Search Unity

Showing a list of ScriptableObjects on Inspector

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by dullman, Aug 3, 2016.

1. dullman

dullman

Hello I have a few lists of custom classes derived from ScriptableObjects and i want to display it on Inspector to easily add/remove items from list, I found an article which describe it for single Item, but what i want is to use List.
    for example i have a class
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class Item : ScriptableObject
    and Monobehaviour derived class Items
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class Items : MonoBehaviour {
    2.         public List<Item> BodyCollection;
    3.        ...
    4. }
    So my question is how to i make and editor file to display in editor List of editable fields of Item??

2. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

3. dullman

dullman

Hmm are you answering my question?? Or you get wrong question since i do not never asked about popup question. My question is regards how to force to display List Of ScriptableObjects in Editor (with visible fields not refernce to object), I know it's works if we don't have scriptable objects but still i do need a scriptable object since I do read in documentation about serialization that it will work reference to objects.

4. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

oh, ok... thought you meant a list you can pick one from, i.e. a drop down.

(used to be*) good example of a custom editor to list out a scriptable object :)

*hmmm looks like they've removed the public github source code and blog, so it's just the vid... :(

also you might be interested by http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/live-training-archive/scriptable-objects
    and looking at the live training schedule there are two more "stuff with scriptableobjects" sessions this month (yey live training is back :) )