Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Simple In-App Purchase System (SIS) - Shop solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baroni, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Which billing plugin are you using in combination with Simple IAP System?

1. Unity IAP

179 vote(s)
    86.9%
  2. Voxel Busters

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Stans Assets

13 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Prime31

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. WARZOOMCOM

WARZOOMCOM

There is not enough information to state the exact cause for this, since I cannot look into your project or settings. I can only take a guess. Maybe you did not put the IAPManager and SteamManager into the first scene of your game, but only into your shop scene, so billing is not yet initialized at the time you are trying to make a purchase?
    ----------------------------

I added IAPManager, SteamManager into the first scene and replaced appid as well.
    Is there any delay to initialize billing system? If I clicked buy button I can see this screen.

If I waited for about 5 secs and click buy button, i can't see "Billing is not avaiable".
    After clicking buy button, I need to wait for about 3 mins to see this screen.

upload_2023-8-8_9-28-57.png

PS: It is beta mode and I didn't release it yet. I only upload it into steam and testing it now.
    I am using Unity 2022.3.5f1 now.
    Please kindly help me. I followd all of guides correctly. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
  2. Baroni

Baroni

Yes, initializing Unity IAP is an asynchronous action that issues a request to Steam servers to receive product prices and user inventory. As a web request, Steam servers need to respond and therefore this causes the natural initialization delay of a few seconds.

Since the purchase popup shows up correctly as seen in your screenshot, I can confirm that you did everything right. The minute-long delay of the purchase popup is definitely not normal and I have not seen this before. Also this should not happen in sandbox mode with an unreleased app.

Are you using a VPN by any chance, and if so, have you tried without it? If you would like to have me test your app and see if I get that delay too, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the Steam guide starting with the "INVITE USER" screenshot. This means I will get access to your app on Steam (not source) and can test it on my PC locally.

3. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

I was wondering on the receipt validator script, we have to remove the comment on line 9. Every time I import a new version, we have to remember to do this. Is it possible to add a if/then statement so that in the editor we can just click on what we want? I'm not sure where it would go, probably inside a method. Not sure if that would work. Something like.

public bool rc = false;
    if (rc == false)
    {
    //#define RECEIPT_VALIDATION
    }
    else
    {
    #define RECEIPT_VALIDATION
    }

4. Baroni

Baroni

@RandomCharacters Thanks for your feedback on this. Unfortunately scripting define symbols do not work like that in a method. The issue is that the client and server receipt validation scripts share the same define, RECEIPT_VALIDATION. This is historically grown and in order to solve this, I would need to break the current define for all customers. I will not be able to do this in a patch, but will note it down for the next major release.

5. Gushmeister

Gushmeister

Hi @Baroni

how have you been in the past months? Hope everything is fine!

I‘m getting message inside the google play console, that I‘m using the old Google Billing V4 and that I need to update to v5 in order to keep using billing from November this year.

How can I update that and what does it mean for simple iap? Does it support v5 and do I have to update my package?

Best regards

6. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @Gushmeister! All good on my end, still working on releasing a new asset and in the final stages, but you know how it works... the last weeks are the longest ones :D I hope your battle royale app launch was a success too, or at least you celebrated it as one :cool:

Starting with Unity IAP 4.8.0, Google billing v5 is supported. You will want to update to that version at minimum, or the latest one (4.9.3) which does not bring in that many changes regarding Simple IAP System, depending on what SIS version you are currently using. The Unity IAP team made a few minor changes to their interfaces in the past versions, which are adopted by the latest SIS versions (what exactly changed in SIS can be seen on my GitHub repo).

7. WARZOOMCOM

WARZOOMCOM

Thank you for your explanation. I have a question.
    If I release game into steam, it will work for real money? It is working on sandbox and not real money right now.

8. Baroni

Baroni

Real money purchases also work with an unreleased game on Steam. You just have to use a different account than your developer account and grant it access to the game.

If the game is released, sandbox purchases are deactivated (for the developer account too). Only real money purchases are then possible. Please see the post by this user confirming that.

9. WARZOOMCOM

WARZOOMCOM

Thank you for your support.

Baroni likes this.
  10. Baroni

Baroni

Just a quick follow up on the Meta Quest topic - I would really, really like to test the updated integration on my Quest 2 that is lying around next to me, but I am unable to do so because of a bug in the Oculus developer dashboard not letting me update my payment information. A ticket with Oculus support is still open but I have not heard back since last Thursday.

11. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Hey Baroni. I just upgraded to new version. I have all newest unity and packages and everything updated. When I do a test buy, it gives a success. However, after 5 minutes the google play store reverses it. From what I understand, you are saying it is not being acknowledged. You said I have to check the logs. So, it is doing this with 3 apps I have updated. There is something going on. Possibly a blocker like anti-cheat toolkit or obfuscator. What I was wondering is where do I go from here. Where is the log located at, what am I looking for and such. There must be something I am missing as it is not just 1 app.

12. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @RandomCharacters, I would recommend using the Android Logcat package by Unity, that's the most easy way to inspect Android logs. Unfortunately only based on your explanation of the problem I am not able to look into this in more detail. I am awaiting your logs.

13. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

So what is it I am supposed to do? Hook up the phone and play the editor? Make a purchase somehow and wait for the rejection? I am not sure what you want me to do and what to look for.

On the attached file, I hooked up the phone. It went to the main menu. i entered the pro store. I clicked on buying the item. Play store sent me that it was purchased. 5 minutes later play store sent me email saying it was not acknowledged and revered the charge. That's then I disconnected the phone. Not sure what to look for.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  14. Baroni

Baroni

Well, the definition of debugging and making sure that no exception is thrown during a purchase is exactly that - doing a purchase and monitoring the logs for any errors or Null Reference Exceptions. You would also want to filter for your application logs only, to avoid having all of the unnecessary Android stuff in there too. Unfortunately when searching through your log, I could not find any relevant information with the words "products", "Unity IAP" or "purchase". Do you have "Development Build" enabled in the build settings so Simple IAP System sends some more useful logs?

I also received information from another user that using the latest version of Unity IAP, Google purchases fail. What Unity IAP version are you using? If its 4.9.4, have you tried with 4.9.3 too?

15. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

I think it was 4.93. I have been uninstalling unity's IAP and reinstalling it to 4.94. It seems like the apps work, sort of. Some show the purchase. However, this could be due to the fact that the phones I have access to get the free software from play store. In the next few days I am going to have to try to get another android phone and see. The main thing is in the scene called pro store, it shows if it has been purchased or not properly. I'll have to do more testing next week when I can find someone with a phone that would download and look at it.

16. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @MadeFromPolygons , @unity_E689A8827B3C59AC4AA1 , @FT_Studio

Good news! The Oculus dashboard issue was fixed today, so I was able to create IAPs and also test them on a Meta Quest 2. The test was successful and guides have been updated:
    https://flobuk.gitlab.io/assets/docs/sis/stores/oculus/
    https://flobuk.gitlab.io/assets/docs/sis/guides/vr-sample-scene

The update is released on GitHub. Get instant access via the GitHub addon on my website or wait for the update to be released on the Unity Asset Store somewhen next week.

v5.2.7
    - VR package and scene was fully reworked and simplified, now making use of XR Interaction Toolkit for tracking
    of headset and controllers. Compatibility includes any device supporting the XR Plugin, tested on Meta Quest 2
    - added VR sample scene setup documentation and updated Oculus Store guide on online documentation pages
    - Oculus Integration compatibility updated to 55.0+
    - Unity IAP compatibility updated to 4.9.4+

MadeFromPolygons and FT_Studio like this.
  17. FT_Studio

FT_Studio

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

18. WARZOOMCOM

WARZOOMCOM

Hello. I implemented In-App purchase on steam with simple IAP. I requested to review games but they said like this.

1. The currency shown in-game doesn't display prices in the user's own currency. For example, item is shown in-game will be shown in dollars.
    We recommend setting up the game to display prices in the user's own currency. You can use the ISteamMicroTxn/GetUserInfo API to display the user's currency, and display your prices accordingly: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/webapi/ISteamMicroTxn#GetUserInfo

2. Please replace these sandbox calls with the real-money versions of the API. For help with this implementation, please see: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/microtransactions/implementation
    Please let me know how to fix these two.

One more thing: Please let me know how to display prices with players' local currency.
    Let's assume that player live in Australia and he/her is using AUD.
    If item's price is $3.00 USD, I am going to show $4.63 AUD on his/her side.
    If he is from Singapore, I am going to show $4.06 SGD on his/her side.
    Thanks.

19. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @WARZOOMCOM ,

the first point is a recommendation, not a requirement. Many popular games on Steam with thousands of players (e.g. PUBG) do not localize prices displayed in-game. The localized price is displayed at checkout, in the native popup. If you want to display local prices in-game, you have to use SIS 5.2.6 or above and enable the "Fetch" checkbox on the product in Project Settings > Simple IAP System.

Regarding sandbox calls, Simple IAP System does not make use of any Steam sandbox API specifically, so there is no option to disable it. If the game is not released, Steam will use the sandbox API. If the game is released, Steam will use the production API (and it is not possible to make sandbox payments anymore at that point).

20. huwastudio

huwastudio

Hello.

I’ve purchased Simple IAP System and integrated into my android project.
    I’m currently using GPGS and PlayFab in the project as well.
    There are some questions I would like to ask.

1. Is there an exceptional situation in which the ShopItem2D script is not recognized? Currently in certain situations, the ShopItem2D script is not recognized. For example, it seems like there is an issue regarding the parent entity of the UI structure. No separate script is enabled in the project.

2. What is the best way to display the price of in app products with each country’s currency code? I’m currently bringing in the Product from the IAPManager and using localizedPriceString from metadata.

3. I wasn’t able to find any explanation on the settings for the Store Meta Data from Project Setting. If there is nothing to override, can this be left as a blank?

4. Currently there is an issue in which during the initialization process and the price of the product being displayed, if the exchange is null, no error is shown but the UI label shows nothing. Do you have a solution to this issue?

Would really appreciate if you can help me out.
    Thanks for the great asset.

21. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @huwastudio, thanks for the message. Please note that I do not respond to requests on weekends (except on private support). Otherwise I aim to reply to everything within 2-3 days.

1. I have never heard of this, could you further define "not recognized"? Is the script not loaded due to a script compilation error or what exactly does that mean?

2. If you enable "Fetch" on the product in Project Settings > Simple IAP System, the price displayed in the store will automatically be overwritten with the localizedPriceString when received from the Google / App Store.

3. Yes. If you do not want to override something for a specific store, you leave this blank. Then the global settings are used. You would use a store override e.g. if you product ID is "coins" on all stores, except on Steam which uses numbers as product IDs, therefore you would enable an override for Steam and enter a different product ID there. Documentation for that can be found here.

4. Could you please tell me how to reproduce this? If no exchange value has been defined, this would basically mean that the product is offered for free. What would you want to display on the UI label in that case? Generally, a product should always have a cost entry, regardless of it being offered on the App Store (for real money) or internally (for virtual currency).

22. huwastudio

huwastudio

Hi @Baroni , thanks for the reply.
    Got it about the reply system.

Thanks to your reply I think I'm now on the right track to solving the issues.
    As for question 1, I think I found the answer for this and currently testing a few things out.
    Really appreciate the support.
    Will let you know if I've got more questions.
    Thanks!

23. FT_Studio

FT_Studio

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting this to work with my Meta Quest 2 on the newest version.
    I followed all instructions carefully but always receive the error: "Unity IAP is not initialized correctly". The plugin cannot detect my IAP products but the IDs match.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, i spend the whole day trying to get this to work and would like to finish this rather sooner than later.
    Would you be so kind to give me refund? Then I would try to implement the Oculus IAPs myself.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  24. coltco

coltco

Hi,
    I recently started using your SIS integration for my unity game for steam, for simple IAP. However, after rigorously following your tutorial on your documentation site for the steam store setup, I have my game launching through steam, with the overlay coming up both on launch and on shift+tab, however, when I attempt to click one of the buttons to purchase (using your scene 02) I get the 'billing is not available' on screen and 'Unity is not Initialized correctly! check billing settings.' in the console. I have IAP manager and steam manager scripts both added to gameObjects in the scene, please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

25. Baroni

Baroni

Hello @FT_Studio, just to make this clear beforehand, as per Unity EULA there are no refunds for already downloaded assets. I have specifically ordered a Meta Quest 2 myself and reworked the integration and guide based on your (and other's) request, so while I understand you are currently frustrated, I am also a bit disappointed that you are considering going that route.

It would be helpful for me and others if we could figure out what's wrong with your project. However, I understand if you do not want to invest more time here. The Oculus store integration is based on Unity IAP interfaces, that's why it is required. It is the middleman between the Oculus Platform SDK and Simple IAP System, like other custom integrations such as PayPal, for easier maintenance and consistency. Unity IAP not receiving any product IDs usually means that your bundle identifier is incorrect (does not match) or the store connection does not work at all (e.g. wrong test user, app ID does not exist). Please let me know if you would like to continue working on this together to find out the issue.

Hi @coltco, did you also go over the "Unsolved Errors" list in the documentation? The list includes all points that are necessary for a successful integration, including a direct Steam Store URL where you can test your app ID and item ID are actually reachable from outside. I will not repeat every step, but please make sure to go over them and tell me the outcome, but also of the direct Steam Store URL mentioned. Thanks!

26. coltco

coltco

Thanks for the quick reply, After going through the points mentioned, I have met all requirements of the "Unsolved Errors" list in the documentation. However, when I load the steam store link as you mentioned, I get an access denied error. I can provide the store link if needed.

27. Baroni

Baroni

@coltco Thanks for following up! Difficult to say where that error comes from - did you login with your Steam developer account and are not using any VPN that could be blocked by Steam? Or using VPN/mobile data, some posts on the internet suggest that your internet provider could block Steam too...

28. coltco

coltco

Thanks again for the response, I worked more on troubleshooting, and now the steam direct store link is working as intended. I have also built my game to steam, and redownloaded it onto my system. The game starts with steam overlay(although no game title appears on launch), but in shift+tab menu it is showing i am playing it and playtime shows as well. However, when I try and initialize the purchase, I get these errors:

Unity IAP is not initialized correctly! Please check your billing settings.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    SIS.IAPManager:purchase (string) (at Assets/SimpleIAPSystem/Scripts/IAPManager.cs:396)
    SIS.ShopItem2D:purchase () (at Assets/SimpleIAPSystem/Scripts/ShopItem2D.cs:341)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:501)

and this debug log:

IAPManager reports: PurchaseFailed. Error: Billing is not available.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    SIS.IAPManager:OnPurchaseFailed (string) (at Assets/SimpleIAPSystem/Scripts/IAPManager.cs:692)
    SIS.IAPManager:purchase (string) (at Assets/SimpleIAPSystem/Scripts/IAPManager.cs:395)
    SIS.ShopItem2D:purchase () (at Assets/SimpleIAPSystem/Scripts/ShopItem2D.cs:341)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:501)

Thank you for your assistance on this issue,
    Colton

29. Baroni

Baroni

@coltco Thanks, slowly getting there! Since billing can still not be initialized, this still means that the Unity app > Steam backend connection is not working correctly. To speed this up I would like to offer looking into your Steam settings and trying them out with my local build (not modifying any of your settings). If you accept that offer, please add me to your Steamworks account as described on my Steam guide at the very bottom.

30. coltco

coltco

Sounds good, I have invited you on Steamworks and am looking forward to seeing what you can do. Thank you again for helping me through this issue.

31. WARZOOMCOM

WARZOOMCOM

Hello. Did you have a great weekend?
    I uploaded game on steam and it is live now.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2529580/WARZOOM
    Thanks for your support.
    Now I am uploading game on google play as well. Popup is showing but when I select payment method and click "1-tap buy", it says something went wrong.

upload_2023-9-19_14-44-38.png

upload_2023-9-19_14-44-53.png

Please explain about this issue. I will wait for you. Thanks.

32. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @WARZOOMCOM, congrats on your release on Steam!

The error message you are seeing on Google Play is not related to Simple IAP System or Unity IAP. It is Google who decides to deny your transaction, which could have several reasons. Since this is not an issue with your app but most likely with your Google account, you can do a search for the error:

https://support.google.com/googlepl...went-wrong-error-while-in-app-purchases?hl=en
    https://support.google.com/googlepl...le-play-is-showing-something-went-wrong?hl=en

Since this seems to be a real Visa card in your screenshot, have you tried publishing the app to Alpha or Beta and doing a test purchase, instead of a real purchase? The Google Play guide on my documentation pages describe how to do that.

33. Baroni

Baroni

Simple IAP System for Godot shaping up nicely :)

upload_2023-9-24_20-34-43.png

SuperMiro likes this.
  34. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Hi, So I just bought this awesome asset but I have one small questionm.
    I use gui pack that displays the coin shop as a popup and the Simple IAP asset only supports it as a separate scene.
    Is there a way to connect Simple IAP to the shop popup I made ?
    Without having SimpleIAP generate the text for me and stuff like that.
    All I want it is to handle the back end and the encryption via Anti Cheat asset and the validation.
    I do not need it generating menus for me in the front end

How can I make Simple IAP work back end only ?

35. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Also how can I increment the currency value when player collects coin from gameplay.
    In my own system before I implemented SimpleIAP I used PlayerPrefs to store the coins and I was going to use the secure ones from Anti Cheat asset

But it seems that SimpleIAP approach is different correct me if I'm wrong.

So How can I increment the coins value that is stored in IAP

Or decrement it

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
  36. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

37. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @SuperMiro, please note that I always try to answer on the same day, however creating multiple posts or pinging me does not speed up the response time.

The example scenes of Simple IAP System use the IAPContainer component that spawns all shop items from a category. You do not have to use that. You can also use your own UI and call public methods of Simple IAP System to initiate a purchase process manually. See the FAQ, point "Can I create my own button to purchase products and not use item prefabs?". It mentions SIS.IAPManager.Purchase(string productId).

The advantage to using Simple IAP System methods is that you can also spend them later. If you use your own PlayerPrefs, Simple IAP System is not aware of that. So if you try to buy something for coins, it will tell you that you have not enough coins - even if you do. Please see the programming page, the method you are looking for is DBManager.AddCurrency and DBManager.ConsumeCurrency.

38. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

First of all thank you for your support and quick response!

Second there was no intention to "Speed up the response time". The first two messages was me explaining and the third one with the ping because I thought you will not get a notification if I do not ping you that's all.

Again thanks for your response and time and thanks for making an awesome asset!

39. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

So if I use the add currency option to add the coins the player collected throughout the run will that also adjust the main coins that are connected to Simple IAP ??

Second thing, The Db Manager is protected if I implement the Easy Anti Cheat asset correct ?

Also where can I adjust where DBManager stores stuff like whether in a file or in playerprefs

40. Baroni

Baroni

If you use the DBManager, yes, that is used by the IAPManager internally for everything.

Yes.

On the IAPManager prefab where the DBManager component is attached to, in the inspector - there is a dropdown for that (see here) :)

41. SuperMiro

SuperMiro

Thanks a ton, You're awesome I will make sure to rate this epic asset 5 stars!

Edit: Just gave it 5 stars on the asset store even though you deserve 10!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
  42. Baroni

Baroni

Thank you very much for your very kind words and the review!

SuperMiro likes this.
  43. ishangill

ishangill

Hello sir. I want to know something from you.
    Today i has upload a my (test app bundle) on google play store for test IAP .
    I has upload in Internal test and with in 5 minutes app i has download the app from play store . But IAP not working.
    And also this warning shown in the editor. I attached the image here

Attached Files:

44. Baroni

Baroni

Hello @ishangill, first of all, testing for an App Store in the Unity editor is not useful at all, because the Unity editor cannot establish a connection to your App Store account. You have to test on an end user device.
    Second, the warning should be pretty self-explanatory: did you enable the checkbox "Enable Integration" as described in the install instructions (and pressed the Apply button)?

45. ishangill

ishangill

Thanks for reply sir . I forget to integration. Now i integrate and apply.
    only one error shown in console. I attached the image here. I think error related with ( Unity.Services.Core) but i search on package manager no this package is shown.
    And my unity version is 2020.3.48

Attached Files:

46. Baroni

Baroni

You are using a very old Unity IAP version, you have to update to at least 4.8.0 or above.

47. ishangill

ishangill

Hello sir.
    Recently before 2 hours I have upload my test app on play store in closed testing.
    But now when I test in my app then it shows
    NO ITEM IS AVALIABLE FOR PURCHASE.

Attached Files:

48. Baroni

Baroni

Publishing an app in the test track on Google Play for the first time can take up to 48 hours for it to be available internally. Please wait a day or two and in the meantime, check the points in the "Unsolved Errors" section. Especially:

- bundle package name matches in Unity and with the app created in Google Play
    - in-app purchase product IDs are entered correctly in Unity, in Project Settings > Simple IAP System > Products

49. ishangill

ishangill

Very thanks sir.
    One question more :
    How can i save and load the product Id to (google cloud) i am using google play games services for save game to google cloud.

50. ishangill

ishangill

I means save and load purchases to/ from google cloud . Not with real money .