Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sign-In and Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by TreyK-47, Nov 1, 2023.

1. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

In the latest version of Unity Hub, when you sign out of your account, you will now be prompted to sign back in. This is a change from earlier versions of the Hub, which would not require you to be signed in to continue using the Hub. You will still be able to access your projects outside of the Unity Hub, even if you’re not signed in. If you’re at an organization or studio that requires you to use the Hub without being signed in, you can contact customer support to turn this off.

As previously announced, Unity Personal users will have a 30-day offline grace period, starting on November 15. This change brings the Unity Personal user experience in line with other contemporary software. Instead of dealing with serial keys, your Unity access will be linked directly to your login details. Entitlements will be tied to your login credentials, and follow them wherever they go. You will just need to be connected to the internet at least once every 30 days.

This will apply to Unity 2019 LTS, 2020 LTS, and every version more recent (all 2021, 2022, etc.)

⬇ Please let us know if you have any questions. ⬇

judesidloski and CodeSmile like this.
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I believe it is still possible to install the editor without installing the Hub. If true, how would things behave or change for users who don't have the Hub installed?

3. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Right right. This latest change to the Hub only impacts the Hub. In other words, you can still use the editor without being signed in anywhere.

4. mgear

mgear

just wondering that in Adobe applications, you can use them without launching their Adobe Cloud "hub" first,
    and Photoshop still knows you are logged in.. would that be possible in the future? (launch unity without hub, but still be logged in, inside unity)

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

If you don't mind me asking, does this really add value for your community?
    Many of your users have been loyal to Unity for over a decade.
    Even when offline.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  6. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Can we get the design team to change CLOUD section to icons, like the Version Control on left side?
    Text is eyesore, waste of space, and icon would be better and less work regarding languages/translations.
    :D

Attached Files:

korinVR_FS and mgear like this.
  7. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Noted, will pass along!

jesusluvsyooh and TreyK-47 like this.
  8. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

This is the first step in being able to tie more information (like your licenses, asset store items, etc) to your login. The intention is to create a more "universal" experience

TreyK-47 likes this.
  9. ZigMarch

ZigMarch

I am teaching high school students how to use Unity.
    Due to the high school's internet security, I am not allowed to use the internet on my students' computers, and since Unity is always used offline, I am very confused by this change. Do you have any information that could help me?

mischa2k likes this.
  10. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

Good question. Let me find out. Stand by

11. futalihua

futalihua

Activating once every 30 days is correct and should be supported. Verifying every 3 days (at least in my case) can make users feel annoyed. Actually, there's no need to worry so much. I remember Windows wouldn't require everyone to activate the system once a week.:)