Search Unity

Feedback Signal is not emited in scene loaded additively

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by URocks, Oct 28, 2019.

1. URocks

URocks

In sceneA I have on awake timeline animation and when it finish it emits signalX.

I set up sceneB and I made gameobject that receive this signalX.

But in gameplay when I am in sceneB and I load sceneA additionaly (i also set my sceneA active from settingManager), the animation in sceneA plays, but my still loaded sceneB gameobject with signal receiver doesnot get the signalX

Why it is not working, the signal is asset like sctiptable object and I am connecting it inside receiver, do you have some ideas?

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

The object in sceneB needs to bound to the track in the timeline to receive the signals emitted from it. If the signals are part of the timeline asset, they are received by the playable director. Because timeline/playable directors don't support cross scene referencing you need to a script call to bind the object in sceneB to the playableDirector sceneA.

3. URocks

URocks

I thought the purpose of the separate asset for the signal is for these kinds of situations, now again I don't see the point to have a separate asset if it doesn't work for these cases...

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

The separate asset lets the same signal be used more than one, either within the same timeline, or within multiple timelines.

It is an interesting proposition to have all receivers with that signal receive the event though. That likely wouldn't be a difficult script to create, perhaps someone else on here has already done it.

URocks likes this.
  5. URocks

URocks

I also think it will be even more useful that way, maybe it can be updated in that way by Unity ;-)