Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Should remove Ads IAP only stop interstitial and banner ads or also unlock rewarded ad content?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by D12294, Jan 6, 2022.

1. D12294

D12294

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a small mobile game similar like Tap Tap Dash with advertising and IAPs and would like to know your thoughts / knowledge regarding the IAP's ad removal behavior. Is it okay to stop interstitial and banner ads without explanation in the app? Or should items that would be unlocked through one or more rewarded ads also be unlocked after the IAP? And should I write an explanation what exactly will be removed for the app users or is there a standard that is already known to most users of other apps?

So my questions are:
    1. remove ads IAP only stop interstitial and banner ads or
    2. remove ads IAP stop interstitial and banner ads and unlock items/rewards which else could be unlocked through rewarded ads.
    3. Should the Remove Ads Button has an explantion which ads will be removed (and if 2. also which content will be unlocked)

Appreciate your opinions.

Greetings David.

2. r31o

r31o

I will do this:
    -In the main menu some banner at the bottom.
    -In game NO ADS OR BANNERS people hates them
    -When you die (or something like that) in the "die menu" put a banner or two and if your game has it the option to watch a video to respawn or get (for example) twice the gold.
    -When you exit put one add if r random number in range 0-2 is 1.

D12294 likes this.