Search Unity

Simple Animator stuttering

Discussion in 'Animation' started by dasoe, Apr 21, 2022.

1. dasoe

dasoe

Hi all,

I have a simple animator animation (only position and rotation change) of an imported fbx, which sort of stutters. Not badly, but still it's not a smooth motion. My (scripted) Movement of Camera is perfectly smooth, though. I read everything I found about Animator stuttering and tried stuff to no avail.

To debug and compare, I set up a new HDRP-Project, deleted everyting from example scene but the Player controller (also disabled movement and looking scripts). Then I imported my (simple) fbx, added it to scene (scale 1), added an (only-position-) animation with animator component. This seems a rather basic setup, but I see the same stuttering.

All settings are from HDRP-example-Poroject, but seem fine. 60fps in project settings as well as on animaion, timestep 0.02. My machine is rather powerful.

I would be happy for any hint.
    thanks and have a good day!
    oe

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  2. dasoe

dasoe

Just to inform you: I scripted my Animation now instead of using Animator - it is beautifully smooth now. So while I still think this is strange and I probably just am overseeing something, I am happy with the result.