Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntystudios

syntystudios

pixxelbob - we will try to take a look at this after Simple Apocalypse

xtomyserrax -If you use the character controller we have setup - (see readme.txt file in project for more info)
    0 = No weapon
    1 = Pistol
    2 = AssultRifle01
    3 = AssultRifle02
    4 = Shotgun
    5 = SniperRifle
    6 = Rifle
    7 = SubMachineGun
    8 = RPG
    9 = MiniGun
    10 = Grenades

pixxelbob likes this.
  2. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Oh really thanks! I will have a look at that and to the character controller too!

3. RogerGu

RogerGu

I purchased Simple Town. Amazing!

I need colliders for all buildings and environments. What is the best practice for this? Do I have to add them for every single prefab, or can I make simple colliders for the models themselves and somehow have them included in the prefabs? I am assuming that mesh colliders would not be as mobile friendly as having 1 to 4 box colliders per building for example.

4. syntystudios

syntystudios

Thx, everyone has a different need for our assets so we have chosen to not include colliders (seems like the more favorable option from people we have asked) You can add colliders to the city block, each building etc it's totally up to your gameplay.
    Hope that helps

5. Kane C Hart

Kane C Hart

Is there a way to copy Animations say from the Military to Zombies?

Edit: we got it to work. Some the deaths seem derpy but will keep figuring it out.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    jprocha101 likes this.
  6. Gege256

Gege256

Hello

My feedback about simple military:
    - Overrall top quality, ready to use , mobile friendly and a lot of content for such a low price.
    - Some mounted weapons are attached to base mesh, why ?
    > humvee grenade launcher : so we can t easily replace it with a 50 cal ( no mounted 50 cal model found ?);
    same remark for abrams turret mg
    > attack heli MG : makes it impossible to rotate the gun

Would love to see the following added ; Any plan to release another military pack ?
    - some prone animations lack (crawl & fire)
    - a javelin missile launcher

Thank you for your work, can t wait for the apocalypse pack :)

7. RogerGu

RogerGu

SImple Airport! Awesome. Any chance you could update so the airplanes have separate prefabs for landing gear so those could be retracted/hidden?

8. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The wheels are already separate parts...

9. RogerGu

RogerGu

Oh excellent! You cannot tell that from the package/contents explorer widget in the store.

Thank you.

10. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Hi synty! How are you?

1. I am sorry for bothering you but do you know how can i fix this?

2. Then i have a question... How can i make a Simple People Character compatible with a Simple Military Character?
    What do i mean with compatible? I mean that I can use the weapon of them.
    I tried, putting the Root_Int of a Simple Military Character to the BusinessMan but i have this:

I tried only putting the Root_Int of Simple Military and deleting the one of Simple People but the prefab got broken, so i have put both Root_Int.
    I know i made the things bad, so could you please tell me how should i do it?

3. And may i ask you something to add? I am going to make a game which will have a big city. All the city will be rounded by water. I bought for now Simple Town and Simple Military, and my militar base i want it to be rounded by water too. Whats my problem? I need a prefab which can connect the water with the sand or dirt floor of Simple Militar.
    Simple town has a prefab which connects, but it has grass. And if i put grass, and then again sand or dirt, it will have no sence.
    Could you please add in an update this? It is just copy and paste the one of Simple Town, but only remove the grass.

Thank you very much!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  11. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

Does anyone have a simple script for the cars and planes? Nothing too crazy or realistic just something that works for an example :)

12. Allen0012

Allen0012

Is there any change you're close to releasing a pack with a train/metro of any kind?
    I'm also waiting on your racer pack, it'd be great to know if that's being developed.

Keep up the good work

13. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

14. Allen0012

Allen0012

Thank you! I guess there's no chance I get those in time then.

15. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

Has anyone scaled the assets down a bit? Their quite big and I'm worried about float point precision when it comes to making a large world. With bigger models/characters etc. You end up losing a lot.

Also wondering how bad it will effect things if I scale things down by say half or close to it.

From what I can tell the Characters for example are almost 3 meters tall.

16. NHG_MattF

NHG_MattF

Hi! I'm a big fan of all your work!

I just wanted to throw in an additional vote for a Simple Space pack =)

It is surprisingly hard to find a nice set of simple, clean, colorful spaceships which have clean silhouettes when viewed on mobile and I think you guys might be the one to pull it off!

The closest I've ever seen along those lines are here (not for sale):
    http://spacecloudstudio.blogspot.com/2013/03/devblogfighters.html
    http://spacecloudstudio.blogspot.com/2013/04/design-diary-09-cruisers-and.html
    http://spacecloudstudio.blogspot.com/2013/04/design-diary-07-heavy-fighters-design.html

pixxelbob, NeoUnity and jprocha101 like this.
  17. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

Thank you so much for working on these assets. We went ahead and bought a whole crap of them and will continue to buy more in the future. I just wanted to say I been reading comments and reviews and you guys seem to be really on a roll till about 7 months ago or so and then things seem to drop off the map a lot. I hope things will slowly pickup again because I for one would love to keep buying and supporting you guys.

I like to list a few personal bugs and small suggestions.

Bugs:

The suggestions to us are very basic things mostly manipulation. I even almost consider them bugs but then again that is point of view and so I will list them as suggestions.

• Suggestion New Items:
    • Simple Generator - Something small and basic that normally takes fuel (not diesel)
    • Advance Generator (Something you see in the military or construction sites). You could reskin this for both purposes. Normally on a trailer. These normally take diesel not that is matters.
    • Diesel Can (same as the fuel just yellow)

TBH there is a lot of small edits I like to make. For example I could easily do the Diesel can one. But when comes to adding a small edge or fixing / touching up the models I found it for myself almost impossible to use blender. I found it complex and just a pain. The truth is I have 0 experience in blender and never had that sort of interest. Not sure if there is a more simple editor you recommend that can let me easily edit the models and export them out again.

Thanks so much.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  18. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

If anyone is interested I've been working on adding a realistic feel to the boats from SimplePort.
    The buoyancy is controlled by floats (capsule colliders) I've added as child objects of the boat as the models themselves i think are too complex for reliable buoyancy physics, i wasn't able to get good results anyway.

I'm fairly happy with the current state so thought I share so other can see the the scope of using these models is only really limited by your imagination.

19. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, I just buy that volume pack and it's awesome! Will anything be add to this pack anymore? May I request something if it's not included?

20. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

How is the simple Apocalypse coming along? Especially the environment. Does this house interiors or just outside?

21. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hi i was wondering what the average triangle count for the models are? Average for a character, building , car, etc... Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread somewhere but its quite large :)

22. BIG-BUG

BIG-BUG

Hi syntystudios,

I'd love to see a Simple Industry pack with stuff like power plants, factories, chimneys, heavy machinery...

Thank you ;-)

23. woodsynzl

woodsynzl

Hi @syntystudios , I can't seem to email you so I'll just ask on here.

Could I please get a refund? I bought the package yesterday and realised it was surplus to what I needed.

Cheers

24. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

syntystudios, zhuchun and JBR-games like this.
  25. zhuchun

zhuchun

AssemblyBandit likes this.
  26. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

This is really cool. I would just love messing around with it for fun tbh.

I love to see how car/boat driving script would be like for pure fun.

pixxelbob likes this.
  27. im

im

Perhaps you may want to do something different. There are already a ton of these on Steam, some like Once Bitten, Twice Dead, already in store, so I'm not sure how well the same old thing will be received. More likely your going to become famous, in the wrong way, in one of Jim Sterling's videos.

pixxelbob and jprocha101 like this.
  28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We released an update for Road Rush Racer:

What do you think?

29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

xtomyserrax likes this.
  30. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

Don't think he can. Looks like UnitZ for parts of it. I'm not sure myself but it does look like it.

31. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

You might want to remove the 9-10 sec part because the car was Invisible :p

Also what you using to fake the world curve. I like that idea for even a FPS game maybe a little less harsh but it be a interesting shader.

32. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

That`s the "Invisible Car" inspired from Sponge Bob :D
    The Plugin is "Curved World" it`s really awesome! ;)

Stone-Legion likes this.
  33. anihilnine

anihilnine

I got Simple World v1. The demo for Simple Airport won't play - about 4 scripts missing - eg:
    The referenced script on this behavior (game obnject 'cutscene') is missing!

Could be I made a mistake - I'm very new at this. All the other demos look good.

34. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

I assume Simple World v1 demo is for 4.6 or whatever not 5

35. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

Thanks!

Awesome! I want it!

No UnitZ.

I might make an asset of some sort.

I probably should have done some homework but I made a game based on what I want to play. If Jim Sterling picks it up it could help me out.

I'm about halfway to the top 100 games, I don't know if that's good or bad but it is what it is. I'm too stubborn to change anything and I am going to program around any shortcomings. I just added 4 more zombies and a trailer and multiplayer will be coming eventually. When the apocalypse pack is released I'll swap in and out models as necessary and finalize everything. I created all the player animations and might redo the zombie animations depending on what the apocalypse brings...

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  36. syntystudios

syntystudios

Things have been rather crazy over the last few weeks, one of the directors got married and the other was best man (me) We are also in the middle of setting up a studio space and in 2 weeks will hire another full time artist - what does this mean ..... more packs are coming ... and faster :)

RogerGu
    - We have added this to the long list
    xtomyserrax - 1. it looks like a lighting issue or UV light map issue. 2. You should be able to swap out the animator controller, weapons will need to be placed into the rig. 3. Added to the list
    ali.00128 - Train/metro - Yes, Racer - yes
    NHG_MattF - Simple Space - yes (we will post an up to date roadmap once we get our new artist up and running.
    Stone Legion - we will be ramping up again (see above) and thanks for the bug, we will get onto those.
    pixxelbob - Dam that is awesome, are you going to make a game with it?
    zhuchun - Simple World contains 10 asset packs, when they get updated we will update World.
    phil.harvey - Simple Apocalypse is getting there, maybe bigger packs aren't a good idea :p they take too long, no interiors for the main pack.
    BIG BUG - Simple port has a bunch of that sorta stuff
    AssemblyBandit - this is looking super awesome ... totally needs some shadows :)
    Maulwurfmann - awesome!
    anihilnine - What version of Unity are you using?

37. im

im

excellent idea

we need simple people church, bride, groom, cake wedding theme set...

38. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

Hi I'm trying to add some animations to the Simple Farm characters, for plowing, water and such. Unity doesn't allow keyframing on humanoid mesh. If I import into blender to use it to add animations, the skeleton for Animations.fbx is distorted and unusable. How would I go about adding animations to the characters?

39. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, will you make a "simple animations"? I just check those animations in simple citizens and they're so nice! Wish you wanna make more of them :)

40. Stone-Legion

Stone-Legion

Have they been simple for you? I found the Military Animations are not suited for a game and most will have to be redone.

41. Huracan-LP670-4

Huracan-LP670-4

Can you add more vehicles like muscle cars, sports cars, SUVs and more cop cars etc. Cause im making a police chasing game :)

42. mosimo

mosimo

I'm having problems adding keyframe events to the animations for simple military. All the animations for the simple military chars are read only. How do I change this?

-edit-
    Expanded the Animations_IK, selected the animations I wanted to add events to, ctrl+D and replaced the animation with the one I duplicated. This made it read/write and works.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    syntystudios likes this.
  43. syntystudios

syntystudios

338650 Simple Racer is in the pipeline :)

44. gozdagb

gozdagb

Hey there, guys! I just released SMASHROAD for Android! I made this game using Syntystudios packages! Check it out!

Don't let the zombies get to the other side of the road!

* Tap on the street lanes to release next car from the list above.
    * Each car has different strength and speed so make sure you choose wisely!
    * Predict moves of the undead and send cars to crash them!
    * Keep zombies away from the fence as long as you can!
    * Collect gold and buy better and unusual cars
    * Gain new achievements and compare your score with others players

Remember that some vehicles are not strong enough to smash zombies so always check the strength of a car and the number of zombies approaching the lane you want to send them into.

Network connection is not required to play but required to get achievements and save high scores.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.pyramidlab.smashroad

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    syntystudios likes this.
  45. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

Simple Apocalypse? ETA? You guys been a little quiet on releasing new packs.... just wondering.

46. syntystudios

syntystudios

Yep! we have been working away on Simple Apocalypse and will post some pics tomorrow, ETA March

Supergeek likes this.
  47. hexland

hexland

Hi Guys,
    Love the look of the Simple World asset packs - looks exactly what I'm looking for. I haven't had a chance to go through all of the assets in detail though, so I was wondering:
    - Is there a pack of 'ground' tiles? Different surface types (grass, sidewalk, paths, flowers, trees, fences, etc)
    - When do you think the Railroad assets will be coming online? I saw in the roadmap that they are currently sitting in last place :(
    - If I purchase the World pack, and you then add a couple of new cars to the car pack - will those additions be available to the World pack, or must I 'upgrade'?

Excellent work - keep it up.

Thanks

48. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Apocalypse - Police Building

hexland - Thanks, yes there are a bunch of different pieces like that. Rail road was actually started (a few trains were made so this will get finished at some point). If we update an pack in Simple World Volume one we also update Simple World.

49. paulojsam

paulojsam

do you have a preview on the apocalipse release, i mean before the apocalipse

50. syntystudios

syntystudios

paulojsam - If you mean, will we have a non Apocalypse version of each building, yes.