Search Unity

Feedback Show more downloadable Unity versions in Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Murgilod, May 21, 2020.

1. Murgilod

Murgilod

This is no good. Flat out, this is just no good at all:

upload_2020-5-21_16-45-44.png

Making us click to access the download archive on another site is no good either as it adds a needless step, especially if you want to do things like test the DOTS visual scripting drops or need to go back to a version in case of regressions when all these things could be handled in the Hub itself. I have a pretty simple proposal: a drop down menu and also a search feature.

upload_2020-5-21_16-58-50.png

This is a pretty garbage mockup because I'm not about to go through a whole UX process before I've even had a chance to shower. We should be able to access all these things from the Hub and there are plenty of ways to make that possible. Being able to type "2017.3.12" into a search is fast and easy.

Ruchir likes this.
  2. Hallur90

Hallur90

I want to second this after working with multiple people on a new project that aren't very tech savvy.
    The Hub should have all previous versions available (within reason ofc), it's even more limited now than it is in these 7 month old screenshots.
    The purpose of the Hub is ease of use, this is frankly opposite and makes you wonder what the purpose of the hub even is.
    The Projects tab is great though, kudos on that!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  3. dm_bond

dm_bond