Search Unity

Question Simple Noise doesnt show on Android Device

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by _watcher_, Apr 21, 2020.

1. _watcher_

_watcher_

Hello

Is it expected some ShaderGraph shaders to not work on some devices?
    And if so, is there a table somewhere of requirements (like 'requires OpenGL ES3 no fallback')?

I've added Simple Noise Node and connected it directly to Sprite Lit Master Color input.
    It works on windows standalone as executable, within editor, but doesnt show at all when ran on Android device.

I can paste specs of the device if needed.

One more question. Most of the other Nodes work.. i have not tested them all. However things like Voronoi run extremely slow (15 fps). I guess i'm GPU-bound, as the device doesnt have a fast GPU. Setting SG precision to 'half' helped a little. Also, strangely enough, some shaders behave differently on device than in editor (Gradient Noise flicker for example ticks slower on the device - while fps is the same /60fps/ - EDIT: noticed some shaders are 'choppy' after a while. Setting precision to 'float' seemed to fix the choppiness)

Do you have any general, or specific suggestions for me on how to optimize ShaderGraph shaders for low end device? A performance or requirements table would be also welcome, so i would not have to test them all by myself manually.

Thank you

Unity 2019.3.0f6
    URP + Shader Graph 7.1.8

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    zhaozony and SeriouslyNot like this.
  2. SeriouslyNot

SeriouslyNot

Have u found any solutions?