Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Signaling URL keeps changing to ws://localhost in all examples?

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by CloudyVR, Nov 19, 2021.

1. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

When I run
    webserver.exe -w
    on a second PC and start the Broadcast example, then try connecting the Receiver example by setting signaling URL as ws://192.168.0.101 to point to my second PC I see immediately after pressing play the Signaling URL field becomes ws://localhost

What is the purpose of Signaling URL? Is it possible to enter a remote IP address of a PC running the server?

After pressing Start in the receiver example the Unity log prints:
    Signaling: WS is not connecting. Unable to send message
    Signaling: WS connection closed, code 1006

Can someone please help me understand how to setup the examples so that Receiver on PC1 can connect to the Broacast from PC2?

When I run the Broadcast and Receiver examples on the same PC they connect and I can see the render stream. But I am puzzled how any of this works beyond the localhost. What do I need to setup or configure to allow PC1 and PC2 to communicate and stream video or rendering from one project to another?

Also I am wondering if it is possible to skip the webserver step entirely, and just have PC1 call PC2 and connect directly??

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  2. kazuki_unity729

kazuki_unity729

Unity Technologies

How about the WebBrowserInput sample on browser?
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.renderstreaming@3.1/manual/sample-browserinput.html

CloudyVR likes this.
  3. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021