Search Unity

Simple In-App Purchase System (SIS) - Shop solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baroni, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Which billing plugin are you using in combination with Simple IAP System?

1. Unity IAP

173 vote(s)
    86.5%
  2. Voxel Busters

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Stans Assets

13 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Prime31

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Baroni

Baroni

@Simmo76 Unfortunately there's nothing I am able to fix, because Unity needs to ensure that the UI looks the same across all devices. So please file a bug report, otherwise this won't be fixed by them ever.

2. ptcki

ptcki

One question when I change my platform to Standalone it displays warning that I am not on mobile device and that the plugin will not work? I am using unibill and submitting to mac store.

3. Baroni

Baroni

That should be fine, the warning is a leftover from porting shared code. Thanks for noticing.

4. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

Using the Horizontal scene. In the hierarchy, we have a set order of:

Window - Kites
    Window - Characters
    Header
    Window - Items

The order is the same that came with the scenes, I just changed the names. I ran it multiple times and it all worked fine. But then I moved the Window - Items so that the new order was:

Window - Kites
    Window - Characters
    Window - Items
    Header

But when I ran it, when I clicked on the Items tab, there are no items in display on that tab. When I moved the item to look like it was set originally:

Window - Kites
    Window - Characters
    Header
    Window - Items

The tab continued to fail in displaying the items :( What is going on? How can I fix it?

I don't know if this has to do with it, but I saw that the Window - Items, when ran, it has a container with the item that it is supposed to display, but it is missing some components that the other functioning container items have. I have uploaded a picture where you can check to see the missing components that I marked yellow. But again, I don't know if that is related.

To recreate the problem I have, just move ANY item in the hierarchy of the horizontal scene that has "Window - " on its name and you will see how the items will stop displaying, even if you put the order back to its original form. Your help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Attached Files:

5. Baroni

Baroni

You mean the HorizontalTabs scene I guess? Which Unity version and billing plugin? Working fine on Unity 4.6 if I re-order the hierarchy windows.

6. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

I have unity 4.6.1 using unibill. The group named items in this picture is the one that does not show up. These are in-game purchases.

Attached Files:

7. Baroni

Baroni

You've specified in-app purchases in the "In Game Content" tab and assigned an IAPItem to it? This can't work. Note how the type actually reads "Consumable Virtual". In app purchases have to go in the in app purchase tab, I'm not sure if I got you here.

8. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

Yes.... You are right , my bad. I meant in-game purchases, sorry for the typo

9. Baroni

Baroni

The newest version of Unibill requires Unity 4.6.2 - I wonder how you import it in 4.6.1 :D Still works for me with Unibill and dragging windows around. Did you check that you're using the IAPItem located under Prefabs/Horizontal, not Prefabs/Vertical; which should actually be IGCItem anyway...

10. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

I corrected the IGCItem thing, and that fixed up he empty components that were appearing on the container items. Now, when I say I am moving the hierarchy windows I mean the ones inside the canvas. I just proceeded to move the unaffected window tabs and they no longer work, so now I am left with no contents on my tabs :( I attached a picture showing the section in the hierarchy that if I move them it renders my tabs useless. Re arranging them to their original position does not solve the problem.

Attached Files:

11. Baroni

Baroni

@v.megar.v I can see that the message window is active in the hierarchy, yet it is not shown anywhere in the scene. I'm clueless why this could happen and can't reproduce it on my end. Please send me your project folder as a zip file via email for investigation. Your scene definitely isn't comparable to the sample scenes though - you're using both UGUI and NGUI in the same scene, along with custom gameobjects.

12. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

I think I found the issue. For some reason, in my version, when I move any window in the hierarchy, the Rect Transform scale is reset to zero and that is why I don't see the contents of the tabs. After setting the scale back to 1, I can see the contents again. I don't understand why moving the windows would affect the scale, but here it is. Thanks for the help! :)

Baroni likes this.
  13. Baroni

Baroni

Whew. :)

v-megar-v likes this.
  14. Baroni

Baroni

As announced a few times before, NGUI support has been dropped in favor of Unity UI to be more flexible when it comes to code changes and updates in the future. Support for Unity 4.6 will still go on for a while, until the user base has mainly moved to Unity 5.

Version 2.5.3 is live now.
    - All billing plugins: updated to support latest versions
    - Project: now compiles for webplayer platform too, but billing is
    still not supported on webplayers due to missing billing functionality
    - Project: removed NGUI-compatible package, as it is no longer supported

15. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @Baroni , it's possible to make a purchase outside shop scene, e.g: the player runs out of energy and need to buy'it for real money during gameplay ....can this be done ?

16. Baroni

Baroni

RoyalCoder likes this.
  17. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Thanks @Baroni , figured out now ;) !

18. El_boy

El_boy

Greetings. Is it required to have Unity Pro to use Simple IAP plugin?

19. Baroni

Baroni

Hi, no it isn't.

20. El_boy

El_boy

Thanks, but I'm somewhat confused. I need it for unity 4.6.5. This pack (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12343) says :
    "This extension requires one license per seat" - I assume this means I need Unity Pro?
    I just don't want to buy something I won't be able to use.

21. Baroni

Baroni

@El_boy this doesn't have anything to do with Unity Pro. Editor extensions are licensed per seat, which means per developer. Every developer working on a project needs one license. Other assets can be used across teams and projects. From the Unity Asset Store EULA:

22. El_boy

El_boy

Got it, thanks a lot for clearing that out. IAPs here I come ;)
    Cheers!

23. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi again @Baroni , I wonder if it's possible to have a discount option for all IAP products (e.g: 50%) ? Thx

24. Baroni

Baroni

You will have to ask Google/Apple for that. Simple IAP System just displays the prices defined in your app store. Or work around it by having a "full" product.

25. Baroni

Baroni

Open for discussion: How's the interest in payment methods for PC/webplayers (via Paypal) for Simple IAP System? You would obviously need a server and database to do the verification part and store savegames.

26. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi friends, I have a "curiosity" about creating (designing) ->restore purchase<- system, how this work, how to get starting ? thx in adv

27. Baroni

Baroni

Hey Dorin, what exactly do you want to know? There is a restore functionality already. Create a product with the id "restore" and it will be treated as a special instruction by the IAPManager. Documentation pdf, page 4. The sample scenes have this product too.

28. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @Baroni , I didn't know how the restore system works ;) a newbie questions, if the players will buy some stuff from my game for real money, then they will reinstall the game or will play on another device, connected with the same GooglePlay ID , when they will trigger the restore product from shop , all the purchased products will be received ? Thx

29. Baroni

Baroni

@D0R1N as long as they are non-consumable products, yes. Google or Apple do not support restoring consumable purchases (e.g. coins).

RoyalCoder likes this.
  30. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi @Baroni , I got a problem with SIS SimpleJson and another SimpleJson from a Facebook plugin in my project, if I remove one of them the SIS/FB will not work, the error I got:

Assets/Facebook Leaderboard Plugin/Plugin Scripts/Scripts (Used in Both Demos)/FacebookManager.cs(408,40): error CS1061: Type `SimpleJSON.JSONClass' does not contain a definition for `KeyAtIndex' and no extension method `KeyAtIndex' of type `SimpleJSON.JSONClass' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

*Is there a possibility to merge SimpleJson's , to work properly ? Thanks !

31. Baroni

Baroni

If this is indeed the same file, you could go over it and copy-paste missing variables and methods from one to the other - then delete the old one. Or use a different namespace and update all references to it.

32. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

I am using the horizontal containers but this happens with this just one tab, and it looks like this: (Check the Attachement) Any idea as to why????

Attached Files:

33. Baroni

Baroni

I really can't answer that by looking at your screenshot. Check that the GridLayoutGroup components on the Container gameobject correctly update (Cell Size x/y) and try to play around with the RectTransform's Width variable at runtime to see if that changes something. It is cleary visible that you've made some changes to the layout, so another option would be to run the default HorizontalTabs scene.

34. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

Solved: The UI Panel Stretch was unchecked on the container

35. TheoHo

TheoHo

Hi @Baroni , i got a question that google play send a error message back when i purchasing the test product and said i have to sign in google account and i need verification, but i already using a tester account.
    Can i solve it?

36. Baroni

Baroni

Hi @TheoHo, welcome to the forums.

The authentification message can be shown for various reasons. Make sure that:
    - your apk in Google Play is published as alpha/beta (wait 24 hours until it goes live)
    - your in-app purchases are published too
    - the bundle identifier in Unity matches the one displayed in Google Play
    - if the above doesn't help and you are having multiple google accounts on your device, try removing all of them except your tester account. This should only be the last resort.

37. gecko

gecko

We need this right now, actually. Any chance it would be in the works already?

38. Baroni

Baroni

I still have to do some research before implementing this, so it may or may not come this year. There are a few restrictions to get rid of before tackling major features and I wouldn't hold my breath if you need it right now.

39. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,
    Can Simple IAP be used on a webplayer at the moment, or be adapted to save to Mysql.
    I need a system for use on Facebook, and have been studying the canvas payments to just provide the payment method.

Regards

John

40. Baroni

Baroni

Hi John,

Simple IAP System runs on WebGL (demo in the first post, here) but does not include any payment options for web players at the moment, so you would need to integrate Facebook payments on your own. It stores in-app data in a single string (optionally encrypted) in PlayerPrefs, which could be sent to your web server. There is no login/player authentification system included though.

41. akhil96

akhil96

Hi,

which one is the best among two in various ways.
    1)simple iap system.
    2)simple iap system for soomla.

any major difference between the two?

42. Baroni

Baroni

Hi akhil,

the main difference is that SIS for SOOMLA is built for SOOMLA and will only work for that, as the name indicates. Both systems are on par feature-wise, so it depends on which billing plugin you want to use or if you own one already.

43. akhil96

akhil96

any security related differences between the two?

44. Baroni

Baroni

If your question was directed to hacking then no, both are using encrypted on-device storage and server-side receipt verification (optional, requires hosting the included php file on a server).

akhil96 likes this.
  45. Alex-3D

Alex-3D

Yes, it will be very interesting!

Baroni likes this.
  46. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hey Baroni,
    Why I get this error message:

Thanks !

47. Baroni

Baroni

Hi there, I haven't seen this yet and can't even tell which of the billing plugins does this - do you call any billing/initialization methods on your own or are there error logs on the device?

48. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Hi Baroni, I've downloaded the plugin, and I clicked on the free billing option in the editor. How do I know (open plugin) that it's been imported?

49. Baroni

Baroni

Hi! After pressing "Save/Import" in the setup window, an import window should show up where you have to press "Import" again. This imports the billing files for OpenIAB, but not OpenIAB itself. You have to download & import OpenIAB separately, otherwise an error shows up in Unity. There's a download link to it in the documentation pdf, or follow our getting started video tutorial on YouTube (recommended, because it explains some more things).

50. Dynamikey

Dynamikey

Thanks! How do I know if the billing files are there (where are they physically)? I have a suspiscion there're not. THanks