Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Show and run EditorTests window from Script?

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by khartsook, Nov 30, 2016.

1. khartsook

khartsook

Hi all,

From an editor menu item, I'd like to be able to open the Editor Tests Runner window, run all the tests with success/fail visualization in the window as if I had pressed the "Run All" button, and gather the results via callback so I can aggregate them with other tests we are running through other frameworks.

Is any of this possible?

Looking through the API, I see that I can use UnityEditor.EditorTests.Batch to run all of my tests and gather the results, but it seems like I would have to develop my own UI if I want to show any of these results visually.

The API for UnityEditor.EditorTestsRunner only seems to have the EditorTestsWithLogParser class: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/EditorTestsRunner.EditorTestsWithLogParser.html

Thanks for your help!