Search Unity

Simple In-App Purchase System (SIS) - Shop solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baroni, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Which billing plugin are you using in combination with Simple IAP System?

1. Unity IAP

173 vote(s)
    86.5%
  2. Voxel Busters

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Stans Assets

13 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Prime31

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. alexsan75

alexsan75

Hi again,
    now, SIS-based Shop in my game is ready, and I was going to test Real In-Apps (Android platform, Google Play), but.. it didn't worked :( When I tap one of the IAPs - nothing happens, at all! tried several times, all of them; Virtual IAPs works just fine!

I know I'm missing something, thought I went through all manuals and tutorials (both Unibill and SIS), but still something is wrong. I get this when I test/press on Real In-Apps in Unity Editor:
    "Calling purchase: com.company.1000goldcoins. You are not on a mobile device, nothing will happen."

Does this mean that is actually calling Unibill, but something is not active when testing on Android?
    When game starts I see 'UnibillBiller: onSetupComplete(True)'.

Things to check:
    -I have a correct Manifest in Plugins/Android
    -uploaded and published Alpha version of my game; it has been longer than 24 h ago
    -created and activated/published In-Apps items in Google Dev account; products IDs matches those in Unibill
    -created Google Groups, have test account - confirmed and see that I'm logged in as Tester on device, etc
    -created correct In-Apps in Unibill and imported into SIS

Q1: what am I missing? why don't I see any respond on my Android tablet? any help appreciated! Thanks.

Q2: product ID, this shall be in the following format -> com.company.1000goldcoins , correct?
    not just -> 1000goldcoins ?

2. Baroni

Baroni

Hi there,

This means that purchases for real money won't work in the editor.

Have you entered the correct bundle identifier? You can also send me your compiled apk for investigation, in case you couldn't find anything wrong.

Not necessarily, if your product in Google Play reads "1000goldcoins", it should be entered like that in Unibill's inventory too.

3. alexsan75

alexsan75

Thanks Baroni!
    it was indeed as you said - I changed that format com.company.1000goldcoins for Product ID in the Unibill's inventory to simply 1000goldcoins (as in Google Dev acccount), re-imported to SIS and everything worked! Awesome :) .. bundle ID was fine btw.

I just got confused a bit, that in the Unibill's Manual shows com.company.1000goldcoins format everywhere, should have tested different options, but most important thing - it's working and your SIS asset is a killer! :cool:

Baroni likes this.
  4. Baroni

Baroni

Version 2.4.2
    - NGUI-compatible version is now included in the main package (Plugin Setup)
    - NGUI version: IAPItem variable renaming to be identical with uGUI version
    - NGUI version: Scenes & prefabs re-designed to be identical with uGUI version
    - dropped support for Neatplug billing plugins

Attention NGUI users: an optional package for NGUI is now included (previously only available on request), what means that it needs Unity 4.6. too. Also a few variable names on the IAPItem component have changed for better understanding, which will require you to re-assign selected/deselected buttons on your custom IAPItem prefabs.

RoyalCoder likes this.
  5. MichaelTheGreat

MichaelTheGreat

I am getting a billing unavailable error and I put the google key code in the IAP manager, still not working.

6. Baroni

Baroni

What does the device log tell you? Did you verify that you meet all testing criteria: Google Android dev docs, (test accounts, bundle identifier, published app is actually live etc.).

7. MichaelTheGreat

MichaelTheGreat

"Error: No suitable appstore was found" is what I found in the log

But yeah, my app is live and I have a test account, bundle identifier is correct etc.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  8. Baroni

Baroni

Hmm I don't know what is causing this error without further info. Could you send me a small repro project via email?

9. MichaelTheGreat

MichaelTheGreat

Do you mean the APK or the Unity project?

10. Baroni

Baroni

@MichaelTheGreat
    A Unity project that reproduces this issue. Not your complete game.

11. MichaelTheGreat

MichaelTheGreat

I sent the project to the email

12. cadellinman

cadellinman

Attempting to use Simple IAP System with Unibiller for android, all I am trying to do at this point is get your demo scene working. On install I get a 'problem parsing the package' error; I have a feeling its down to the manifest.xml thing. Any ideas?

I followed the tutorial here, although of course that was for IOS and not android so it does not deal with the manifest.

13. Baroni

Baroni

@cadellinman
    Unibill creates a new AndroidManifest.xml file each time you select an Android billing platform in its Inventory Editor. Have you tried switching from Google Play > Amazon > Google Play? I've never experienced this error before.

Small fix-release for those of you who are experiencing issues with single-select items in uGUI:

Version 2.4.3
    - uGUI workaround for single selection items not deselecting other items
    - Stans Assets: updated to naming changes in iOS Native 5.5

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  14. cadellinman

cadellinman

still nothing, will not allow me to install a copy of the demo scene. I even stripped it down to just the 'allSelection' scene and the 'vertical' one, but still getting this parsing error on attempting to install the APK on an android device.

See if you get the same error... Its a 15mb file so i put it on mediafire. Probably worth it to check its not just my tablet. back here I am doing a factory reset of the tablet to see if that solves the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ahgg60rogj610us/ConnorSU13.apk

edit- factory reset did not solve issue. nor did removing my custom manifest.xml from the project files.

15. Baroni

Baroni

Your apk doesn't want to install on my device (Galaxy Nexus) either. Just to be sure: are you able to deploy your project without Unibill and/or SIS, or an empty project at all? If it's a general issue with deploying on Android, the internet could be of help in this matter. If it's indeed related to Simple IAP System, please send me a small repro project via email.

16. cadellinman

cadellinman

Oh it worked fine back when we were trying to do this with Soomla; it actually was working with Unibill/SIS while I was working on earlier versions of the project. It only broke towards the deployment end of development.

My project files- they're only about 9 mb.

17. Baroni

Baroni

@cadellinman
    I've downloaded them, but please remove the link immediately. Do not share assets here. That's why I've said "via email".

18. cadellinman

cadellinman

Sorry about that; I wasn't sure where to find your email. link is now down.

19. Baroni

Baroni

It's info [ at ] rebound-games [ dot ] com (found on our website, support email in the asset store or documentation pdf under "contact").

Looks like you've modified the default Unibill Manifest somehow, because it is mispelled as "Manifesst" and includes restrictions to only run on Android SDK 19. I couldn't even run it on my device because of this (running Android 4.3). Try the attached AndroidManifest instead, it's the one that I use in my Unibill projects. Further hints about Unibill manifest manipulations would be better directed at the Unibill guys I suppose.

Attached Files:

20. cadellinman

cadellinman

swapped out the broken manifest for your one, still no joy. I think I'm going to have to start over from scratch; i have no idea where this 'parsing the package' error is coming from. I'll redo that tutorial above and test at regular intervals to see if we can work out what is going on.

edit: redid everything from scratch the same way and it worked, no idea what went wrong. Thanks for all your help Baroni.

Baroni likes this.
  21. Dean-Kuai

Dean-Kuai

I got the same problem, the code should be modified to work correctly.

22. Baroni

Baroni

I'm checking this out at the moment and will edit this post in the next hours.

Edit: It is true that either the part how Unibill saves receipts or Apple handles them changed, but I haven't been able to figure that out yet. I'll investigate it further tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  23. Baroni

Baroni

Re: receipt verification on iOS using Unibill
    Unibill provides a receipt for the full app since a few versions, not individual transaction receipts, which have been deprecated for < iOS 7. I got a valid receipt from Apple's servers, but I need to modify the php file to handle it correctly. It'll take a few more days and will most likely be ready this month.

24. 8bitCartridge

8bitCartridge

RoyalCoder likes this.
  25. Baroni

Baroni

Thanks for the link and congratulations! I'll check it out and put a link to it somewhere if I have the time :)

8bitCartridge likes this.
  26. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi friends,

I wonder if someone developed an upgrading system using SIS , if you did please guide me how to acheive this, any suggestions or help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance !

P.S very nice game 8bitCartridge , really good work, will be the game available for android ?

27. Baroni

Baroni

@D0R1N what do you mean by upgrading system? Are you still trying to implement multiple levels with different prices for one item?

28. 8bitCartridge

8bitCartridge

Thank you D0R1N ! I'm not sure about android, right now I'm mainly focusing on iOS development, but then again android has a pretty big market too.

29. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Yes Baroni , I still trying to implement an upgrade system for itmes :( not sure how to make it work !
    Example:

30. Baroni

Baroni

Have you tried some of the suggestions I wrote here?

31. alexsan75

alexsan75

Hi Baroni,
    just wanted to share one screenshot from my recently updated game - 5 Vikings! :)

It's a snap from integrated In-Game Shop based on your cool SIS asset and Unibill asset.
    This is how I used your "Menu Template", but changed to my needs. It's working great! and we received some very good feedback; using both Real and Virtual items.

So far, this is only available for Android version (on Google Play), but I will proceed now with iOS and Amazon stores, might have some questions thought..

Thanks once again for Simple In-App System asset and your help with bugs! Really saved me lots of developing hours :)

Baroni likes this.
  32. Baroni

Baroni

Hey that's a really nice & clean shop design you have there! Thanks for the kinds words and much success with your app :) Let me know if you come across any problems on other platforms.

alexsan75 likes this.
  33. Baroni

Baroni

Version 2.4.4
    This small release contains a few convenience fixes for users letting the IAP Settings editor open during development, as well as an updated php script for receipt verification in combination with Unibill (and possibly other billing plugins in the future).

- IAP Editor window now reloads values while open on scene change
    - IAP Editor saves IAP/IGC data correctly on exit if left open
    - Prime31-NGUI: fixes missing prefab references in some example scenes
    - added new receipt verification php script for iOS7+ (use with Unibill)

34. iEpic

iEpic

Hi! I just purchased your asset and I have a question.
    I got everything working with the "Vertical" example scene. The problem I am having is, I need to be able to make the purchase while the current game is playing so I can continue playing from that spot without having to switch scenes to "Vertical" and lose my progress on my current level. My In-App purchases are extra continues so you don't have to restart the level. How would I go about setting this up? I tried using the load scene additive and then started running into problems and not even sure if that is the right way to go about it anyways.

35. Baroni

Baroni

Hi iEpic,

your shop doesn't have to be in a different scene, it can also be in your game scene. Just make sure that your Shop Manager prefab is in the scene you want to show your shop in, then activate/deactivate the root UI gameobject for your shop window (just like showing/hiding any other gameobject).

36. iEpic

iEpic

Thank you for your quick response!
    Now I'm having the problem of it not showing the items to buy inside the white box.
    Since I liked the vertical scene I made the Canvas, Eventsystem, and shop manager into prefabs and put them in my game scene. I also added the IAP manager to my first scene which is the level select sceen.
    When I run the Vertical scene there are 2 items showing up that aren't there when I try it in my game scene.
    The 2 items are "IAPItem 000" and "IAPItem 001" under Canvas>Window - IAP>ScrollView>Container.

37. Baroni

Baroni

The Shop Manager prefab saves scene-dependent components, porting it over from a different scene could cause the problem you are seeing. Delete the Shop Manager prefab you've created and try dragging the original Shop Manager prefab into the scene (it's under SIS > Prefabs in the project panel) and assign the connections again in the IAP Settings editor (parent and prefab).

38. iEpic

iEpic

It keeps saying "No ShopManager prefab found in this scene"
    I closed the IAP Settings window and re-opened it showed the (parent and prefab) but I'm not sure what to drag there. I put the Shop Manager prefab there, but when I ran it, it now says "No shop manager prefab found in scene" again.

39. Baroni

Baroni

"Prefab" is the IAPItem prefab that gets instantiated for each product (pre-defined ones under SIS > Prefabs > Vertical) and "Parent" is the gameobject in your scene they get attached to as childs. You can also have a look at the example scenes to see how they are built.

40. iEpic

iEpic

Ok I got it. Thank you so much for your help you have been awesome and I will give it 5 stars for sure now!

Baroni likes this.
  41. Baroni

Baroni

Virtual products are defined in the "In Game Content" tab for virtual currency, not in "In App Purchases" for real money (those specified on the App Stores).

42. iEpic

iEpic

OK. I thought maybe it was to test your purchases because when I click "buy" it just keeps saying that I'm not on mobile so nothing will happen. Is there anyway to test the purchases inside unity instead of having to build and run it on your device every time?

43. Baroni

Baroni

This isn't a limitation with our asset really, but with the billing plugins in particular. The Unity editor is not meant for simulating connections with the App Stores (Google/iTunes), so this won't work on non-mobile devices.

44. iEpic

iEpic

It wouldn't need to simulate a connection to the app store it would just need to pretend that the sale went through so I can see if my IAP Listener is doing what it's supposed too.

45. Baroni

Baroni

I'm not aware of any billing plugins doing that ;) Otherwise if Simple IAP System would just skip the actual billing part, testing in-app purchases won't make much sense anymore in my opinion. (virtual purchases for virtual currency can be tested in the editor)

46. iEpic

iEpic

Hey!
    So I kept having problems with the new unity UI, so I decided to uninstall SIS and start over using the NGUI.
    I followed the steps by first clicking the add NGUI package then I imported unibill.
    The problem I am having now is that there is no place to drag and drop any sprites for the icons in the IAP Settings.
    There used to be a spot right on the left side where I could drag and drop my sprites and now it's gone.
    Any way I can fix this?? I tried closing the IAP Settings window and re-opening Unity with no luck.
    Thanks again for all your help!

47. Baroni

Baroni

Hey, from the documentation (page 14):

48. tafer95

tafer95

(Sorry for my english, my language is spanish)

Hello, i am really angry because later of 24 hours trying put the system, this not work.
    i followed your tutorial step by step and this not work.
    I am using the openIAB system, i tried with all versions!, with some versions (old versions) i have this error:
    (I test in 3 divices with android, BlueStacks in my PC, a Samsung Galaxy Core and Alcatel Onetoch Idol Mini)

And with last versions i have this error:

I did one video for you showing how i install the systems and showing the error with the last version of OpenIAB:

49. Baroni

Baroni

Hi tafer,

thanks for the screenshots and video. Please also make sure that:
    -you are using the same bundle identifier in Unity (under build settings) as displayed in Google Play
    -you've created test accounts in Google Play and are logged in with this account on your device
    -the app is published as alpha/beta in Google Play (takes a few hours to take effect)
    -you only test on the device

Let me know if this solves the problem.

50. Zybrion

Zybrion

Hey Baroni,

I have just a quick question regarding the scaling of the items. Take a look here: http://imgur.com/a/gLdh2

The coins, armory and exit buttons and so on are scaling properly with the resolution. The items inside though stay the same size no matter what.
    I have worked before with anchors and tried some things with them but nothing worked.
    I just want the items to be the same size (proportional) no matter what resolution the user has. So for example it should look like in the first picture on every resolution.

If I am able to get everything working I will definitly leave a review!

Thank you
    Zybrion

Falls es hilft können wir auch in deutsch kommunizieren :D