Search Unity

Sign in failed

Discussion in 'Unity Simulation' started by jeffmorris1956, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

Every time I try to sign into unity.okta.com website, I get "Sign in failled" messages. The Quick Start documentation is confusing. I would like step-by-step instructions

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi Jeff,

Can you please share the steps you are taking that lead you to unity.okta.com?

If you are using the USim CLI the command to authenticate is `usim login auth` which should not direct you to unity.okta.com. What version of the CLI are you using? You can find this by running the `usim -v` command.

If there is any particular part of the QuickStart that is giving you trouble would you mind sending an email to simulation-help@unity3d.com describing where you are experiencing issues.

3. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

I didn't know that I have to download the Unity Simulation Bundle and use the USim CLI. I was able to follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide up to where I'm supposed to download the data files. The Power Shell program included with Windows 10 doesn't allow me to edit copied/pasted text.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, please download the bundle first. Please test and share your results, perhaps share a screenshot. The steps are listed here https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Unity-Simulation-Docs/blob/master/doc/quickstart.md

5. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

I was able to download the data files but what do I do with the *.csv file?

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. jeffmorris1956

jeffmorris1956

That is the USim manifest file. After opening the file in MS Excel software, what will I do with it?

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What are you trying to accomplish? From the documentation:

Now the unity_simulation_bundle/RunExecutionData directory should have a single CSV file with approximately 30 lines where each line contains a signed url to the generated image. Additionally, there will be a line which contains the output of the Player log generated during the run execution.

Please reference the Anatomy of a Manifest guide for more information on the layout and types of files that could be present within a manifest.

9. DJ-Antony

DJ-Antony

Mmmm...Access is denied. I'm trying to follow the steps via the unity sim. docs on Github => https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Unity-Simulation-Docs/blob/master/doc/quickstart.md#login

I was trying to Login to Unity Simulation via the CLI, after a few tries.

Windows:
    > USimCLI\windows\usim.exe login auth

I keep getting the error...This app can't run on your PC.

I entered the did the refresh as in the notes...

Windows:
    > USimCLI\windows\usim.exe refresh auth

but I keep getting the same error. Is there a limit to the number of login attempts, and I have to do the "twiddle-thumbs-n wait-overnight-and-watch-Netflix-instead-thing" or is it broke..... or how do I fix it, y'all?

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Has this worked previously for you? Did you navigate to https://unity.com/simulation and sign up first?

11. qijiang_unity

qijiang_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi DJ, are you able to sign in https://id.unity.com/ ?

12. DJ-Antony

DJ-Antony

Yes I am able to sign in https://id.unity.com/ ..perfectly, no problem

...I tried again, this morning, still access is denied ???. Also checked my Windows defender firewall TCP/UDP firewall both status's were OK. But still access denied. I have a gut feeling, usmin falls-over at the back-end,...once there are too many CLI login attempts. Here is my latest CLI...
    This app can't run on your PCv4.png ...

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

That is not a login or access denied related dialog. That is a Windows system dialog that says this system can't even run the executable. It never hits our servers. Any login related errors would show inside your terminal and would show is unauthorized. What type of PC is this? Is it a 64-bit system? Do you have another PC you can test on? Can you turn off Defender and any other AntiVirus software?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.