Search Unity

Shuriken Practice

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MrDude, Apr 22, 2008.

1. MrDude

MrDude

Image here...
    http://freespace.virgin.net/jacco.jansen//screenshots/Pic42.png

This is level 1 and will be the featured level in the demo. Players have 4 levels to progress through and at each stage will qualify to use a shuriken of higher rank. Gameplay is entirely via the mouse with the shift button selecting the alternate 2 shuriken for later levels.

Also. the people of aniTown heard about Lotto and got it wrong. They have only the bonus ball and instead of it spinning before it stops... they placed a jack rabbit inside a balloon with a burning fuse so now the ball hops all over the place until you destroy it... gaining the prize of extra shuriken :)

I am releasing the game as donationware and will be available for download any day now. Since this will be my first ever released title I really DO hope you guys n gals enjoy it :)

2. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

NARUTANTASTIC!

.org

3. MrDude

MrDude

It's here you guys n gals! Be the first to have a copy of this demo! :)

The website is very basic and contains some spelling mistakes (my bad) but i just put it together in a hurry to have something up and running. Contact details can be found there. I am eager to get some feedback from you lot.

So here is the details:
    You start with level 1, the more targets you hit, the higher your mastery of that shuriken. When you reach 100%, you graduate to the next level and can start using the next level up.

You have limited shuriken, though. To get more you have to hit two targets at once. This will awaken "the amazing jumping balloon rabbit" (name needs work :p ). Hit the ball / balloon/ creature/ thing to obtain a bonus. You can only get shuriken for the levels you have obtained.

Each level brings with it a bonus so not only does level 3 give you 3x your score when you hit a target with it, it also penalizes you 3x when you hit something you shouldn't. It also gives you 3 times the bonus from hitting the ball!!!! You get the idea...

Bonus shuriken are selected at random but the quantity of shuriken is determined by the level of shuriken you used to hit it with.

Can you reach level 4?
    Can you master level 4 200% ? If so, you are ready for the full game :)

p.s. it gets easier after level 1 :p

EDIT:
    Okay... So I deleted the file.
    I made some major updates to the game since uploading it so you might want to have another look. There is now a widget available as well. Enjoy...

Rapidshare
    http://rapidshare.com/users/GL2NXQ
    Website
    anifamily.co.uk

4. MrDude

MrDude

Man Unity is soooo cool!
    Thanks to the developers of this awesome product for making my day!!!

This week I created my first ever game (Shuriken Practice). It is only 1 level so I call it a demo. It is in fact a fully playable game and perfect for use as a widget... So I released it as a widget yesterday and submitted it to Apple for review.

Today I go online and find my website download limit has been exceeded. I go to apple.com and find my demo is number 1 staff pic and is a featured download!!!!

On apple.com!!!!!

I thank Unity's graphic engine for wowing widget users world wide :)
    I am just so excited about this little development I just had to come here and say thanks. I didn't know who to contact first after I stopped running up and down. My fingers are still shaking as I type. Thanks again all of you :)

You have made my day :)