Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Sim Game Help

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Zombie_Expert, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Zombie_Expert

Zombie_Expert

I am planning on making a Sim game like The Sims but with different ways and features. I have no knowledge on scripting but have experience in level design. I am looking for help on setting up scripts for the needs and how/what to do for the HUD an what not.

2. Annihlator

Annihlator

... the question seems quite generic.

But if you're planning to make a sim game and know nothing about scripting to begin with, i'd like to warn you that can be one hell of a journey.

I would suggest going to this site (http://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/) and following their basic scripting tutorials,
    it should cover most basics like instancing, referencing and modifying objects and prefabs.

Also the unity platformer tutorial is a quite good tutorial to take a dive in the deep and get some quite quick hands-on action with prefabs.

You can also go the way of using visual scripting libraries, but for a sim i think it would be better if you write your own system in terms of handling variables and data between the objects.

When you're ready to get involved with more difficult routines, i personally found UnityGems.com a very good source for AI and automation.