Search Unity

Simple Scene Transitions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rusfighter, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Rusfighter

Rusfighter

Hello Game Developers,

Today I am going to place my first asset on the asset store. The asset is named as Simple Scene Transitions and gives the designers/developers easy way to create transitions between scenes. These transitions can be used for all kind of games. I think every game deserves and must have good and performant scene transitions.

Overview
    Video says more than thousands words:

The package contains serveral transition materials, 2 scripts for the camera (one for all rendering paths and one fast image effect for forward path and mobile). Several examples scenes with transitions incoming and outgoing transitions. Several grayscale textures that can be used to get nice transitions. And one loading background texture.

Features:
    • Lightweight and Mobile Friendly (One extra drawcall)
    • Works in Forward and Deferred Rendering Paths
    • Greyscale images for unlimited transitions effects
    • Loading image per material
    • Animation script with curves
    • Fade in and fade out transitions
    • Camera script can also be used to scale down framebuffer (if you are GPU bound on mobile)
    • No programming required!
    How to (See video after 1 minute)
    1. Drag CameraTransitionFast.cs or CameraTransitionDeferred.cs to the main camera
    2. Drag SceneTransitionAnimation.cs to any object in the scene
    3. Select a curve for fade or cutoff property. Set a flat curve at 0 to disable the effect
    4. Drag the main camera to the Camera property.
    5. Drag the transition material to the Material property
    6. Set length of the animation
    7. Select active box if the animation should run on start
    8. Type scene name in the name field if another scene should load after animation is completed

I hope i gave enough information.

The price is still not certain yet (i doubt between 9.95 and 14.95)

Let me hear what you think and what should be added more!

And since this is my first asset, i some feedback about anything is appreciated.

Ilija