Search Unity

Simple skinned mesh not animating

Discussion in 'Animation' started by AdamMc85, Jan 9, 2015.

1. AdamMc85

AdamMc85

Hi All

I'm having problems getting a skinned mesh to animate in Unity. I have a very simple object in Maya which is deformed using a simple joint chain. I have tried numerous different ways to export but I am coming up against this problem whatever I try. At first there was no .anim clip but after some experimentation with the export settings a .anim did show up but noting happened to the mesh in the animation preview window.

I am relatively new to Unity but I have got a few characters in from Maya before and the process was always pain free, not this time! I am really struggling with this and cant seem to find answers elsewhere so I thought I would ask here.

Things I have tried:

Selecting joint hierarchy and mesh > Export Selected > Default fbx settings with animation on - No animation in Unity
    Selecting joint hierarchy and mesh > Export Selected > Animation on with bake - No animation in Unity
    Baking all joints > Selecting joint hierarchy and mesh > Export Selected - No animation in Unity
    Baking all joints > Selecting joint hierarchy only > Export Selected - No animation in Unity
    Baking all joints > Selecting joint hierarchy plus all incoming nodes and mesh > Export Selected - Animation shows up in the project view, unfortunately it doesn't play in the preview
    Fresh scene > Mesh cube > Three joints > Basic animation > All of the above - Same as above
    Re-downloaded latest fbx exporter > All of the above - Same as above

Possibly more but you get the idea. Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

2. AdamMc85

AdamMc85

Has anybody got any ideas on this? Can anyone see anything that i'm doing wrong or missing out?