Search Unity

Question Sign in to hub without internet connection

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by D3Duck, Jun 3, 2023.

1. D3Duck

D3Duck

I've seen several threads about activating a license offline but nothing to sign in to the Hub without internet connection. I am behind a proxy and can't sign in due to this ("something went wrong" error) though I can used a web page and download a file for example to log in just like license activation.

Is there any way to download a sign-in file or other way to sign in without having to connect the Hub to the internet?

Ayebee likes this.
  2. D3Duck

D3Duck

Would still like to know if any answer to this.

3. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies

There is no way to sign in offline like you describe. After signing in one time you will be able to continue using the hub without internet access, but depending on your license you may need to periodically come online in order to reverify your compliance with the terms of your license.

You should be able to sign in within your proxied network after some configuration: https://forum.unity.com/threads/automated-proxy-detection.1493504/

If you cannot be online even a single time (to login for the first time) then your best course of action would be to reach out to support and try to get an exemption from this rule.

D3Duck likes this.