Search Unity

Signal Receiver trigger problem

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by zIyaGtVm, Apr 20, 2020.

1. zIyaGtVm

zIyaGtVm

Hi, I'm using Timeline and signals in 2019.3.
    In my use case the signal receiver only triggered when it is on the same gameobject which has a Playable Director.
    Are there any restrictions for signal receiver so that it can be triggered properly?
    Such as receiver should on the playableDirector GameObject? Receiver and PlayableDirector should in the same scene? Or the receiver's GameObject must be bind to timeline signal track source?
    In my opinion the signal emitter behaviour is more like broadcast, any gameobject could receiver the timeline signal by add a Receiver component which keeps a reference to SignalAsset(like the picture below)
    eg.png
    Am i missing anything? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Use a signal track and you can specify who should get the signals emitted by the track in binding.

Receiver and playable director still need to be in the same scene however. You could also create a custom receiver that would rebroadcast the signal however and to whomever you like.

3. zIyaGtVm

zIyaGtVm

Thanks seant, do you mean signal receiver will only receive signal from track binding?Default setting does not support receiving signals from other GameObject even in the same scene? (ObjectA play timeline, Object B receive, signal asset reaction won't trigger)

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes -- the receiver is has to be known by the timeline, either as a track binding, or if the signals are on the header, the playable director itself.

zIyaGtVm likes this.
  5. zIyaGtVm

zIyaGtVm

Ok I understand now:)
    Btw is there any method/api get the SignalEmitters on SignalTrack just like common one "TrackAsset.GetClips()".

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

GetMarkers() will give you all markers, and you can cast them to signal emitters,

zIyaGtVm likes this.