Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple terrain mapper

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sleglik, Aug 30, 2011.

1. sleglik

sleglik

Good news everybody new update for basic terrain mapper

It is fast placement mainly for dungeons/interior scenes (= without terrain)

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=junpxKcJ2cc

You can download it from well known location! :)

2. sleglik

sleglik

Basic terrain mapper new version is in Asset store! You can download it and enjoy! :)

3. Venged

Venged

Can you have the tool place any tree prefab you choose or are you limited to the trees that come with the kit?

Thanks,

4. sleglik

sleglik

You can place any trees that are defined in terrain. In code it is "TreePrototype" or something like that.

5. sleglik

sleglik

The greatest update for Basic terrain mapper

- adding alpha value for placing objects
    - you can place several objects at once
    - you can place objects using raycast
    - lots of bugfixing

More in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iHnxZJ0Sb8

On FTP site this version will be in the evening. After submitting in Asset stoer I will increase price to 45 dollars.

6. sleglik

sleglik

This update is in Asset store. I will create one more feature what I am missing and than I really don´t know what to add.

If you have any sugestion please let me know I will add to it.

7. sleglik

sleglik

Hello,

new version of Basic mapper in Asset store. Now is supporting for placing objects during play mode.

Main features

- changing position of objects
    - changing rotation of objects
    - changing scale of objects
    - placing new objects
    - support for more scenes

Price: it will be part of the basic terrain mapper, so if you have have licence it will be for free

Video how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgULQuHkTs

Price is still 50 dollars

8. drewradley

drewradley

I must be doing something wrong as the tree and grass placement does not work as it is supposed to and no matter the setting, always gives 100% coverage or more, if that's possible. I followed the instructions but it took about three hours and placed almost 200,000 trees on a 200x200 terrain and on every texture as far as I can tell (the grass was limited to one texture so perhaps the trees were as well but I couldn't tell as that many trees slowed my computer down too much). I played around with the settings but lowering the coverage percent actually increased the trees. I had it down to .0001 by the end and that took the longest and had the most trees of all of them, but generally every percent I tried put pretty much the same number of trees. Am I supposed to attach additional scripts or something? Could it be because I'm using a height mapped terrain rather than one created with the terrain toolkit?

9. sleglik

sleglik

Can you describe what do you want to achieve? I little bit confused what do you want. Problem is that trees and details have different settings so it is not same.

10. drewradley

drewradley

On the Basic Terrain Mapper script I am trying to use the tree placement to place trees on a terrain and the grass placement to place grass and in both cases, I cannot get any less than 100% coverage, no matter where I put the placement slider on both functions. When I tried to put 10% coverage of trees, I got 100%. I put it to 1% and got 100%. I put it at .1% and got 100%. Then I tried the grass tool. I tried 50% and got 100%. I tried 1% and got 100%. etc. The rest of the functions work fine. Just not the tree and grass placement part.

11. sleglik

sleglik

Ok, I will retest in the evening, if I will find bug I will fix and send you download link

If there will no bug I will explain you exact process, is it enough?

12. drewradley

drewradley

Yes please. I watched all the videos and read the PDF and thought I knew what I was doing. I've made some really nice looking terrain (at least I think so) with this tool, but these two things still trouble me. What I've done for now is to use trees not created with the tree creator and used the object placement.

13. sleglik

sleglik

Now I am confused.... previously you wrote problem with trees and details and you are writing about object placer...

Please send me an email to sleglik87@gmail.com and we will solve problem with direct contact.

EDIT: I checked tree and detail placement everything is working....

One small bug in editor that I used wrong control but still you can use it....

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  14. drewradley

drewradley

Sorry. I simply meant that I used the object placer instead of the tree and detail placer since I couldn't get those two to work properly. I will email you soon.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  15. FractalCore

FractalCore

I just bought the Basic Terrain Mapper. And the first thing I noticed is that the Slope Control for textures is missing. It was introduced almost a year ago, Did you remove it?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013