Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Signing into Unity account on Unity 5 behind proxy

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SivakaneshBV, Jun 15, 2015.

1. SivakaneshBV

SivakaneshBV

My PC is behind a proxy. I have just installed Unity 5.1.0f3.
    Install was fine. I'm now trying to open it. I get the sign in dialog. When I try to sign in through this dialog I get a message saying "Service not available, please try again later.".

Has any one come across this? Are you able to help please?

Jeoffrey, wong33353 and DeadZero like this.
  2. DeadZero

DeadZero

Same Issue

3. darkhog

darkhog

Same here and I'm not even behind a proxy!

4. ntwinter

ntwinter

Same Issue also behind proxy. Need this resolved ASAP as it's holding up our project.

5. JagexLTD

JagexLTD

We are also having the same issue - we are behind a proxy and have done numerous Wireshark captures to troubleshoot. However there's no clear indicator of network traffic getting blocked. We have also tested this on a non-proxy machine and Unity works fine.

6. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

Hi there, you are on Windows?
    Could you please check if you have proxy environment variables in your system (http_proxy and https_proxy)?
    Thanks a lot.

7. kewlfrogz

kewlfrogz

Was this ever resolved?

8. sergiotenorio

sergiotenorio

The same problem here... Any answer?

9. JagexLTD

JagexLTD

10. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning Unity Technologies

Could you post a screenshot of what the screen you are seeing.

Try deleting your license file (or moving it out of it's folder so you still have it just in case), make sure you are allowing Unity to run through your Proxy and try activating again. Otherwise, disconnect from the internet and see if you can work offline.

If you are still having issues, contact support@unity3d.com and they can go through it with you in greater detail.

11. dokokano_panda

dokokano_panda

I was able to resolve the issue in the following ways.

Before:
    http_proxy=proxy.sample.com:8080

After:
    http_proxy=http://proxy.sample.com:8080

12. blixtblixt

blixtblixt

I have the same issue
    Installment was fine, when i open unity this pops up telling me to sign in:
    This pops up.PNG
    And when I try to sign in it says this: Problem.PNG I'm not behind a proxy, and I don't have any idea what's going on!
    Please help me!

13. MorbidManatee

MorbidManatee

I have the exact same issue. I'm not behind a proxy. I submitted a bug report a day or two ago, but I imagine there are a lot of bug reports they have to go through on a daily basis.

14. OregonPete

OregonPete

I'm having the same issue. I'm on a Windows 7 (SP1) 64-bit machine. Internet works fine. I can work offline (did the load license offline trick), but I can't sign in to my account while in Unity, so I can't download any of the assets required for the tutorials since they require Unity to be online.

I'm also getting a lot of these errors in the Unity console:

Instantiation of FMOD effect type xx failed
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:SetLoadedEditorAssemblies(Assembly[])
    Socket: unable to create socket, error: The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.
    (0)
    Socket: set reusable addr failed, error: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
    (0)

I was able to work through the Roll a Ball tutorial since that didn't require downloading any assets, but now I'm stuck.

I would really appreciate a resolution to this problem.

15. OregonPete

OregonPete

I just checked the log file and I'm listing it here for your convenience:

LICENSE SYSTEM [2015711 11:7:12] No start/stop license dates set

LICENSE SYSTEM [2015711 11:7:12] Next license update check is after 2015-07-09T07:10:27

Built from '5.1/release' branch; Version is '5.1.1f1 (2046fc06d4d8) revision 2115324'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    OS: 'Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit' Language: 'en' Physical Memory: 16366 MB
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[2] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityScript'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1436630540 current 1436638032
    EditorUpdateCheck: Failed Could not resolve host: (nil); Unrecoverable error in call to nameserver
    [CEF] Service not available, please try again later. in file:///C%3A%2FProgram%20Files%2FUnity%2FEditor%2FData%2FResources%2FHome/src/pn-login/login.js at line 96

As always, any assistance would be appreciated.

Oh, and I'm NOT behind a proxy.

16. JagexLTD

JagexLTD

For anyone still experiencing this issue - we are still troubleshooting but can anyone see if running Unity 5 as an administrator allows you to then log in past the 'Service Unavailable' screen? We have found that as an admin account this will work, suggesting the logon process needs admin access to a component of the Unity installer.

esio tavares1 likes this.
  17. JagexLTD

JagexLTD

We have found a solution which will hopefully help a few of you. However it will only affect those that are behind a proxy environment.

For us it was the http_proxy and https_proxy user environment variables we had set to our proxy server, initially put in for the Unity 4 Asset Store to work behind a proxy. As per release notes of Unity 5.1, the Unity asset store doesn't work behind a proxy. Once we removed these variables, we were able to log in fine without the unhelpful 'Service Not Available' message. Annoyingly it means anyone using Unity 4 AND 5.1 will have a bit of a problem.

Hope that helps someone!

eres_j and jterry like this.
  18. Jeoffrey

Jeoffrey

I am admin on my computer and it still doesn't work.

19. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Unity Technologies

20. OregonPete

OregonPete

My account is admin, I'm NOT behind a proxy, and I still get the "Service not available, please try again later" message. I am able to work offline, but I can't download any assets since Unity doesn't recognize my internet connection. All other applications (including Visual Studio) work just fine and are able to get internet connections. It's actually quite frustrating, because Unity is a great product.

21. koukun

koukun

Thank you

22. Ryan-Penning

Ryan-Penning

still not working, is there to get a manual license activation without using the unity exe but instead through a web browser?

23. Aurore

Aurore

Are you able to report this as a bug and also try creating a new project or opening a projects through the command line, it should bypass this screen. http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

It will open the editor and then you can close the welcome screen and use Unity.

24. nbfp

nbfp

Hi,

I had the same login problem and accidentally managed to bypass it and access asset store. Just in case it helps others, here is what I did.

- Started to work offline.
    - Opened unity asset store in web browser and logged in.
    - From browser I chose an asset and clicked open in unity.
    - Now unity opened the asset store and although I wasn't able to load the store before, it now asked me to login in a different screen than shown here before.
    - And that is it. Unity logged me in just fine and everything works.

Running windows vista and using mobile hotspot to access internet.

25. Eyeri

Eyeri

This started happening to me when I upgraded from Win7 to Win10; Unity was running smooth even with a cheap built in Intel HD Graphics card.

After I solved the crashing bug at the welcome screen because of conflicts with Lavasoft components, I ran into a re-licensing issue. When the sign-in screen appeared in the unity welcome window, it would not let me in with a "Service not available" message, so I did licensing manually without a hassle, but that didn't solve my problem. I tried the different approaches I read through in other threads, but to no avail.

I am able to work offline, yet I cannot access the unity asset store. So I thought I'd file a proper bug report, but Unity seems to not be detecting my connection, or it will not let me use this feature unless I am logged in, returning the message: "Host editorbugs.unity3d.com not found."

Not behind a proxy...

Thank you in advance for your time and input.

26. AGabel

AGabel

I just got the Unity 5 Pro license and am behind a proxy and a firewall. However, I can bypass the proxy with a companys workaround tool, which gives me a little more access to the Asset Store, as it does not say "You are currently offline" anymore, but leaving me with an endless loading screen. I think this is because, I can not log in to my account in the first place, as shown on the screen shots above by blixtblixt. It's very frustrating, everything seemed to work with Unity 4.5. When will this be getting fixed? Is the 5.2 beta any help?

27. Haw

Haw

I am on a Linux laptop and I've got the same problem

28. Aurore

Aurore

29. althor1170

althor1170

I just downloaded the free version on my personal computer, signed up for an account, and I get this same error message. Honestly, it makes we want to uninstall and experiment with something else. Is there a fix for this?

30. Cpullma1

Cpullma1

This is happening to me and I can only work in Unity on offline mode. No matter what I do, it won't let me log in. This is frustrating and no one from unity seems to know what to do.

31. SuperMadao

SuperMadao

Hi,
    I am an individual developer on windows 10 and having the same issue this morning and just now. I am not behind a proxy, and my isp is shaw cable. How can I get into unity 5?

PS: I cannot use my unity 4 any more either, saying the license issue detected! I could not reactive it (reason: Serial was never activated on this computer), but I used it fine before I upgraded to win 10.

I prefer using unity 5, so please let me know what I should do to fix it.

Thanks,

32. FrederikVerhoef

FrederikVerhoef

I am behind a proxy as well, and was having the same issue - Unity wouldn't connect (and in offline mode the Asset Store wasn't available). I was able to resolve this by *removing* the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables - both login and Asset Store work fine now without those variables. So it looks like Unity 5.2 uses the system proxy rather than reading out those variables.

33. Bonkers1234

Bonkers1234

I am still having the issue in unity 5.2.0

cyanbaltazar and CarlB like this.
  34. CarlB

CarlB

This whole proxy/firewall problem that started with 5 is really making my work situation difficult. It reflects poorly on me and on Unity because I was the one who recommended buying Unity (4.6, which worked by placing the proxy info in a BAT file) in the first place. It's been a problem for months and reported in many different ways by many different people. I cannot imagine that Unity is not aware of the problem. It needs to be addressed soon. And I need confirmation that it has been fixed before I will ever be able to convince our IT folks that it is worth the time and effort to download, run security reviews and bringing inside the firewall again for me to try to get it to work as advertised. I was mostly impressed by Unity 4.6, but 5+ and Unity support have been rotten.

35. Xylophoyx

Xylophoyx

Same problem. No proxy bullshit / have tried running as administrator same thing. How have you guys not resolved this yet?

36. juicycleff

juicycleff

******************SOLUTION FOR BEHIND PROXY USERS**********************
    1. use winhttp to setup your proxy by setting it up to collect the address from internet explorer. If you don't know how to do this tell me I'll send a link.

2. remove http_proxy and https_proxy from your environmental vairables.

3. Close unity and restart it. Problem solved. I use it behind proxy with Unity 5.2.0

bhag singh likes this.
  37. avi_aryan

avi_aryan

38. juicycleff

juicycleff

http://superuser.com/questions/489527/how-can-i-configure-proxy-settings-for-all-apps-system-ie-etc

-----------------------------------Run this command-----------------------------------------
    Start CMD with admin privilege and copy and paste this inside "netsh winhttp import proxy source =ie" without quotes, and hit enter

Note: Goto internet options from control panel. Then in the connections tab, Click "Lan Settings" and enter your proxy server. This must be done before running the command.

39. CarlB

CarlB

I tried Juicy's plan but still get the same results: Unity thinks it's off-line. Is there a Unity tech person that can provide some guidance here? Unity 5 is looking like a bust for use behind our firewall and they don't really seem to care. Some official "this is what you need to do to fix the problem" info would be great here.

40. SLock81

SLock81

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. This used to work in Unity 4, but now doesn't in Unity 5. I currently am using Unity 5.1.3f1.

I've tried everything everyone has said, but nothing works.

41. loby

loby

Hello guys,

I had the same problem. I tried a lot of things, then I decided to watch the Unity's network communication to find the reasons. So I started Fiddler2, then runned Unity as an administrator, and then.. Everything worked fine hehe.
    Somehow fiddler fixed the network for Unity, despite of Fiddler is a proxy :)
    After that I closed Fiddler and everything worked.
    It worked for me, so give it a try.
    (Maybe it works with Charles too, I didn't try it)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Powderek and tonyBkln like this.
  42. nakaz99

nakaz99

Same Issue also behind proxy.
    I tried #11.
    I was able to resolve the issue in the following ways too (#11).

Before:
    HTTP_PROXY=proxy.xxxx.com:8080
    HTTPS_PROXY=proxy.xxxx.com:8080

After:
    HTTP_PROXY=http://proxy.xxxx.com:8080
    HTTPS_PROXY=https://proxy.xxxx.com:8080

kurtdog likes this.
  43. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

This thread also contains some suggested solutions.

44. tonyBkln

tonyBkln

This. Million time this. This problem was driving me insane... Now I installed and launched Fiddler2, selected an option to decrypt HTTPS traffic, and to Trust Fiddler certificate. Then Unity works like a charm! As long as Fiddler is running, all is hunky-dory.

Now, Fiddler b!tches about some untrusted certificates- see attached pic. I just click "Ignore" to them, and it moves on, with Unity along for the ride, moving on its merry way; fat, dumb, and happy, Asset Store and all.

Once the Fiddler is closed, my Asset Store and Unity Login again lose their collective wits, being perpetually stuck, apparently unable to process their own "untrusted certificates".

So the problem is in the "busted" certificates, which cause Unity be stuck in a limbo, and which Fiddler happily snatches and devours before Unity gets a chance to see them and get confused. Nice job, Unity Team! Pls post this workaround online until you figure out a better solution. I never had this problem in Unity 4.6, and I don't have a FW.

Million thanks to loby!

Attached Files:

EdgardoG likes this.
  45. Orrib

Orrib

jtputz's answer worked for me after nothing else worked:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/987896/i-cant-log-to-unity-51-on-windows-8.html

erreur404 likes this.
  46. erreur404

erreur404

47. Dink4321

Dink4321

I've got the same problem on os x. Anyone manage to find a fix for os x?

48. speckpgh

speckpgh

I am seeing this on my windows 7 machine as well... went through the manual licensing process, and still cannot log in with unity 5... unity 4 works fine on the same machine with same unity account. All I can do is work offline in unity 5...

Has this been resolved? This is really crazy.

49. Powderek

Powderek

WOW Big Thanks! How to fix "Service not available, try again later." issue advenced tutorial:
    - Install Fiddler
    - Open Fiddler
    - Open Unity
    - Sign into Unity
    - xD

50. hoffmanuel

hoffmanuel

erickwarui28 likes this.
unityunity