Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Simple game for Charity

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Vinzvt, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Vinzvt

Vinzvt

Hi there,

First of let me introduce myself. My name is Vinz and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a student at the TU Delft currently working on my master degrees. I don't have a lot of experience with Unity, I only tried some of the tutorials but I'm certainly not a good game designer, programmer or anything like that at all. At the moment I'm setting up a charity event for next summer. We are going to cycle from the Netherlands to Croatia via 5 different European capitals. A tour of 2300 kilometers. The goal of this tour is to raise money for the dutch Heart association (www.hartstichting.nl). We are not the first ones to do so, last year a group of students from Groningen cycled to Rome (they raised €30.000,-) and the year before another group went form Groningen to Barcelona (total of €24.000,- raised). So we are the third edition of this event, under the name of "Heart to Handle foundation". For more information about the Heart to Handle foundation please check the spoiler below. At the moment we are right before the launch of our website and our social media accounts, planned next week.

My idea is to publish a very simple game for promotion of our foundation. In the app store and google play store you find a lot of clicker games nowadays. My thought was to publish a similar clicker game but with a fundraising theme. E.g. the first stage of the game you only have a small collecting box which you can click, proceeding you can upgrade the box to a bigger box and more money per click, just like all the other clicker games out there. For promotional purposes it would be nice to have a daily/weekly/monthly leaderboard to make it more competitive (since it will probably be played mostly by people we know).

Since we are a charity foundation our financial resources are of course limited (we wish to donate the money for heart disease research). However I'm we can work something out with sharing of profits of the game (which can be made by in game purchases or ads). Our part of the profit will all be put into the Heart to Handle foundation.

Last year the total reach of the Heart to Handle Foundation was around 12000 people via social media. Since we will still have the followers of last year and we will add new

So my question is if there is a unity game developer who is interested in working together on this project? Or does somebody knows another way to search for developers who might be willing to work together?

The Heart to Handle foundation is founded by a dutch student from Groningen. She lost her father at a very early age to a sudden heart disease. To turn this negative event into something positive she decided to do something "crazy" and she decided to organize a cycling tour to Barcelona to raise money for the dutch Heart Foundation. In the summer of 2014 she reached Barcelona with 4 other girls and they raised a total of €24.000.

Two years later her little sister pursued the foundation. She cycled with a group of 4 male and 4 female students to Rome.

With a few people in Delft, all good acquaintances to different people from the first two Heart to Handle editions, inspired by the great cause of the first editions we decided to organize a Delft edition of the Heart to Handle foundation. Our route will take us form Delft via Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Zagreb to our end destination Split, at the Croatian coast.

2. DevinW

DevinW