Search Unity

Sign in with google not possible in Unity Editor

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Googoobachoo, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Googoobachoo

Googoobachoo

On the website id.unity.com I can choose to sign in with google. I have access to everything including collaborate.
    When I start Unity I do not get a sign in with google option. The application asks me to sign into my user account. I enter my google username and passwort which is unknown to the application "Invalid email".
    Hence I cannot access the collaborate features from inside the Unity Editor. How do I sign in with google inside the Unity Editor?

GuruJeya14 likes this.
  2. MattT5

MattT5

Really? Your 'sign in' window doesn't look like this?

upload_2019-3-1_11-15-3.png

3. Googoobachoo

Googoobachoo

hmm, no, looks like below. I only have the personal edition. Could that be reason?

unityeditorsignin.png

4. MattT5

MattT5

Hm, strange. I don't think it's a Personal Edition problem, although that screenshot was from a Plus Edition.

At least your Unity is greeting you. Mine doesn't do that!

5. MattT5

MattT5

At home, mine looks like this:
    upload_2019-3-2_19-54-3.png

6. zereda-games

zereda-games

ahah are they the same unity version?

Older versions didn't have the google log in. I have 10 versions on my PC some have window A and others have window B

7. MattT5

MattT5

Well, 2018.3.5f1 doesn't doen't sound that old... But if upgrading to 2018.3.6f1 solves this (even though Unity no longer greets you), then happy days

8. MattT5

MattT5

Meh, don't think that's it:
    upload_2019-3-4_11-10-26.png

9. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

We show the "legacy signin" (the one without social signin"), when the editor fails to retrieve that page from the id.unity.com.
    In some cases, when the network is not good or the server is not responding, in order to unblock the user, we show the legacy login where you can only login using unity id.

This behavior is not implemented in the hub since the login is in a separate window and does not block the user.