Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tbalog

tbalog

I downloaded the town lite version to play around with it but it seems that the car prefabs facing the wrong direction, the default front is the back along the axis. While I know how to work it around (empty parent or coding) this got me concerned a bit. Can you please confirm that in the (tempting) bundle and other simple packs the car and people models facing the right way?

2. syntystudios

syntystudios

westingtyler - Some good ideas there :)

tbalog - Unfortunately that is how they are, we have talked about creating alternative versions that are in the correct direction but can't say when this will be done as everyone wants Simple Apocalypse yesterday :p

3. im

im

Not yesterday, we wanted it last month!

4. paulojsam

paulojsam

in preference before the real apocalipse

5. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

What do you think of the ideas we gave to you?

6. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

@syntystudios Thanks for all the resources, I buy everything you put out! Do you happen to have a dog character? I wanted to put a zombie dog in my game. I could try to make one in your style but it probably won't turn out too nice :(

7. syntystudios

syntystudios

xtomyserrax - Also nice :)
    AssemblyBandit - After we finish Simple Apocalypse (would be perfect for you) we will complete Simple Animals which will include a dog

xtomyserrax likes this.
  8. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

I would love to see Simple Apocalypse! If you have any spoiler please show it!

And also, i would love to see my ideas implemented!

Thanks!

9. im

im

this is not good idea and going to be confusing

Simple Cartoon Town
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/51419

i know it looks different, but the use of the name is i think not good idea, since your like the simple asset guy, and it looks like someone wants to ride your trademark... i actually when i saw name clicked on it, now i saw it was different style and i then saw different studio, but this just going to confused people not as familiar...

syntystudios likes this.
  10. adsChosen

adsChosen

I really like the buildings in Simple Town but there is some possibility to add more colours in the office buildings or perhaps you can put the original file in which you change the colors into the package.

syntystudios likes this.
  11. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Branch of ideas! Wish you add them all! I will give the Idea - Asset where it should be added - Comment
    • ATM's for the street - Simple Town - This idea I really need it to be added! (Example image: https://www.vendingconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/na-atm.jpg)
    • Bank Building - Simple Town - This idea could come with the ATM. A bank is a must have for a city
    • Police Station Building - Simple Town - Another must have for a city! This idea I really need it too!
    • FBI Station Building - Simple Town
    • Swat Station Building - Simple Town
    • CIA Station Building - Simple Town
    • Fire Station Building - Simple Town - Another must have for a city!
    • Hospital Building - Simple Town - Another must have for a city!
    • City Hall Building - Simple Town - Another must have for a city!
    • School Building - Simple Town - Another must have for a city!
    • Stadium Building - Simple Town
    • Sport Building - Simple Town - Maybe add a football field, a tennis court, a swimming pool, etc.
    • More items/buildings for parks/gardens - Simple Town
    • Gas Station Building - Simple Town
    • Food Shop Building - Simple Town
    • Mail Building - Simple Town
    • Mail Box - Simple Town - Example image: http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Pre...0bf28c3-34ff-49ea-8655-0bf190c04a95Larger.jpg
    • Biomes: Winter and Sand - Simple Biomes (New asset) or Simple Town - Add items so we can make in a world different Biomes
    • Plane with the back door opened - Simple Airport - This would be great so we can make a kind of "plane hijack". Example image: http://i.imgur.com/YyxjQrg.jpg
    • Jail Building - Simple Town
    • Restaurants - Simple Buildings
    • Parking Garage - Simple Buildings
    • Statues - Simple Props
    • Militar Plane - Simple Military - Example Image: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...936/761D39AA5684BEDEF7FFCE172A1A2364FA3866D1/
    Well, here are my ideas! Wish you add all of them, specially the ones in Bold that are the ideas i need the most!
    I would like to know which ideas you liked and which you dislike or dont think to add. Also, it would be great if you could tell me when approximately you think to add the ideas you liked (especially if the ideas are in bold).
    I think some ideas are neccesary for the simple town, and others are just for improving it!
    If i have more ideas, i will tell them to you!

Thanks for reading, will love to see when they are added!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  12. adsChosen

adsChosen

@xtomyserrax I really like your ideas. I add some more:
    • Restaurants - Simple Buildings
    • Parking Garage - Simple Buildings
    • Statues - Simple Props

13. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Thank you very much! Added your ideas to the list! :D

14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

It would be great if you also could make some motorbikes (with sidecar) and some luxus cars like ferrari, or lamborghini.
    Maybe some bikes would also fit great for simple apocalypse :rolleyes:

syntystudios likes this.
  15. syntystudios

syntystudios

xtomyserrax likes this.
  16. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Well... Wish you like the ones who are not in other assets and wish you add them :)

And, wont you keep adding things to Simple Town? Banks, Police Station, Fire Station, Gas Station are buildings which are a must in cities, and maybe they should be there.

And questions about Simple World because i want to buy it:
    • Do you keep there all the assets updated? For example: There is a new update of Simple Airport, do you add it to simple world?
    • Will you add there the new assets you create?
    • Will you someday add an upgrade price?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  17. K-16Games

K-16Games

Okay, I must be totally retarded. But, how do you get the animator to transition out of Jump_b after the first trigger? In script, when I trigger a "Jump", I tried using SetBool("Jump_b", true) and SetTrigger("Jump_b") but they just continuously repeat the jump animation without transitioning back. do you have to set a timed event to set the parameter back to false? I am used to working in 2D with sprite physics, so getting these guys to move around with root animation is challenging for me.

18. syntystudios

syntystudios

If you set it back to false on the next frame it will jump once, hope that helps.

Do you keep there all the assets updated? - Yes
    Will you add there the new assets you create? - No, just the asset packs mentioned
    Will you someday add an upgrade price? - No, we are not fans of the upgrade system after using it once on Simple Town

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    xtomyserrax likes this.
  19. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Okay thanks!

And could you also make more characters assets or add more characters to your current assets?

For example make more people for towns, cities. More civilians. More people for shooting games. Sports People. Maffia people.

I really need to buy characters so if you could make more assets or add more to your current ones, great for me :) (PD: I am going to buy your current assets of characters and others like Airport and Militar. PD2: I ask to you because if I use your characters i need the same kind of ones)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  20. syntystudios

syntystudios

We plan to create a Simple Character pack at some stage next year but we have Simple Apocalypse and Simple Animals to complete first

xtomyserrax likes this.
  21. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Okay thanks! I am glad that you are looking to do that!

Do you have any aproach of when you can spoil or release Simple Apocalypse?

22. ZJP

ZJP

I thing it's better to works on Simple Train before Simple Apocalypse. That will be ending/closing the 'cycle'. Cities, Car, Boat, Planes ....

23. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Also to add more buildings for Simple Buildings. There are some buildings which are a must for creating a city!

But it is syntystudios opinion when to add the things. The problem is if he adds them in 6 months.

Simple Apocalypse has a lot of people waiting for it, so it will be good to be realsed. But please dont forget your other assets!

24. K-16Games

K-16Games

Is there a way to make the simple people walk backwards, like setting Speed_f to a negative float (which doesn't currently work)? Right now I have root motion disabled and am using the charactercontroller.move functions.

25. ZJP

ZJP

Yes. I respect that.

26. Huracan-LP670-4

Huracan-LP670-4

awesome awesome it will be great if u added more cars .

27. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

I have bought Simple People and found a little and insignificant error in the character: Robber_Black

http://i.imgur.com/LYKWjjz.png

There it is marked. It is not a big error, but if you someday update the asset it could be great if you fix it :D

Thanks!

28. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

@xtomyserrax Just modify the texture to fix it. Double clicking on the texture should open it up in your default photo editor. Give him some shiny pants :) The robber is wearing tattered clothes anyway, that's not really an error.

xtomyserrax and syntystudios like this.
  29. syntystudios

syntystudios

As AssemblyBandit said that is not an error but by design.

xtomyserrax likes this.
  30. the1337est

the1337est

Hi,

I downloaded Simple Town Lite from the asset store, and built a small test scene using the assets in the Simple Town Lite package. When I build it for Android, I'm getting frame rate lag (around 10fps). I have tested it on two devies, Xiaomi Redmi 1S and OnePlus One.

The test scene uses only about 20 buildings and 4 cars at once. What could be the reason for the lag?

Thanks!

Edit:
    I fixed the lag by disabling Auto Graphics API and removing OpenGLES3 from Graphics API under Build Settings > Other Settings.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  31. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Will you add more sales in your assets for xmas or new year? It would be great if you do!

For making the billboard's image or the roadsing image you use photoshop?

Also, may i ask you something? I am using a quad object which layer is floor. After enabling it, every time i start the game my character (of simple people) disappear (it moves, but in my game screen and scene screen is not visible, i just see the camera that is moving because of the character follow script). When i disable this quad object, after starting the game the character is visible.
    Do you know why it does happen? Do you know how could i fix it?
    PS: I am using the Survival Shooter tutorial to help my self. With that character it doesnt happen but with this one it does. The only thing i couldnt add to the character robber (that the survival shooter one has) is the skinned mesh renderer because there isnt a mesh of it and there are also mesh of their bodies.
    How could i make a skinned mesh rendered of all the player (not in parts).

Thanks for your help! And merry christmas!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  32. unitywlp

unitywlp

can you make desert city for next update

xtomyserrax likes this.
  33. shopguy

shopguy

In case someone else hasn't already asked for it. I'll probably end up making myself for this project, depending on timing, but:

For Simple Town, if people are trying to generate worlds procedurally or allow users to create them, the water would work much better if it had a subset of the road shapes. So you could do straight (as you already can) but also 90 degree turns, Ts, and 4 way intersections, just like roads. I think you would only need the 4 shapes/pieces/meshes I have shown here, since you don't need the "with lines" versions:

I'm making a city building game, and keeping everything to 20x20 Unity unit grid... which works perfect for the roads, but not so much for water, unless I impose some restrictions on the water, which complicates the logic among other issues.

I've never published assets to the store before, but if my "world builder" ends up being generic enough that I think others could use it, maybe I will publish it, and note that it "works perfectly with Simple Town!" :) Maybe also the traffic and pedestrian AI system, although there are already several of those on the store, just none that worked for my needs.

jprocha101 likes this.
  34. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hi,

I am using Unity 5.3.1 p1, and after I bake the light. I get incorrect shadow on models. Does my settings seem right? Or how can I correct this? Thanks.

Derek

Attached Files:

35. _natty

_natty

Hi I've recently purchased the Simple Town asset and will be filling out my collection as resources allow. All of your assets are very well done and affordable, so thanks for doing what you do!

As a suggestion: I'd like to see the city fleshed out more, Simple Metropolis or something.

1. Different styles of homes trailer park homes, low income houses, duplexes, large Victorian homes, modular McMansions, bungalows, high rises, proper apartments, etc

2. Civil styled architecture for large gov't buildings. Lots of concrete and columns, preferably modular. Can be used for libraries, city hall, FBI buildings, etc.

3. As others have mentioned, schools and and universities would be very nice.

4. Skyscrapers!

-natty

syntystudios likes this.
  36. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Sorry for being so annoying but i really need help in this. If not, i cant continue with my game using the characters i bought.

Thanks and again, sorry for being so annoying.

37. syntystudios

syntystudios

If you hit play and the character is there without the quad we can only assume that the quad has collision on it and is throwing the character away from the camera?! It sounds like the issue is with your setup and not the character.

38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, when can we expect the next product launches?

39. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Thanks for answering! Well, using the Survival Shooter character it works well and using the Simple People one it doesnt. It collides because it goes very far but i dont know why it collides.
    Do you know why it may collide?

EDIT: I dont know how but I could fix it. Thank you very much for your help and again, so sorry for annoying you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  40. syntystudios

syntystudios

We haven't tried 5.3 yet but we have heard it's very broken ... in many places, wait for an update is out only advice.

41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Apocalypse is still in production, ETA Jan/Feb

im likes this.
  42. im

im

thanks for update / sounds great / happy holidays!

syntystudios likes this.
  43. marcosecchi

marcosecchi

shopguy, syntystudios and 600 like this.
  44. Arsonide

Arsonide

Hey @syntystudios! I just wanted to say that I have purchased some of your assets and I'm very pleased. I am working on a project that involves urban interiors, so I just wanted to throw in my support of Industrial and Office interior props, as you have residential interiors covered quite nicely.

I am aware that you are currently working on Apocalypse stuff, and that these two things are already on your roadmap, but I just wanted to voice my support of them. Is there any sort of timeline for releases?

syntystudios likes this.
  45. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Apocalypse - WIP

Coming soon!

Maulwurfmann, tango209 and im like this.
  46. AssemblyBandit

AssemblyBandit

Awesome, can't wait! This zombie game I'm working on is going to be gangster!!!!

syntystudios likes this.
  47. syntystudios

syntystudios

That is amazing! we can see you will love Simple Apocalypse!

48. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does anybody got unity rag doll working with simple zombies? I can't set up it correctly. Can anybody please make a screenshot of there rag doll settings? Thanks

49. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

Hey @syntystudios
    Happy new year!
    I bought Simple Port just before Christmas to expand my Simple asset collection.
    I've been building a little scene with a buoyancy effector. It's not going so well.

The boats are aesthetically perfect, great job! However they're very unbalanced when physics are applied, so I'm having trouble getting them to float with realistic buoyancy .
    Would you be able separate the hull of the boats from the rest of their cargo and other things on their decks? I don't have modelling tool other wise i'd attempt to do it myself.

Having a separate hull mesh to the rest of the boat would me the physics much more stable.
    Because I can just use a simple hull mesh as a collider rather than the entire mesh.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  50. xtomyserrax

xtomyserrax

Hi, i have bought your Simple Military asset and i have this question:

While i was looking for the animations i have found all of them, but i couldnt find the ones for shooting with an ak47, which ones are?