset store. I am a programmer first and then an animator.

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I really like your game. Might be able to tell me which animations exactly and did you need to modify the characters for animation? I cant find the right animations for them. Always strange setup and problems.

19. Midnight_Games

Midnight_Games

Here you go :https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=publisher:5491
    And yes, i did have to re-Rig the characters i was going to animate them myself until i saw Kubold's assets. AND Simple characters do not do well with retargeting animation so you will have to re-Rig the characters! But it is worth it, cause simple characters has awesome aesthetic!

20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ah ok I have the animations but could not get them run correctly. How to re-rig? I need maya for that, right? Ive send you PM no need to spam that thread with my questions :D

21. Bones.303

Bones.303

Please share how you go about re-Rigging the simple models.

22. paulojsam

paulojsam

regarding the new apocalipse interiors, its possible to make the simple town buildings without door and hollow soo that both can be used without the need of transitions

23. Hangar11Studios_David

Hangar11Studios_David

Hi syntystudios
    Can you add a RPG rocket?
    And can you separate the guns on top of the tanks, please?

Can you explain me how to animate the guns couse i dont got what the .txt is trying to mean.

24. imgumby

imgumby

I asked similar question on previous page and was answered in post #1152

25. paulojsam

paulojsam

Thank you. They dont match then ... hmmm dilema dilema ...

26. nuonical

nuonical

Hi syntystudios,

Would you mind separating the sails / mast pieces on your Simple Port asset? As of now I can't animate the sail as it is built into the mesh.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  27. imgumby

imgumby

I think their suggestion of a cut scene would be easy enough with a trigger at door opening and a quick fade into the new interior scene.

28. diealp

diealp

The cars models in the new Simple Racer package have wheels separated from the body?

29. Serepa

Serepa

Hey @syntystudios ! Maybe you'll include some support and fixes in your roadmap, not only making new assets? I understand that it's more profitable to make new assets than fix old ones, but also I thought it's the main idea of the asset store - to buy READY for use models if you're not artist, for example. Not to buy assets and then become an artist just to be able to fix what you've just bought. I'm just curious - does the models in Simple Apocalypse have the same F***ed up rig that other packages have?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  30. Supergeek

Supergeek

Yes, please fix the bugs.

31. syntystudios

syntystudios

What are the issues with the rig? We have tested them with mo-cap data and everything works well. we do realize there is a twist in the hip joint that makes rag doll a few extra steps but would love more info on how the rigs don't work so we can attempt to fix them if possible.

32. Intrawebs

Intrawebs

Same, just saw this in the Asset Store and my mind is blown, but, no video of animations can be found. I was wondering, are all the characters set with mecanim animations and what animations specifically?

33. Mr-Zhou

Mr-Zhou

Hi! I had bought Simple Apocalypse - Cartoon Assets in assetStore, I want to use Gun effect which your use in the video,But I can't find the prefab of this effect in FX, could you please tell me where is the effect of Gun shoot.Thanks!

34. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

i guess the gun effect is post production in after effects or something similar?!?

35. Tano

Tano

36. Intrawebs

Intrawebs

Ya, was wondering that myself. Lots of creative opportunity with these packs but at some point they stand out too much.

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

who is Dean?

38. Mr-Zhou

Mr-Zhou

:(

39. Tano

Tano

With the Military Pack, can i run and Shoot with the assault rifle at the same time? I can't find anything about.. Thanks a lot!

40. Jaans

Jaans

Are the roads in Simple Racer assets separate meshes so I could easily check if the player is on or off the track in my game? Or are the roads just textures on plane primitives?

41. Intrawebs

Intrawebs

42. Novez

Novez

I try to import the animations into Maya 2016, but all the animations are all wonky.

Typically it's just the left arm going all over the place, is there any way to fix this?

43. Gege256

Gege256

Hi guys,
    I was happy to see apocalypse warfare but do you have plan for a military expansion ?
    Some ideas in no particular order :
    Crawl , animations for cover system, drone, AC130 gunship, jet cockpit,
    little bird chopper,more insurgents , russian soldiers, make the attack helo machine gun mesh separate ...
    P.s.: yes i saw the public roadmap but it s short term

Keep up the good work !!!

44. digiross

digiross

I'm really digging your assets, I've got a game in mind and these will work perfectly. I know that you have a lot of other packs in store, but for my game I was curious as a new unity developer and modeler how I could create any of the missing pieces that ya'll haven't done yet. Is it like the Qubicle voxel program?

Also, is it possible to have custom characters. Such as pickup a shirt and change, etc. If not I would like to request maybe naked characters with clothing pack so I can customize my characters, faces, hairs, possible?

Lastly, what is the best recommendation for object placement with the simple assets in scene?

Thoughts and suggestions, to help me better understand what this won't do yet.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  45. syntystudios

syntystudios

Mr Zhou, sorry for the delayed reply it can be found here -
    SimpleApocalypse\_FX\SA_FX_GunFlash.fbx

46. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, all the roads are modular section prefabs that were modeled. Cheers.

47. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What is next in the pipeline @synthstudios? When can we expect

1. Simple Industrial
      14 vote(s)
      28.6%
    2. *
      Simple Suburbs
      15 vote(s)
      30.6%

48. Ken-Howe

Ken-Howe

Hi,

I bought the Simple Town asset a few weeks back and its a fantastic asset so thank you!

I’m using a number of the prefabs in my game, however I need to build a solid wall around certain zones and the Road_Divider is perfect, however I really need to join up the walls in various places.

Would it be possible to add some joining pieces such as an L, T and X junction prefabs that match up so I can make solid walls?

Many thanks,

— Ken

49. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hello, we rolled Simple Suburbs into the Simple Town upgrade and Simple Industrial was merged with Simple Port. At the moment we are currently working on Simple Fantasy and Simple Celebrations.

Ken-Howe and Mayureshete like this.
  50. Novez

Novez

I bought the simple people pack for the animations, but I want to add my own animations too.

I tried opening the FBX model in maya, but the animations are really buggy specifically one arm having weird rotations in all animations.

I already wrote about it before and didn't get a response.. Really hoping I can get one this time x.x
    I love the pack but I really need to be able to add my own animations too

Here are two images showing the problem:
    This is the left lower arm of the model graph curve for the X rotation:
    https://gyazo.com/81e6e69dfea254d6f50cdd25b5c8002d

And here's the right lower arm X rotation:
    https://gyazo.com/c948975738f383297b0fb68d867f5844

As you can see the right lower arm is all over the place, and it's only the x rotation that is doing this for some reason :(

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016