Search Unity

Simple Lerpz RPG

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by seppuku arts, Apr 1, 2009.

1. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

Hello guys, now that Unity3D is out for Windows, I thought I'd give the trial a shot and followed the Lerpz tutorial (well I'm almost at the end of it) and am very impressed with the engine, I've played around with alternatives but have always founds something that doesn't quite suite me, so far Unity has ticked all of the boxes, so I may actually buy it. With 17 days left of my trial and a lot of other stuff to do (Uni work mostly), I thought I'd experiment with a simple demo - when/if I get the full version, I'll have the opportunity to improve the code, use my own media and make something better. So I've got it started and it's working well so far I think, it's just a simple Lerpz turnbased RPG.

I'd get it up on the web player, but I've encountered a couple of problems, I'll try to see if I can fix them tomorrow.

Instead I have a couple of screenshots:

What do I plan this to be? Lerpz has crash landed on a planet from being chased by the coppers, they catch up with him there - he has to charge his way through the Coppers to get a new engine for his ship.

Basic, I know. ;)

Cheers.

2. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

3. OzDave

OzDave

looks good mate, nice to see you again :)

4. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

*Tries not to laugh*

Neat idea though. :)

5. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

At?

6. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

It's just a funny game (especially the fighting parts). :D

7. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

Cheers guys.

I realise that it's primitive, I really want to buy Unity, so I probably will. I'm going to build some of the other levels during the rest of the week so I can have a demo done with the concept, using that script for battling. After this week I've got Uni work to be getting on with (I took a break this week) though deadlines are in less than 4 weeks, I'll be getting £140 for doing a few job in the next 2 weeks, it could well be my summer present, failing that it's my birthday at the end of may, so I could treat myself then.

Either way, once I nab myself a full copy I'll be learning some more and building on top of this system.

8. thecreatrix

thecreatrix

Don't mind the naysayers. :)

When the camera swung around like a Final Fantasy game, that made me smile. Nice touch.

More power to ya!

9. Merries

Merries

Very creative idea I really liked it!

10. Discord

Discord

i love how the camera swings around for the fighting!

for some reason though, i kept running into invisible barriers in the oddest places.

11. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

Thanks for the compliments.

I'll reposition some of the barriers, some of them I kind of rushed.

12. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

Screenshots of Level 2, I thought I'd add some obstacles to stop you along the way. Level 2 isn't finished, but I'll give some shots to show you what's in store.

Outside the temple:

Indoors, lava pit in the middle:

Watch your step, make your away across without falling into the molten lava!

What happens is essentially after you've beaten the Robot guarding spare fuel pods you find a what appears to be a temple with Runic written on top (the Runic is of absolutely no reference, just a random Norse word - Mjoth...it means 'mead', but nobody has to know that ;)) inside of the temple hides a factory of some kind. What better place to look for parts? Though you'll have to avoid Lava pits along the way.

Once level 2 is done I'll post up another demo.

13. Animaleante

Animaleante

I'm getting a page not found error. Is that link still working?

Cool idead though:D

14. seppuku arts

seppuku arts

Thanks.

Sorry, I removed the file to try and add new one, but it seems the new one refuses to upload. I'll try an another upload site and just put up the Windows and Mac builds on there. I'll probably do that tomorrow if I'm not too busy.