Search Unity

Simple and free documentation editors

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by qcw27710, Jul 9, 2019.

1. qcw27710

qcw27710

I'm looking for easy to share with developers (freelance, not on site), easily editable, easily to be copied.

MkDocs crashes on my computer. It misses certain component, but even after installation it still fails. Paid version is required for more advanced features, which I crucially need. Freelancer is definitely not going to pay for it.
    EsDoc does what I need, but either after I pay them or publicly, I feel safer when it's part of my Asset folder for now. Additionally they require npm, which is Node.js, which wouldn't be an issue if it didn't generate those docs automatically.
    Daux.io requires PHP and Composer, first shouldn't be a problem, but I have no idea how to potentially troubleshoot the second. Furthermore I don't even know if developer would know it themselves.
    Phpdoc.org same as above.
    Sphinx-doc requires "pip" to work, which is Python. I don't think visual aesthetic (how painless it is on the eyes) matches the struggle of getting Freelancer to install it, much less look at it daily with ease.
    VBDOX almost looked it, but it only works for VBScript.
    Doxygen automatically generates documentation, but I need to fill these data myself.
    PicklesDoc uses it's own niche coding "When", "Then" etc.
    I could go on and on, I was somewhere on 4th page.

I could use Visual Studio's
    summary
    , but that bloats the code. I was hoping there would be a Markdown/HTML editor which would allow me to create documentation per class and put it in easily explorable dropdown menu.

Is there a documentation software you could recommend me?