Search Unity

Simple game is extremely lagging

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Rotzak, Aug 13, 2018.

1. MeadowGames

MeadowGames

Don't mean to revive an old thread but I had the same problem and thought I'd shed some light on how I fixed it. My project is running Unity 2018.4.26f1. After upgrading from Unity 5.4 which was completely stable stupid stupid decision I noticed the same exact jitter glitch delay and spike in the profiler. After hours and days searching the forums the internet I found the answer by simply opening the package manager and removing the "Unity Ads" from my project. I systematically removed and reloaded dozens of assets with the problem persisting but after stumbling on "Unity ADS" and deleting the stutter was gone.

2. MeadowGames

MeadowGames

upload_2020-10-3_19-0-45.png
    I spoke to soon. I still have the CPU spike after removing Unity Ads but the interval has decreased drastically since. Every 30sec - 1 min. I get this werid jump. Its playable but physiologically unacceptable.

3. usninja

usninja

Well? is there any solution for this jittering in 2021, i have the same issue on a simple 2d project, i use pools and i instantiate at start, then reuse, that doesn't seem to be the problem

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Of course, but jittering can be caused by a wide variety of things. The OP doesn't appear to have used the Profiler against a build on the target device, so it is hard to speculate if there was some performance issue popping up there. But that's usually a good place to start. Also look at your object movement and camera movement code. A common source of jitter for example, is moving the camera before moving objects the camera is supposed to follow..

5. andreydoku

andreydoku

That fixed my issue. Ty so much :)