Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Silicon Gun Physics

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Gokcan, May 28, 2018.

1. Gokcan

Gokcan

Hi everyone

I want to make a silicon gun liquid physics. I searched a lot and could not find a way to do it. Does anyone have any idea how to make it simply? Thanks

2. Tset_Tsyung

Tset_Tsyung

Hi Gokcan,

I must admit, I'm a noob in these parts (generally stick to the beginners section).

Could you provide some more information? What do you mean by a silicon gun liquid physics? Do you mean an in-game gun that acts like a silicone sealant gun that you run around the edge of your bath?

Gokcan likes this.
  3. Gokcan

Gokcan

Hi Tset_Tsyung
    I want to do exactly what u say.

4. Tset_Tsyung

Tset_Tsyung

Hi Gokcan (sorry been at friends all day),

I'm just gonna spitball some ideas here (Will do research tomorrow), but you may not need too much physics here - depends on the application.

For example, let's say that you're making a plumbing game where the player can apply sealant around a bath (following along with our 'silicone sealant' idea). The actual 'blob' at the end of the nozzle can be animated separately from anything else and merely be part of the "Gun Animation Overlay" (or however you want to do it), with the sealant applied to the bath be a procedurally built mesh (not TOO hard, have messes with this myself) that takes where the cursor is aimed to create the next set of vertices.

However, if you want actual dripping physics, where bits separate from each other when gravity is applied ( something like hydrophobia's system), then I believe you would want to look into something called "Water Physics".
    I found that this post (https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ce=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa), referenced some good articles (which I will look at).

The first article link was to this (https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...sh-with-dynamic-2d-water-effects--gamedev-236) - I had a quick look, and the demo vid looked promising.

Of course, I could be going WAY off course here.

Is there an aimation, video or game that you're taking some inspiration from for what you want?