Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

simple opengl example project?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by thefluidimage, Jun 25, 2007.

1. thefluidimage

thefluidimage

does anyone have or know of the 'simplest' project that would demonstrate opengl drawing in unity pro? even drawing a quad would suffice, so long as the calls to draw are GL.

we can't seem to engage the gl system to draw. so we need a simple debug case that works. an entire project that would encapsulate all state would be ideal.

thanks!

2. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

bronxbomberman (aka Jedd) has been doing some stuff in OpenGL and hopefully he'll drop by and see this.

3. bronxbomber92

bronxbomber92

Dave, I think he knows OpenGL, just can't get it to work in Unity. Since I don't have Pro, I can't actually give him a working example XD.

Sorry, I look forward to seeing how to use the GL class in Unity though :)

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Ah, my mistake then.

5. thefluidimage

thefluidimage

indeed, we're pretty GL tested. and i started down the debug path until i realized that we could be looking at a very low level problem - like the build isn't allowing GL code to draw in its context.

i appreciate the assistance.

6. hsparra

hsparra

7. thefluidimage

thefluidimage

thanks! that got something drawn to the screen (i was skeptical). and i was able to duplicate in c# (our native script) and c. so GL is in fact working. once we're through, i'll post a complete project that may be useful for debugging.

8. Brian-Brookwell

Brian-Brookwell

Here's a project I used as the first lecture in a Computer Science Graphics course I teach for MacEwan University. It doesn't do much, though, except use triangles to display a square or hexagon.

Attached Files: