Search Unity

Feedback Show all Available Unity Versions under Installs

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by marwi, Aug 26, 2019.

1. marwi

marwi

Hello Hub Team,

dont know if this has been asked for before: I'd love to see all available Unity Versions being installeable from HUB directly. Right now for some versions I always have to google for them / use the Archive and THEN click on Open In Hub. It's a minor thing, but as I constantly have to install new/other versions it would improve my experience at least quite a bit.

safaGH likes this.
  2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello @marwi ,
    This feature request was brought up before by some of our users and it's planned for future releases of the hub. Thank you for your feedback!

marwi likes this.
  3. marwi

marwi

thanks for taking the time to reply @safaGH looking forward to that.

Btw: it would be even more convenient to just have a "Install Version" option directly available at projects with versions you currently dont have installed (instead of or as a dropdown option for "Select a version")

upload_2019-9-6_12-56-21.png

safaGH likes this.
  4. marwi

marwi

Oh and while I'm at it here's another suggestion: when installing a "new" old version I regularly find myself confused whether or not the version is done installing or not (e.g. switching views or doing something else in the meantime). So I'd also like to see a clear indicator if the hub is currently installing something (or doing something in general) and what (not just somewhere at the bottom of the installs-list)

upload_2019-9-6_12-59-29.png

safaGH likes this.
  5. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

This feature is already released but only for latest releases (A toast will appear at the bottom of the hub window to suggest an install). It will be improved once the hub allows installing all versions of Unity.

6. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Thank you for your feedback I will suggest this to the team :)

marwi likes this.
  7. Baste

Baste

This seems to only actually work for 2019-based versions, the =>latest<= 2018 LTS is not suggested for install. QA failed to understand my bug report for that - see case 1178643.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019