Search Unity

Simple Localization

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MarioSantoso, Apr 16, 2016.

1. MarioSantoso

MarioSantoso

Hello community!

I want to share a simple tool that I used for my game. This is a very simple, but I think quite robust and easy to use localization scripts. My localization will take a text file and read the content. Here's what it can do:
    • It will auto-guess how many translations in the text file (not a foolproof method, just a quick dirty trick but it does the job very well for me).
    • It will let you know if you have missing translation based on its auto-guess result. It will inform you the index. Makes it easier to find the missing part.
    • Changing the displayed language is very easy and quick. You can use Unity UI button or SendMessage method or maybe more? - I only use those two..
    • You can build the translations file with common spreadsheet program such as Excel or Google Sheets and save as a unicode text file (tab delimited) or just use notepad. This way you can put all the language into one file - sample/template included.
    • You can assign specific font for each language or just use a default font.
    • It will only read the text file once or when you trigger it to refresh.
    • You can change the language when not playing (in editor) to preview the result.
    What it can't do:
    • Translate text for you.
    • It is not foolproof or abuse proof :p
    • I haven't test it to handle large/huge text file.
    I try to make this as simple and easy to understand as I can so you can tweak them as you like, add more features to suit your project. If you use this just put my name in the credits and help others when you can.

The package currently under review from Asset Store team, so it's not up yet. However if any of you want to give it a try, you can download here.

If you have suggestion or want to report a problem, just let me know. Thank you for your time.