Search Unity

Simple 2D Triggers Not Working

Discussion in 'Physics' started by fsoufi, Aug 26, 2015.

1. fsoufi

fsoufi

Hello,
    I searched a lot about my problem all i found issues were addressed in 2013 and fixed in unity v4.5, however my problem still exist.
    I am doing a very simple 2 sprites (bullet and a spaceship) with 2Drigidbody (for velocity movement) (isKinmatic disabled on both) and with 2D polygon colliders marked both as triggers.
    I used :
    Code (csharp):
    2.  public void OnTriggrEnter2D(Collider2D collision)
    3.     {
    4.         Debug.Log(collision.gameObject.name);
    6.        // if (collision.gameObject.tag == "Enemy")
    7.         //{
    8.             //Instantiate(spark, transform.position, transform.rotation);
    9.         //}
    10.         // Destroy(this.gameObject);
    12.     }
    I had high hopes to get it to work from the first time .. but then I commented out all the action of sparks / explosions, yet not even debug.log is working
    what am I doing wrong ?!

2. gorbit99

gorbit99

You wrote OnTriggrEnter instead of OnTriggerEnter. Notice the e missing?

fsoufi likes this.
  3. fsoufi

fsoufi

oh god, this thing got me insane yesterday, I am at work atm, so I will check it when i get back to my house.
    and for the info, I didn't write it myself, I used *implement something something* from visual studio, and it writes the function for me, I wonder how did it miss spell o_O

4. gorbit99

gorbit99

Maybe the unity plugin for vs is wrong, try to see, if they updated it.

5. fsoufi

fsoufi

Hi thanks for your help it is working fine now, not it is not wrong , i must have deleted e by mistake ? .. and maybe i then copied the whole method and started pasting it instead of using (implement monobehavior).